Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A shame they'll keep nerfing the harder content just because Tomb is near. I'm not sure I like this raid's approach of making everything super hard for the first few months then nerfing it every few weeks at the end.

It's not live on US yet, meaning it'll likely come with the reset, meaning yea, EU has another night of un-nerfed guldan left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's not live on US yet, meaning it'll likely come with the reset, meaning yea, EU has another night of un-nerfed guldan left.
    Strike!! For sargeras!!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy_Prince View Post
    A shame they'll keep nerfing the harder content just because Tomb is near. I'm not sure I like this raid's approach of making everything super hard for the first few months then nerfing it every few weeks at the end.
    Well their design philosophy seems to be to get around 700-800 guilds cutting edge minimum a tier, and there's no way in hell that would have happened this tier without nerfs. This tier is one of the hardest i've personally done (skipped WoD altogether though).

Deleted
    While it would have been nice to kill Gul'dan without nerfs, this pretty much means we'll be done with progression in about 3 or 4 more nights, which makes for some room until Tomb opens - I like it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Helya though had the large gate known as 35th artifact point which delayed a lot of guilds in getting to her. NH, not so much and not at all in 7.2.

Also, while ToV technically was only 3 bosses, they were all very tough especially Guarm's dps check and Helya herself.

Compared to say, NH where first 3 bosses were a joke for any guild with serious intentions of killing Gul'dan and probably first 5ish weren't going to stop those guilds for long.
    Guarm wasn't really a hard DPS check. Our guild killed him with only like 2 or 3 people at 35 traits.

Finally nerfs, should have applied them few months ago...

Deleted
    Lulz nice nerfs. NH mythic is a joke now (it already was with 7.2 release)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    Lulz nice nerfs. NH mythic is a joke now (it already was with 7.2 release)
    Well, I'm sure elite player like you will enjoy having it easier to gear up their fifth alt for ToS, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well, I'm sure elite player like you will enjoy having it easier to gear up their fifth alt for ToS, right?
    You have no idea how many twinks were around during the most guilds guldamn firstkills.

The guldamn nerfs will help to bring your mains

as long as elitist jerks - malganis, ion hazz guild hasnt killed those bosses. it will be nerfed when they get to it lol. just something to keep in mind op

I don't agree with nerfing it 1-2 months out. I think they should have just tuned it down from the beginning but i guess they didnt realize how tough they were tuning it.

Sucks for those guilds tearing their hair out 4 nights a week for months just to get nerfed slightly but I can't say i feel sorry for anyone its their choice to raid hardcore.

I never realized how many people really cared about killing a boss pre nerf or post nerf? Like what? That really is a trophy in your mind? Just as long as i clear a tier before the next man im good to go. On that note though I doubt we clear this tier even after the nerfs. We only raid 6 hours a week and are only 6/10 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I don't agree with nerfing it 1-2 months out. I think they should have just tuned it down from the beginning but i guess they didnt realize how tough they were tuning it.
    So how much damage has this done to mythic guilds, overall?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So how much damage has this done to mythic guilds, overall?
    This tier burnt out many high end guilds to where most of them are quitting and those who are remaining condensing into new guilds, outright wiped out many mid-level mythic guilds (those stuck on auger pre 7.2) and made some lower end mythic guilds (those who were 3/10 before 7.2) reconsider time vs reward here in the US to the point its better just to grind heroic and get better gear because of the titanforge system. They fixed the other major issue in regards to mythic raiding (the AP grind) which contributed more to the loss of all those guilds.

Need to wait until Tomb opens to see the true damage done but I would not be surprised in a noticeable decrease in mythic participation next tier. I also think Tomb is going to be much easier than Nighthold.
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-05-02 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty stupid, imo.

Boss was already easy compared to pre 7.2, because of new weapon traits. And the boss would have gotten even easier over time, due to more ap grinding. Now with those nerfs it'll be virtually trivial. Which defeats the purpose of a Mythic endboss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Pretty stupid, imo.

Boss was already easy compared to pre 7.2, because of new weapon traits. And the boss would have gotten even easier over time, due to more ap grinding. Now with those nerfs it'll be virtually trivial. Which defeats the purpose of a Mythic endboss.
    Gul'dan Mythic is by no means an easy boss, and the nerfs will help abit but not that much. Also i'd like to see how many times you've killed him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Gul'dan Mythic is by no means an easy boss, and the nerfs will help abit but not that much. Also i'd like to see how many times you've killed him.
    Easy compared to before 7.2. Reading comprehension, please.

But now it's gonna be really easy, in a couple of weeks you'll have so much damage you can zerg him, lol. I mean you already could do that since 7.2. By skipping the Fel lord phase completely. As if the boss wasn't already easy enough. Laughable.

Why nerf a boss, that already was getting easier as time went on? Tomb releases in June, by then most people will have several ranks of the new paragon trait, even those that do not raid Mythic. Which is what would have already made the boss way easier than it used to be, without these silly nerfs.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-05-02 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    This tier burnt out many high end guilds to where most of them are quitting and those who are remaining condensing into new guilds, outright wiped out many mid-level mythic guilds (those stuck on auger pre 7.2) and made some lower end mythic guilds (those who were 3/10 before 7.2) reconsider time vs reward here in the US to the point its better just to grind heroic and get better gear because of the titanforge system. They fixed the other major issue in regards to mythic raiding (the AP grind) which contributed more to the loss of all those guilds.

Need to wait until Tomb opens to see the true damage done but I would not be surprised in a noticeable decrease in mythic participation next tier.
    Whats the point of grinding heroic without doing mythic? We kiled Guldan hc before mythic opened.

You gear up to clear content. And we still go heroic NH though we are 9/10 mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Easy compared to before 7.2. Reading comprehension, please.

But now it's gonna be really easy, in a couple of weeks you'll have so much damage you can zerg him, lol. I mean you already could do that since 7.2. By skipping the Fel lord phase completely..
    No its not going to be easy. Fight rrquires a lot of coordination still.

Most raids at 5/10 wont kill Guldan because it still is diffocult and requires coordination. Those top guilds killed by doing 50 to 100 hours of tries. Our raid has 7 hours per week.... and we arent full of top players.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    He's not supposed to be easy. He's the tier end boss. I hate that they nerf raid content. If you can't beat the hardest content in it's original form then get better. If you can't beat it then you are deserving of beating it. The Artifact boosts should have been nerf enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Whats the point of grinding heroic without doing mythic? We kiled Guldan hc before mythic opened.

You gear up to clear content. And we still go heroic NH though we are 9/10 mythic.
    I was referring to guilds who hit the 3/10 wall. I heard many complaints that it just isn't worth their time to do mythic early this tier. For example I had a friend whose guild basically said instead of wiping to Krosus for 3 nights and getting nowhere they were having more fun just doing another heroic run on alts considering how there is a chance you can get better gear than mythic raiding due to the titanforge system. So instead of banging their head on a wall because Krosus was not only a gear check but an AP check for lesser skilled players instead of doing a mythic run they just did a second heroic run.