Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    As true conservatives they should appreciate Spencer's/Darwin's "survival of the fittest", and accept their place in the back.
    Something tells me you wouldn't agree when certain sexes or other 'minority' groups were in the same situation.

Maybe the handicapped next? You should read up on eugenics, sounds right up your alley.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    At least the word safe space is being used properly in this discussion meaning a place away from the violent activists.

Point out where the women they didn't invite for the safe space we're threatening them with violence.

Oh look, another partisan hack who has to defend his side when they do things he usually mocks others for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, this article itself is bullshit. I'm currently attending university in Australia, and have transferred from a different uni to my current one last year. The vast, VAST majority of the students on campus don't give a shit about politics, unless it directly impacts them. And even when it does, they rarely recognise it as part of a political agenda. What university students DON'T like, is any form of speech or statements that is intolerant or generalised. I have never, in 30 years, heard anyone in Australia screaming at "conservatives" or "liberals" or any of the other buzzwords that political parties throw around like chimpanzees with turd.

Don't believe everything you read. Australia is so politically unmotivated, it borders on political neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I have no idea what is going on down under. But, if I were a Conservative on a US campus, I would not feel safe. The fascists of the left make it completely impossible to be safe, and have success, on liberal campuses. If you are not beaten with bats and sticks, you will just be failed by your professors. This is how the movie Idiocracy comes true.
    You do understand its not possible for a left winger to be fascist? If you insist on being hyperbolic you may want to consider something like Stalinist or perhaps totalitarian if you would prefer something generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I have no idea what is going on down under. But, if I were a Conservative on a US campus, I would not feel safe. The fascists of the left make it completely impossible to be safe, and have success, on liberal campuses. If you are not beaten with bats and sticks, you will just be failed by your professors. This is how the movie Idiocracy comes true.
    Uhhhhhh, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Uhhhhhh, what?
    It's the standard conservative trope about liberal academics, which is true to an extent, though vastly over exaggerated, just stated real dumb like.

It's worth noting that if this article basically anyone else from any other group, most of whom experience violence and harassment at a far, far greater rate than political conservatives, we'd all be buried by an avalanche of "SNOWFLAKE SNOWFLAKE SNOWFLAKE CUCKADOODLEDOO" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    It's worth noting that if this article basically anyone else from any other group, most of whom experience violence and harassment at a far, far greater rate than political conservatives, we'd all be buried by an avalanche of "SNOWFLAKE SNOWFLAKE SNOWFLAKE CUCKADOODLEDOO" posts.
    Our grievances are justified, those libural cucks are the snowflakes not us!!!

Oh right, I forgot to mention this in the other thread but since the idea of persecution on US campuses came up again, I'll share it. I once wrote an English essay that I'm pretty sure would have pissed everyone off: I argued that instead of legalizing illegal immigrants or removing them and increasing border controls, that the status quo was desirable. I then proceeded to write about how we could preserve something similar to the status quo even if we decided to fix immigration.

My liberal professor, emphasis on liberal, wrote on my essay that he didn't agree with practically anything I said. And then he gave me an A+ on it because it was well written. I could have been a dyed in the wool conservative for all he knew. And yet, miraculously, I didn't get failed.

So I don't buy into the whole 'you're a liberal so you wouldn't understand what it's like to be conservative' business. And it wasn't even just this. I have other beliefs that are decidedly not liberal, and I've expressed them along with my reasoning on a few occasions. And I haven't had my face punched in yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You do understand its not possible for a left winger to be fascist? If you insist on being hyperbolic you may want to consider something like Stalinist or perhaps totalitarian if you would prefer something generic.
    The term "fascists of the left" is intentional. I am fully aware of the meaning. But, the issue wasn't with the views of the fascists in history, it was with their actions. Those actions completely mirror the campus riots that have been going on this year, amusingly backed by Antifa. The world hated fascists who used violence to silence opposing views. I fail to see how that situation is not reversed in the current climate.

Our grievances are justified, those libural cucks are the snowflakes not us!!!

But the Australian ones should definitely still fear the giant spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    People commonly confuse ignorance for stupidity. Ignorance is not knowing a thing and is totally fine. I wouldn't even call it "forgivable" because there's nothing to forgive. Stupidity is an unwillingness to either seek out or accept new credible information to be informed on a subject you have a strong opinion on.

Stupidity's genetic as far as a predisposition for it running in families. It gets nurtured, reinforced and carefully fostered by cultural/family/religious values.
    I'm responding to your quote, using your terms.

So, you agree you were wrong to cite "breeding" of ignorant people being the cause for there being more ignorant people now than before? You basically are now in agreement with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Something tells me you wouldn't agree when certain sexes or other 'minority' groups were in the same situation.
    No, because they do not propose such policies.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

But the Australian ones should definitely still fear the giant spiders.
    How Australians can worry about anything but those spiders is beyond me. I would die before 30 due to stress.

All the reasons I've seen regarding why people don't feel safe is because neither side knows how to communicate without being insulting, derogatory, condescending, inflammatory or just WAY off base.

If these campus kids were able to actually act like decent people and have a civil conversation this wouldn't happen, but no.... the stories I've read, videos I've seen and news I've heard is all about how the second these folks from the left, right, fascists or any other buzzword we're calling them get any spotlight they use it to starting a fucking riot.

I'd be pretty hard pressed to have a civil discussion when the person trying to "talk" to me spent the entire time demeaning everything I stand for, insulting me and my friends and acting like a smug asshole.

How Australians can worry about anything but those spiders is beyond me. I would die before 30 due to stress.
    Too busy worrying about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/n...30-gvvxxj.html
    In 2014, as Fairfax reported on Sunday, Facebook posts surfaced of University of Melbourne Liberal Club members describing women as "sluts" and Muslims as "degenerates".
    Didn't we warn you that liberals are regressives and the real racists and misogynists? Now who looks silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Didn't we warn you that liberals are regressives and the real racists and misogynists? Now who looks silly.
    While I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Australian political parties, I'm not sure if "liberal" means what you think it means here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The Australian Liberal Party is, along with the National Party, the right-wing party in Australia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

While I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Australian political parties, I'm not sure if "liberal" means what you think it means here.
    The LNP, or Liberals are a coalition of right winged business people (liberal party) and right winged rural people (National party). They are a right winged through and through.

Liberals(LNP) = Republicans, kinda
    Labor(ALP) = Democrats, kinda.