Thread: Akainus+ring

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Akainus+ring

I'm currently using the ring and wrist legendaries to make most of golden trait and the wrist buff, however I noticed a lot of people using this combination have switched to Hothand.

I am still using boulderfist with this due to askmrrobot simulator showing it 10k higher than hothand build which has confused me a little?

Also I have a nightblooming frond 895 with a mastery gem on it - also sims like 5k higher than my 890 convergence of faith.

Has anyone got an idea why this is the case with my simulations? I'd appreciate your help

Your current stats can heavily alter how good certain talents and legendaries are.

Deleted
    Any ideas why askmrrobot still showing BF better? Simulationcraft shows hothand as 14k higher

I also simmed different players, Askmrrobot simulator seems to show Boulderfist higher with said legendaries on ST as opposed to Hothand.

However Simulationcraft is showing hothand a lot higher.

I am confused

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Well, Askmrrobot isnt infalible? Maybe the robot sym hasnt been properly updated yet to account for some of the more recent changes?

As far as I can tell, EotTN + Akainus + Hot Hands + New golden trait + Hailstorm = Lava Lash just desintegrates things. Ive seen single LL hits for 4+ million dmg while raiding and while questing I pretty much one shot mobs if I have a hot hands proc going.

Its a very strong combo that sincs really well with our talents. Just double check the math if you like but I doubt you´ll find anything much better for single target.

Also, remember that with 4 peace set bonus you also get extra value from LL (by increasing the chances to proc storm bringer).

Chances are that robot just isnt up to date yet. I trust the ring+bracer combo to be one of, if not THE, best choice.

Thank you for your response, I have also realised the strong potential of lavalash with above combinations in raids, been testing it for a while and it looks pretty damn strong... and thats why i created this post

I tried simming many raiders who use the hothand combination and also myself, and ask mr robot keeps simmin boulderfist higher no matter what.

May be as you said they may not have updated it? or maybe actually boulderfist+hailstorm+akainu+ring is also a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Khagalat View Post
    Thank you for your response, I have also realised the strong potential of lavalash with above combinations in raids, been testing it for a while and it looks pretty damn strong... and thats why i created this post

I tried simming many raiders who use the hothand combination and also myself, and ask mr robot keeps simmin boulderfist higher no matter what.

May be as you said they may not have updated it? or maybe actually boulderfist+hailstorm+akainu+ring is also a thing?
    The sims are not perfect... they are very complicated and require people to update it, check and fix any bugs. Not just AMrR but Simcraft too. Each spec has people who will work on it, and I assume Simcraft is more accurate since its used by most of the theorycrafters. Best is to use the sim as a guide, then test it out in game. If you have two specs, or like two different gear/trinket combos, that are pretty close to each other in DPS then u will wanna test it in the game even something simple like a quick LFR run. You said u have been testing and seen the effectiveness tho which is good.

In this case, AMrR is prob just not up to date. Their programmers may just have not gotten around to working on ENH. The HH/HS/akainu build is becoming more popular and gets high rankings so its obviously pretty effective. It may even be better for aoe cause of more chances to trigger CL or that weak ass doom vortex. If you have both the ring/bracers and the golden trait then I would prob go HH/HS build.

For the trinket, would see what simcraft suggests first. I find it hard to believe that an 890 CoF would be replaced, what is ur other trinket? I feel like CoF for one slot, and other slot either a agil+haste proc trinket like BTI, an agil+random proc like memento or elem foci, or stat stick with mastery or haste is a great combo... tho Nightbloom frond is prob good too, esp with wind strike relics and lots of haste. With CoF, being able to use wolves every min is pretty useful, esp if u can time it for aoe stuff and using CL twice to trigger doom wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    I find it hard to believe that an 890 CoF would be replaced,

?? COF is an excellent base trinket but the scaling is very poor. It's similar to an arcanocrystal except it starts off fairly good for Enhance.

The core issue with COF is that wolves isn't any sort of major DPS cooldown. It just does its thing.

I just replaced my 890COF+socket with an 890 Chaos Talisman because the raw stat dump sims higher for ST. My other trinket is a 905 Mastery stick and it sims higher than the 890COF+sock. At the 910 iL or so COF will just fade down the ranks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    ?? COF is an excellent base trinket but the scaling is very poor. It's similar to an arcanocrystal except it starts off fairly good for Enhance.

The core issue with COF is that wolves isn't any sort of major DPS cooldown. It just does its thing.

I just replaced my 890COF+socket with an 890 Chaos Talisman because the raw stat dump sims higher for ST. My other trinket is a 905 Mastery stick and it sims higher than the 890COF+sock. At the 910 iL or so COF will just fade down the ranks.
    I have 890 cof and 895 frond with socket.
    Ask mrrobot seems to give a better sim for frond even though its not a very praised trinket for enha?

Deleted
    To be honest when doing my sims, Simcraft gave me higher dps using akainus and prydaz with hothand/frostbrand build than using bolderfist.

And that's without the ring which seems rather odd.

Hey,

when playing Akainus + ring, what has higher priority: hothands procc or stormstriker procc? For now I´m using hothands procc before I use stormstriker proccs... and its going pretty well ~ 95% mythic logs... but am I doing that right? will using stormstrike>hothand deal more dmg?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reco View Post
    Hey,

when playing Akainus + ring, what has higher priority: hothands procc or stormstriker procc? For now I´m using hothands procc before I use stormstriker proccs... and its going pretty well ~ 95% mythic logs... but am I doing that right? will using stormstrike>hothand deal more dmg?
    I am bit confused like which legendary combo to play with what talents

Basically Boulderfist goes better with Stormstrike proc focused T19 bonus which also favours ancestral swiftness and high haste.

But 7.2 seems to put more focus on lavalash damage so there's a bit of conflict.

A lot of resources say our best legendaries for single target are Akainu And Legendary Ring atm so - that means Hailstorm ftw - but does that mean we take boulderfist or hothand with t19 in mind? I can seem to focus on stormstrike procs a lot more with boulderfist.... and if i take hailstorm i can squeeze in some slightly stronger lavalashes inbetween.... but I feel hothand takes the focus away from t19 stormstrike dmg

As for your question I would always prioritize stormstrike procs due to 2 set crit bonus, and as you are getting your stormstrikes out your lashing flames will stack higher - spend your hothand before it expires - so use lavalash like a bit of a badluck protection thing rather than putting it before SS
    Last edited by mmocfb023b47a8; 2017-04-24 at 09:27 AM.

As for your question I would always prioritize stormstrike procs due to 2 set crit bonus, and as you are getting your stormstrikes out your lashing flames will stack higher - spend your hothand before it expires - so use lavalash like a bit of a badluck protection thing rather than putting it before SS

Thats what I thought too, but then also I often had HH proccs while HH was active... so I lost some HH proccs...

That was where I changed HH proccs priority over my SS proccs..

I got 6 points on my LL dmg trait increasing its dmg by 20%

Just did my first raid yesterday with this build and looks like I have to test further wich rotation will be best

I was hoping somebody already had that question and was testing it..

Obviously you use SB > HH > SS > LL as the ST spender priority.

One caveat is that if you've gone on an utterly retarded proc spree and have 60 stacks of Lashing Flames and your Hot Hands proc that came up half a minute ago is about to expire ... well you want to collect on the LF stacks with HH before it disappears.

Yeah, stormbringer is so anoying honestly. I think I read a blue post making note of this; you go from endless procs where you throw between 8 to 10 SS in a row and then come times when no matter how many LL you cast (with tier set bonus) the damned thing never procs and you just have wait for SS to cooldown on its own.

The new debuff just makes things even harder to gage because then you have consider whether or not a LL with a highish stack is better than a SS. If you are the sort of person that needs to know 100% of the time what the absolute max damage button to press every gcd... dont play enhancement XD.
    The playstyle doesnt change outside of using frost brand. You still fish for procs with lava lash, the stacks and akainu just compliment it when you get a string of SB procs plus hothand.

whether or not a LL with a highish stack is better than a SS. If you are the sort of person that needs to know 100% of the time what the absolute max damage button to press every gcd... dont play enhancement XD.
    LL with a "highish" stack of LF is never better than an SS. LF is a bonus damage multiplier and you can consume it whenever you want. There is no such thing as a "breakpoint" where you "should" consume the LF stacks on the LL/HH over SS/SB. In other words, whether you consume it early or late does not affect the value you get from LF in general. The only things that will affect the value you gain from LF are:

1. Did you remember to have FT+FB up before using your Akainu's-backed LL (e.g. don't be a boosted monkey).

2. Try to consume the LF on an HH proc, not LL. I mean, obviously. If you really want to get picky about this, then adjust your UI to make HH "more loud" or have an additional indicator when the HH buff is about to expire so you know to pop it. Note: if you end up in a situation where you're at 85 stacks of LF and your HH just won't proc ... it's probably a good idea to just hold on and roll the dice on a few weaker abilities if your SS is down (e.g. aggressively refresh your FT, FB, throw down a CL, and pool some Maelstrom with Rockbiter, use up that Sunder) until HH pops up. Personally, when my LF stacks right high (70+), I am almost always looking to tank my rotation so I can get my biggest dick Hot Hands 6m+ crit on the parse.

3. If the target is about to die, better consume the stacks.

4. If your Potion of Prolonged Power is about to expire, better consume the stacks.

5. Try to avoid overcapping 99 stacks of course.

In general usage, the priority order of SB > HH > SS > LL is completely accurate, with the caveats above.

Deleted
    Thats kinda what I do now but thats the point, there are so many "ifs" in our priority qeue that you just have to roll with it.

What I mean is that theres people who dont like the "uncertainty" of it all. I know I've read plenty of complains and post on the forums from people who demand to be able to cast the absolute highest dps spell every gcd without exception. Im well aware that such scenario more or less doesnt happen at all with any of the classes but some are a bit more... reliable I guess.

Now, having said that, I don't mind it one bit. Hell, I look back at our GCD capped days with fondness (oh fire nova how I miss you in all your many crazy incarnations).

In the end I think the only big "issue" the spec has mechanically speaking is how extreme stormbringer can be by either proc'ing constantly or not at all for long stretches of time.

Which fights are better off taking Boulderfist with Helm and Ring by the way ? instead of akainu ring

Deleted
    Which fights are better off taking Boulderfist with Helm and Ring by the way ? instead of akainu ring
    None. Either take Bracers+HH+HS or dont use Bracers, but take BF.

E.g. Akainu+Ring+HH+HS or Helmet+Ring+BF+AS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    None. Either take Bracers+HH+HS or dont use Bracers, but take BF.

E.g. Akainu+Ring+HH+HS or Helmet+Ring+BF+AS.

Yes I am aware of the builds you mentioned in your E.G bit
    the question is which fights are better with the Helmet+Ring+BF+AS build instead of akainu.

scorpion wouldnt be a bad bet if your killing adds, the extra cleave dmg from boulderfist would add up and with the scorps dying so quickly you wont really get many big lava lash hits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    scorpion wouldnt be a bad bet if your killing adds, the extra cleave dmg from boulderfist would add up and with the scorps dying so quickly you wont really get many big lava lash hits
    Scorpiron is really a chest + ring sort of fight i think unless you wanna make most of the heroism single target window.

However what I am wondering is

Fights where we take single target legendaries

Which fights are better with Helm+Ring+BF+Tempest+AS instead of akainu

wat?
    single target and better with helm not bracers? wat?

As enh you shouldnt care about anything that isnt single target.
    At this patch build u want to run bracers+ring in i think every scenario.
    There might be "maybe" fights. Like last phase mythic botanist to burn boss down, while im still not sure if it will be better than bracers.