May 1 Hotfixes, Children's Week 2017, Blue Posts, Hearthstone Reaches 70M Players

Three Free Un'Goro Packs to Celebrate 70 Million Hearthstone Players!

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - May 1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Dungeons and Raids
    • All raid adjustments will take effect with restarts in each region.

The Nighthold
    • Grand Magistrix Elisande
      • Slow Time Zones now last 70 seconds on all difficulties (was 60 seconds).
      • Fast Time Zones now last 35 seconds on all difficulties (was 30 seconds).
      • Damage from Arcanetic Ring reduced to 3 Million on Mythic difficulty (was 3.6 Million).
      • Elisande health decreased 5% on Mythic difficulty.

• Gul’dan
      • Gul'dan's health has been reduced by 5% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
      • Fel Lord Kuraz'mal and D'zorykx the Trapper's health has been reduced by 10% on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
      • Inquisitor Vethriz's health has been reduced by 10% on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
      • Azagrim, Beltheris, and Dalvengyr's health has been reduced by 10% on Heroic difficulty.
      • Chaos Seed missile travel speed decreased slightly on Mythic difficulty.
      • Parasitic Wound damage decreased by 10% on Mythic difficulty.

Event
    • The Children's Week quest "Auchindoun and the Ring of Observance" can now be completed.
    • Orphan Whistles can now be used in battlegrounds.

Items
    • Killing bosses in Cathedral of Eternal Night will now activate the Burden of Power set bonus from Return to Karazhan.

Player versus Player

Children's Week 2017

This year, Children's Week will run from May 1st through May 8th. During this time, players can adopt orphans from capital cities and show them around the world to be rewarded with up to 10 holiday pets.

Adopt an Orphan or Three
    There are several orphans both Horde and Alliance players can adopt during Children's Week, each with individual quests lines to complete. Each quest line has several pets for you to choose from as a reward. Iif you already have all the pets, the Pet Care Package is an alternative reward which contains a variety of pet items.

Horde Orphans
    You can adopt the Orcish orphan Grunth from Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar and the Blood Elf orphan Salandria from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City. You can adopt both orphans at the same time and complete their quest simultaneously.

Orcish Orphan - Grunth
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar, you must be level 10 or above. Summon your orphan using the Orcish Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

Three quests become available once you turn in Children's Week:

Once you complete these three quests, two more quests become available:

Once you complete these two quests, the final quest becomes available:

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package, Curmudgeon's Payoff, or one of these pets:

Blood Elf Orphan - Salandria
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City, you must be level 60 or above. Summon your orphan using the Blood Elf Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package or one of the following pets:

Alliance Orphans
    You can adopt the Human orphan Randis from Orphan Matron Nightgale in Stormwind City and the Draenei orphan Dornaa from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City. You can adopt both orphans at the same time and complete their quest simultaneously.

Human Orphan - Randis
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Nightgale in Stormwind City, you must be level 10 or above. Summon your orphan using the Human Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package, Curmudgeon's Payoff or one of these pets:

Draenei Orphan - Dornaa
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City, you must be level 60 or above. Summon your orphan using the Draenei Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

Once you complete these three quests, three more quests become available:

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package or one of the following pets:

Neutral Orphans
    Horde and Alliance players can choose either the Oracle orphan Roo or the Wolvar Orphan Kekek from Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran (Northrend). You can only choose one orphan per character, so if you want both pets in the same year you can do so with an alt. In order to pick up these quests you must be level 70 or above.

Oracle Orphan - Roo
    Talk to Orphan Matron Aria and choose Little Orphan Roo Of The Oracles to receive the Oracle Orphan Whistle. Summon your orphan and you will be offered these quests.

Once you complete these quest, the final quest becomes available:

The first time you complete this quest on a character, you will be rewarded with the Curious Oracle Hatchling. If you complete it again on the same character, you will be able to choose between a Pet Care Package or a Curmudgeon's Payoff.

Wolvar Orphan - Kekek
    Talk to Orphan Matron Aria and choose Little Orphan Kekek Of The Wolvar to receive the Wolvar Orphan Whistle. Summon your orphan and you will be offered these quests.

Once you complete these quest, the final quest becomes available:

The first time you complete this quest on a character, you will be rewarded with the Curious Wolvar Pup. If you complete it again on the same character, you will be able to choose between a Pet Care Package or a Curmudgeon's Payoff.

Toys
    Two toys are available from Blax Bottlerocket in Orgrimmar and Craggle Wobbletop in Stormwind City only during Children's Week. You can only use these toys during the holiday as well.

Achievements
    Complete the following achievements to complete For The Children which awards you with the title 'Matron' or 'Patron' depending on your character's gender. For The Children is also required for What a Long Strange Trip It's Been that rewards the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake, so be sure not to skip out if you're going for the mount!

The only achievement that is not part of the meta is Veteran Nanny.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Orphan Whistle in Battlegrounds
    This was a bug, and should now be resolved.

Let me know if you continue to see that the Whistle is unusable in battlegrounds! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Character Talent Customization
    There is nothing "unique" about having to ask the Internet about every single point you spent and hoping the group leader's prefered cookie cutter build was the same as yours.

We may have less options numerically, but in practice we have more choices by a long shot.

There's a bit of an 'illusion' of choice that came with them, and that's really what people hold on to.

When folks say, "Oh, but you could make a unique build" - could you? Shockadin wasn't unique, for example, there were tons of them running around, all following the same guide that they read online. I do agree that it made people feel like they had more choice, but most of that was filling in passives to move down the tree which isn't super exciting.

I think there are benefits to both styles - and, yeah, we still have cookie cutter builds today, but its something we try to be more aware of generally - but its hard to avoid there always being a "best" set of talents.

Thing is Ornyx, nothing has changed in this regard. There is still an illusion of choice in many talent builds (feral being a glaring example of this for max dps). If you're not using the max dps build in any class / spec.. you're sub optimal.
    I think that's true - and wasn't trying to say otherwise. As said, there are obviously still build guides, and there are definitely 'best' talent choices out there.

It's something the class design team is constantly working on. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hearthstone Reaches 70 Million Players
    Hot on the heels of the news that Overwatch has reached 30 Million players, the Hearthstone team announced that they have hit 70 million players!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    It’s a good thing that there’s always room for one more, because the tavern has now welcomed over 70 Million players! On top of that, with Journey to Un'Goro, Hearthstone had more players playing together on the same day—around the whole world—than at any point in its history!

The Next Round’s on US!

We’re humbled and grateful that so many players have chosen to join us for some Hearthstone fun. As our way of saying thanks, starting today through the end of May, everyone who logs in will receive three free Journey to Un’Goro card packs. Yup! Everyone! Even new players! Just log in to claim your bonus packs!

We look forward to sharing many more years of Hearthstone with you. Hold on to your mug, and let’s find out where the journey will take us, together!
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-05-02 at 02:50 AM.

Salandria's the most cute thing ever created.

I want to keep her whistle forever

The letter you get from her after completing her quest chain telling she's enrolling the Blood Knights under Lady Liadrin's care hits me right in the feels (ex Blood Knight RPer here)

So Hearthstone is 3 years old and Overwatch 1 year and in 1/3 of the time of WoW they managed to have a total of 100 million unique players across both games? Pretty damn impressive. At this rate Hearthstone looks set to overtake WoW in unique accounts.

Where is the "Yes, but only to get the Hearthsteed" option?

Warrior nerfs. Fking finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So Hearthstone is 3 years old and Overwatch 1 year and in 1/3 of the time of WoW they managed to have a total of 100 million unique players across both games? Pretty damn impressive. At this rate Hearthstone looks set to overtake WoW in unique accounts.
    the challenge there is how many of those unique accounts are actually very active though I mean (at time of comment) the poll on here showed something like 60% of the people had played but were no longer active, and as a f2p game it's really easy to try it, not like it and drop, but that still shows up as a "unique account"

Quote Originally Posted by amythist View Post
    the challenge there is how many of those unique accounts are actually very active though I mean (at time of comment) the poll on here showed something like 60% of the people had played but were no longer active, and as a f2p game it's really easy to try it, not like it and drop, but that still shows up as a "unique account"
    Oh I'm not denying that. But 70 million people in 3 years have at least tried the game. It is a pretty impressive feat.

Another year, another holiday with no update. They already have pandaren children models in game, might as well put them to use...

I only ever loaded up Hearthstone to get the mount from it. I'm not a fan of those types of card games at all. I'll be the first to admit it's largely because I suck at them. And I don't like them enough to practice at them.

Registered for the mount and then uninstalled. Not a fun experience for me, will never touch it again.

I'm pretty much sold on the current talent system. I mean, what's left to fix? Sure, you still have Cookie Cutter M+ AoE, Cookie Cutter PvP, and Cookie Cutter All Purpose Raid setups, but that's at least as many viable builds as we ever had back in WOTLK, when the trees were so damn huge that even the devs were getting scared of adding more talents.

As a perk of this incarnation, you can always switch to that situational talent that will give you an edge against a weird mechanic or an overpowered PvP comp. It's come a long way since MoP.

With that being said, the Shockadin spec was the reason why many rolled a Paladin in the first place, so it shouldn't be discounted as merely being a rose-tinted trend. The fantasy of being a plate nuker is still somewhat absent from the game, even today. Isn't WoW at its strongest when the prospect of trying out another class is just as interesting as doing more content on your main? You definitely had that feeling going with a spec like Shockadin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really understand where all the development money goes. Raising their paychecks? Hiring friends and family to brown-nose / circlejerk? Metzen's pension?

All that bragging about a bigger team and they still couldn't afford to port WoW (or D3) to SC2 when some "basement nerd" can essentially port the game onto the SC2 Editor on their free time (and then get cease and desisted)?

Are the devs seriously bummed they have to do their job for more than a few hours a day, possibly pushing into weekends and holidays?
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-02 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    I dabbled a bit in Hearthstone, but stopped to play after I got the promo mount. Similar with HotS. Not my kind of games. I would love to have some kind of Civilization in the WoW setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    All that bragging about a bigger team and they still couldn't afford to port WoW (or D3) to SC2 when some "basement nerd" can essentially port the game onto the SC2 Editor on their free time (and then get cease and desisted)?
    Or maybe, just maybe, they have no real urge to do it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Bladedancer's Grace now correctly improves the critical strike damage of Death Sweep.
    How'bout you sell us another Betatest version for the same hefty price, lads?
    You didn't bother testing those FANCY BRAND NEW LOOT2.0 TALENT NODES™. You didn't bother testing those raid bosses you've 'patched' via 7.2.0 (ohai Elisande). You didn't bother testing those class challenges at all (I had to do mine on the first day while suffering from three major bugs including one that had the same origin with abovementioned Elisande bug). Pardon me for asking, but what DID you bother about?

Deleted
    Well i got to play Hearthstone in order to get the mount. I had never played card games before . To my surprise i got very excited. I said to myself wow that's a cool game i can play forever. And then i got my mount and uninstalled it immediately. I decided that my wow addiction is enough for me. I don't need another 1

I would play Hearthstone again but they added some bs to force you to play the AI 3 times.

but...

“Something Different” now requires 1 Brawl victory to complete (was 3 Brawl completions)
    Any Alliance players here angry about this change?

"I think there are benefits to both styles - and, yeah, we still have cookie cutter builds today, but its something we try to be more aware of generally - but its hard to avoid there always being a "best" set of talents."

one thing is more inportant..

have FUN with your build and talents!

Deleted
    Thanks Blizzard!
    2 legendary on one pack! <3