Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see anyone agreeing to direct the second movie, seeing how the first one was less than average.

You would atleast think they would have let the viewers on some of the major key plots like Mannoroth, the demons of the Burning Legion, to actually give a deeper meaning of the plot and to increase POTENTIAL of upcoming plots...

But nope, cheesy lines with cheesy actors and cheesy everything. You can't make a serious sequel out of this.

And I was one of the guys really waiting since the announcement in 2007 for a Warcraft movie to happen.

They tried to approach a larger public while displeasing the fans, and throwing us a bone like the murloc and a summoning stone (yay).

I hope they don't make a second movie.

Did they ever release a directors cut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I am also a Warcraft lore fan that's why people hate it...
    Oh I didn't like the lore in the movie either, thats not what I meant.

what I mean about liking the movie from a fan perspective, It's just about the people, places, deign and aesthetic not the story. I am aware of how bad it was, but I still got some happiness out of it.

Its the same way of stepping into WoW for the first time, after placing the RTS since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and seeing all those places you remembered from those games, thats the experience I got from the movie. and that's why I still find something to like.

I still hope for a sequel though
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-01 at 09:01 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Did they ever release a directors cut?
    No, they released the deleted scenes. And it's a pity they were deleted because at least then the movie would feel slightly less rushed.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Orby;45562795]
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Oh I didn't like the lore in the movie either, thats not what I meant.

what I mean about liking the movie from a fan perspective, It's just about the people, places, deign and aesthetic not the story. I am aware of how bad it was, but I still got some happiness out of it.

Its the same way of stepping into WoW for the first time, after placing the RTS since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and seeing all those places you remembered from those games, thats the experience I got from the movie. and that's why I still find something to like.
    Also, some of the issues could easily be fixed in the 2nd movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    No, they released the deleted scenes. And it's a pity they were deleted because at least then the movie would feel slightly less rushed.

Also, some of the issues could easily be fixed in the 2nd movie.

indeed. I hope they do, after all we got Logan from Wolverine Origins so I can be optimistic
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I guess if they halved the budget, got blizz more involved with the script, Released the movie in the US at the same time and not 2 weeks later i mean it was a hit in Europe and China but flopped in the USA.

Anyway like i said maybe its for the best its just left alone but $433.7 million plus DVD and VOD aint bad so there is a nucleus of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    indeed. I hope they do, after all we got Logan from Wolverine Origins so I can be optimistic
    One glaring issue that may be is that Orgrim Doomhammer went into exile. So who would lead the Horde to conquest of Lorderon?

Orcs hate Gul'dan and Garona wants to push for peace, but after killing Llaine, that's the last thing Lothar would want.

It's simple. Introduce Ner'zhul; after all the build up for Lich King has to start somewhere and this is the perfect timing. Have him beat his former apprentice into submission using the Void Magic, from there on things flow as in the book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its for the best

China carried the movie greatly and because of anti superstition laws in china they wouldnt be able to show the scourge as zombies and skeletons thus making it pointless.
    You know this is bullshit right? China has no such law. The censorship that happened in Wrath was self-censorship to get the game easier/faster through the control

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except over half of the grossing by Warcraft was earned in the East. US studios don't care about that.
    They definitely do care about that
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    The film was awful and didn't sell very well, why would they make a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    You know this is bullshit right? China has no such law. The censorship that happened in Wrath was self-censorship to get the game easier/faster through the control
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...e-china-910563

They banned the Ghostbusters movie cause 'China's official censorship guidelines technically prohibit movies that "promote cults or superstition" — a holdover from the Communist Party's secular ideology'

Now sure it could just be just BS but could they risk making a movie which has a very good chance of being banned especially if you are targeting a chinese audience that carried the movie?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i was one of those who wanted wacarft movie so fucking bad, and i was super happy that a fan got to make it (duncan)

but now, i say this with full force and confidence, NO, warcraft movie was a disaster, so much cut (40min?), story all over the place, focused too much on cgi and forgot the plot, and the duel is one of the stupidest thing i have ever seen! ball slashing? couldn't keep up with the book and let orgrim take his kill on blackhand eh? last thing we need is mary sues.

no, atleast we need a expreienced director who can say NO to movie cuts by producers, because duncan is new, and he cannot say no and insist, BECAUSE that will mark him as a hard to work with, which is bad for his rep.

sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    They definitely do care about that
    They care about pulling in a larger haul oversees, especially the lucrative Chinese market. But when your movie basically is ONLY a massive draw in China, then it changes, as the theater companies in China take a much larger % than elsewhere, so your profit margins are much smaller. Basically you want to use the massive size of the Chinese market to help pad out your gross, not rely on it to do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

Deleted
    Blizzard could fund this movie themselfs if they rly wanted to push it.
    I mean the movie industry is a small figh if you compair it to the game buisness.

It is just the question if blizzard beleaves in the warcraft universe to become movies or if they dont beleave in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was concerned with the first one because they wrapped up filming in only 6 weeks. That seems like a really short amount of time.

Market Research will decide about that and basically nothing else nowadays.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...e-china-910563

They banned the Ghostbusters movie cause 'China's official censorship guidelines technically prohibit movies that "promote cults or superstition" — a holdover from the Communist Party's secular ideology'

Now sure it could just be just BS but could they risk making a movie which has a very good chance of being banned especially if you are targeting a chinese audience that carried the movie?
    emm, that is not the full story. Sony didnt want to release the movie in China since they wasnt sure it would make any money there due to not having a fanbase from before.

There are plenty of movies/games featuring Ghosts, Zombies and stuff like that in China.

On the one hand, I'd like to see Jones try to "fix" some of the studio decisions with a sequel. Not that the studio would necessarily allow that.

On the other, I'd like to see Blizzard make their own fully animated Warcraft series. Obviously it wouldn't be feasible with the style they use for WoW cinematics, but I can see something like the Overwatch shorts working.

I guess I'm the only one who saw the thread title and thought "Warcraft II Remaster". I'm not into movies, so I didn't even remember who Duncan Jones was :/
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    emm, that is not the full story. Sony didnt want to release the movie in China since they wasnt sure it would make any money there due to not having a fanbase from before.

There are plenty of movies/games featuring Ghosts, Zombies and stuff like that in China.
    Well it doesnt stop them releasing there crap else where does it? Anyway maybe Ghostbusters wasnt a great example cause lets face it those ghosts in that movie looked like something out of Nickelodeon.

But films like Pirates of the Carribean they did go to town with https://www.theguardian.com/film/2006/jul/10/news1 cause of they didnt like the portrayal of the souls of the dead and other shit.

My point is yes the Chinese censorship can be very tetchy and unpredictable and you aint gonna risk 150 mil on something that POSSIBLY could get banned in your number 1 market so showing badass zombies killing shit like in a Arthas film would most likely not happen.