- - - Updated - - -

What do we do now
    is it actually ded?
    use magnet links? use animebytes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    is it actually ded?
    use magnet links? use animebytes?
    Both Commie and HS except it to be dead most likely for good. HS is saying for now to use their magnet links.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dead jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's dead jim.

So how much does Cruchyroll cost?

;__;

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

$0 because you can still use magnet links and the video quality on crunchyroll was fucked. (I think maybe they fixed it?)

I dont watch much anime but it was always nice to have it there if i needed it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    alright everyone just calm down and watch anime.....oh
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    alright everyone just calm down and watch anime.....oh

You asshole

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So how much does Cruchyroll cost?

;__;
    6.95 I believe for the premium membership

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    RIP NYAA FOREVER

what the fucking fucking fuck

- - - Updated - - -

What do we do now
    Woke up to these news, both HS and Commie is saying it's gone for good, but fansubbers are known trolls so i take their words with a truck of salt.

However it does point towards being dead for good, EU policy changes spooked the owner, or he might have gotten into trouble already, alot of conflicting shitposting and information out there atm.

What a fucking depressing start on the week, i will be fine when it comes to ongoing anime and recent stuff, if worst comes to worst i will just start using HS as they are independent after last time Nyaa went down.
    But when it comes to older content, obscure content and sukubei? Big loss, there simply is no alternative or good alternative to these.
    On everything from music to VN's, if nyaa is gone for good, it's going to be virtually impossible to find alot of the old and obscure stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    No not really, it'll just take some time until someone else setups a tracker that has most things. And you can always go to the respective fansubbers and get things directly from their websites.

As an alternative you can also just download a copy of Nyaa (no it isn't as big as you might imagine, most likely under 100MB) and keep it in your drive forever with all the old torrents, you won't be able to see which has more seeders unless you try them but then that's another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Woke up to these news, both HS and Commie is saying it's gone for good, but fansubbers are known trolls so i take their words with a truck of salt.

However it does point towards being dead for good, EU policy changes spooked the owner, or he might have gotten into trouble already, alot of conflicting shitposting and information out there atm.

What a fucking depressing start on the week, i will be fine when it comes to ongoing anime and recent stuff, if worst comes to worst i will just start using HS as they are independent after last time Nyaa went down.
    But when it comes to older content, obscure content and sukubei? Big loss, there simply is no alternative or good alternative to these.
    On everything from music to VN's, if nyaa is gone for good, it's going to be virtually impossible to find alot of the old and obscure stuff.
    Daiz also said it's very unlikely Nyaa will be back. Apparently Nyaa's admin hasn't been on IRC since last night and hasn't even told the moderators anything. There's a small chance that Nyaa will be back with a new domain but there's no info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Daiz also said it's very unlikely Nyaa will be back. Apparently Nyaa's admin hasn't been on IRC since last night and hasn't even told the moderators anything. There's a small chance that Nyaa will be back with a new domain but there's no info about it.
    Yeah so there's alot of it just in their until we get an actual statement from the admin.

Fucking Daiz man, he convinced the community that it would be smart to put all the eggs in one basket, and this is the result.
    There are alternatives sure, but they just aren't as good as nyaa, or they are private and not accepting requests atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    No not really, it'll just take some time until someone else setups a tracker that has most things. And you can always go to the respective fansubbers and get things directly from their websites.

As an alternative you can also just download a copy of Nyaa (no it isn't as big as you might imagine, most likely under 100MB) and keep it in your drive forever with all the old torrents, you won't be able to see which has more seeders unless you try them but then that's another problem.
    One problem is essentially every fansub group feeds off of their own ego on the amount of people who watch their fansubs. If groups start to feel it's not worth it, because most people won't bother going to respective fansub groups to download fansubs, they'll just end up disbanding. Not saying every group would do it, but a lot would, and I've seen many groups disband over that particular thing even with nyaa up. A new tracker would help a lot, but the problem falls to who will host it, where will they host it, and will it have every fansub group back on it or not.

Man, the creep factor of the Stand abilities in Diamond is dialed up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    $0 because you can still use magnet links and the video quality on crunchyroll was fucked. (I think maybe they fixed it?)
    I never really had that big of an issue with the video quality on CR honestly.
    Funimation had an odd habit of lowering the resolution too much for some reason, but CR never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I never really had that big of an issue with the video quality on CR honestly.
    Funimation had an odd habit of lowering the resolution too much for some reason, but CR never had an issue.
    It's the selection I have a potential issue with.