Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Elisande and Gul'dizzle will be getting hit by the nerf bat in the next month. Part of me hopes it'll just be HP nerfs but it'll probably HP nerfs on top of mechanic nerfs.
    Called it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Nighthold

Grand Magistrix Elisande

• Slow Time Zones now last 70 seconds on all difficulties (was 60 seconds).
    • Fast Time Zones now last 35 seconds on all difficulties (was 30 seconds).
    • Damage from Arcanetic Ring reduced to 3 Million on Mythic difficulty (was 3.6 Million).
    • Elisande health decreased 5% on Mythic difficulty.

Gul’dan
    • Gul'dan's health has been reduced by 5% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
    • Fel Lord Kuraz'mal and D'zorykx the Trapper's health has been reduced by 10% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
    • Inquisitor Vethriz's health has been reduced by 10% on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Azagrim, Beltheris, and Dalvengyr's health has been reduced by 10% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Chaos Seed missile travel speed decreased slightly on Mythic difficulty.
    • Parasitic Wound damage decreased by 10% on Mythic difficulty.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand, this is earlier than I expected. On the other, there's less than two months left until the next raid, so there's not really much time left. Cue the "filthy casuals will get 10/10 now, why would you do this, Blizz?!"

Those seem pretty minor.

Rings will still kill you most of the time because of cascadent star, or if not topped off, or if the fast add is up.

You'll cut out wipes where you weren't precise with recursive elemental dps at the start of a phase I guess but those weren't common.

Health nerfs might help a few guilds get one fewer ring set.

Gul'dan nerfs also seem minor to me, but I haven't killed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    More like 15% on all mobs (boss included). Those fights are overtuned shit right now and require tuning badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    I think anything over 5% would be too large a nerf, as new traits have already made them quite a bit easier. 10% could happen but i think it would be too big.

told ya

I mean its like what 300 guilds that are 10/10? Those are the lowest numbers we've seen since Naxx 40 before next tier. Doubt Blizz is happy with those numbers regardless of the penis waving on here.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I mean its like what 300 guilds that are 10/10? Those are the lowest numbers we've seen since Naxx 40 before next tier. Doubt Blizz is happy with those numbers regardless of the penis waving on here.
    Hey it's not quite THAT bad.

I recall seeing that only 216 guilds got Kil'jaeden before 3.0.

Naxxramas 40 was something stupid like 81 guilds that got Kel'Thuzad before 2.0.

And wowprogress says only 31 guilds killed Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Darkness 25) before the meganerf in the 5 months he was out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Those seem pretty minor.
    They will help more then they look 5% health on guldan is ofc 5% health but lowering health of adds means more dmg onto the boss on top of that 5% so it kinda adds up and the last two are just minor healing reductions
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    Yes they are nerfing it further.

God... Does no one read patch notes these days...?

well its still 2months till the end of the tier, so can't really use those numbers to compare anything, basically any endboss in the fast few tiers has gotten a nerf before the next one released.
    Its just the general way blizzard does things now. They'll give you some time to kill it prenerf and they probably plan from the beginning to nerf it one day.

what the gul'dan nerfs basically do: You can skip the hellfire+bonds combo in p1 because you'll be able to push to p2 before fel lord spawn. P2 will still be the same, you'll push between 3rd harvest and 4th storm, but maybe saving bloodlust now. P3 will still be the same mechanically, just that you have less chance of someone randomly dying to parasite/flame crash combo which could've been devastating in the past and immediatly result in a wipe. If you saved your lust you could use it for 3rd nightorb if you're struggling to get that down in time or for the final push, so you don't have to deal with too much cc.
    Atleast they didn't nerf damage on a lot of abilities so you'd drop a healer.

Deleted
    wasnt helya M kills before Nh lower?

I'm a little bit disappointed. We had a bunch of raiders meet up at disney world last week and so we couldn't field our usual Gul'dan team 2 of the raid days and we missed the other raid day when only 19 were online. The trip was planned months in advance though. We were pretty certain we would get it down this week before the nerfs so we should get it for sure now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Yes they are nerfing it further.

God... Does no one read patch notes these days...?
    The thread is one week old, looks like you did not read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Well the new artifact traits in 7.2 made NH easier so I think that counts as a nerf...
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Those seem pretty minor.

Rings will still kill you most of the time because of cascadent star, or if not topped off, or if the fast add is up.

You'll cut out wipes where you weren't precise with recursive elemental dps at the start of a phase I guess but those weren't common.

Health nerfs might help a few guilds get one fewer ring set.

Minor? The rings won't kill most people hit now, they already didn't 1 shot (if you were geared) but killed you cause of cas, but now they won't, you have significantly more fuck up room.

The fact that it really doesn't matter when the first blue adds die now, is huge. And the 5 % health nerf won't make a huge difference for most guilds, but if you can skip an extra ring with it, it's gg. It makes the fight a bit of a joke.

And the Gul'dan one is far from minor, 5% nerf to the hp means guilds will now lust p1 (some did already but not all progging guilds had the dps to do so) to skip the 2nd add (fel lord) which makes p1 trivial, taking out a bunch of prog wipes you'd otherwise have to do. Trapper having less hp makes it trivial to kill him before his 2nd trap cast.

P2 on Gul'dan was already fairly easy and didn't take many wipes, as it's basically p3 on heroic, chaos seeds is a minor change, but can help ranged to squeeze out a little more dps, and the parasitic wounds is minor ish but still vnice.

TL;DR it makes the gul'dan phase significantly easier, and will reduce your total wipes by like 50+.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    wasnt helya M kills before Nh lower?
    Helya though had the large gate known as 35th artifact point which delayed a lot of guilds in getting to her. NH, not so much and not at all in 7.2.

Also, while ToV technically was only 3 bosses, they were all very tough especially Guarm's dps check and Helya herself.

Compared to say, NH where first 3 bosses were a joke for any guild with serious intentions of killing Gul'dan and probably first 5ish weren't going to stop those guilds for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I don't see how it's huge on the blue adds, did you really sit there wiping all night to not killing the add at the right time? We've pulled the boss maybe 50 times and wiped maybe 3 times to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    On the one hand, this is earlier than I expected. On the other, there's less than two months left until the next raid, so there's not really much time left. Cue the "filthy casuals will get 10/10 now, why would you do this, Blizz?!"
    You mean those that doesnt rush or, those that has worked hard for their roster while people have been leaving left and right because of no patience gets a chance?

I don't see how it's huge on the blue adds, did you really sit there wiping all night to not killing the add at the right time? We've pulled the boss maybe 50 times and wiped maybe 3 times to that.
    Don't know about guild progressing now, but back when we first killed it, it was a super tight balancing act. We needed every ounce of DPS we could get on the boss to push before third rings, which meant that both adds had to die mostly through cleave. If we had someone RNG out (mastery proc on DH hello) suddenly what would usually have the adds sit at 10% when it came time to kill them, would finish them early. Change in a warrior with a draught that decided "I'mma hit JUST this one add rather than split damage evenly", also fucked.

With the new gear and nerfs this probably isn't the case for most guilds anymore, but we had our fair share of wipes to it in the name of optimising damage.

God damnit. We were getting so close on Gul'Dan. Just one or two more raid nights.

So.. is it active now? Or EU has one more raid night without the nerf?