Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Glad to see that you decided to use your time more productively by creating another mindless, useless post on this forum instead of doing those innovative quests.

Let's just say everyone expected more.
    I'm still hoping they have something up their sleeve.
    Maybe they will drop more story driven world content in 7.2.5, and they planned this patch as a catch-up patch.

This is the first time in a while when I have time to play some alts and get them up to par to start some Normal mode ToS when it is released.

Sidenote: I get that we are fighting the Legion and everything they touch is dark green and desolate, but...
    Timeless Isle worked I'd say because it was a colorful place with a wide variety of creatures.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figured that the campaign would be much akin to insurrection. We are what, 6 weeks in, and maybe 2 of the weeks have had a decent quest line? Insurrection had bigger story chunks some weeks and smaller ones other weeks, but they all told a story and advanced it. I actually looked forward to doing it every week because stuff actually happened.

I recognize of an 11 or 12 week process that not every week is going to be amazing, but the last several have been absolutely terrible to the point that it's a joke now each week we log on. Hand in 2500 shards to get 2499 back? Yeah that's a funny reference, but not so great when it's literally the weekly unlock for the zone. It would have been great paired with, well, you know, several quests to actually do stuff. The previous weeks farm the Sentinax was pretty bad too, and honestly should have been relegated to a week 1 introduction quest to show you how the Sentinax works.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the content in 7.2 is actually pretty good. Invasions, albeit random are great leveling tools and add another aspect to the game. The new dungeon is good, and the Broken Shore itself actually isn't that bad. Building construction is cool and if you know what you're doing on the island, it's pretty rewarding all around. The only problem with Broken Shore in my opinion is it's suppose to be the staging ground for the assault on ToS, and to advance that element we get the legionfall campaign, which really isn't that great. The first week was great, as was the week that we unlocked a new follower, but every other week after that has been..well..weak.

I'm sure of the remaining chapters that some of them are actually good, but it certainly hasn't been anywhere near the quality of the Suramar campaign. Thing is, it didn't have to be better or even near it.. it's just leaps and bounds worse.

I'm usually not on the side of the complainers, but this ongoing chain of "quests" is just becoming sad and pathetic.

I'm in the camp of people who expected a campaign like Insurrection. At least then it would have been more sense to have it span over weeks and the content be gated. The current model of doing what we already have been doing (collect nethershards, farm Sentinax and now WQs) removes the illusion of progress and the grind stands out more clearly for what it is.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2017-05-02 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i'm not complaining.
    Gives me a chance to show some love to my alts.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Well i'm not complaining.
    Gives me a chance to show some love to my alts.
    You call doing 10 WQ on 10 different characters love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    You call doing 10 WQ on 10 different characters love?
    Nope

im levelling up alts and proffs etc

only doing legion questline on main atm
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what is meaningful isn't something you or anyone else can define.
    what appeals to one player, another might find boring.
    Plus in order to make content you find meaningful, that it seems requires a lot more effort which could arguably be spent on something else.

The rather stupid meme of it "costing us a raid tier" does in some ways have a point.
    Resources spent doing one thing are at the expense of something else.
    Overobvious straw grasping in an attempt to justify laziness and greed is overobvious.

Deleted
    Haha. Remember one month ago when I told 7.2 is bad. People told me to wait till the campaign really gets underway. Hahahaha.

Also spoilers for what comes in two weeks: kill 5 rares.

If you don't like it just continue doing the tons of content in broken shore.
    Like, finding treasures, exploring, wandering, doing the original complex WQ's, killing UNIQUE rare spawns or maybe just grinding that awesome new dungeon.
    This is after all the biggest patch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    If you don't like it just continue doing the tons of content in broken shore.
    Like, finding treasures, exploring, wandering, doing the original complex WQ's, killing UNIQUE rare spawns or maybe just grinding that awesome new dungeon.
    This is after all the biggest patch ever.
    i just remembered that i have +16 key for that awesome new dungeon, i am sure it will be a fun experience!!!1111
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    piles and piles of salt! With a dash of sarcasm.

Even so, if Blizzard created some awesomely epic storyline addition, people would still whine about having to do it, or it isn't enough or too much...
    Ehm... What storyline is that?
    I remember some green and a lifeless rock where you do the same boring world quests we've been doing all expantion long.

Such epic storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    i just remembered that i have +16 key for that awesome new dungeon, i am sure it will be a fun experience!!!1111
    Only if you do it with pugs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I'm still hoping they have something up their sleeve.
    Maybe they will drop more story driven world content in 7.2.5, and they planned this patch as a catch-up patch.

This is the first time in a while when I have time to play some alts and get them up to par to start some Normal mode ToS when it is released.

Sidenote: I get that we are fighting the Legion and everything they touch is dark green and desolate, but...
    Timeless Isle worked I'd say because it was a colorful place with a wide variety of creatures.
    TI also worked fine because "mandatory" things could be finished fast if you put some extra time into it (=catch up gear for alts), and everything else was just past-time for achievement hunters and collectors and not mandatory at all. There was no story, but also not much of gating besides the daily reputation quest and weekly lockout of world bosses. It was a fine place to spend some time to relax, to hang around, but it also had some challenges, like trying to kill group rares on your own (depending on gear, surely).

While gating the first part of the Suramar campaign (=Suramaritan) made some sense - so we could collect gear in the process, which is at least relevant in the first weeks of the expansion, gating in the 2nd part of the Suramar campaign was a bit off-putting for me. On the one hand, we have a sense of danger and urgency in the quests, but as soon as you have finished your weekly chunk, they drop the ball. See ya next week! But at least the chapters in that case have been chapters, in the sense of having multiple quests with some kind of climax / conclusion at the end. Now, the chapters are 1 quest - what is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Nope

im levelling up alts and proffs etc

only doing legion questline on main atm
    Unfortunately, as a mount collector I plan to get all Class Mounts - thus, I have to grind this "storyline" over and over. Thankfully, we had a long weekend here in Germany, so I managed to farm 100 quest items on all 9 level 110 characters which I currently have...

lulz, 10/10 good sir, tips m'fidora

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even less WQ then the WQ weekly event :P

Guise, 7.2 had so much content even the epic campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    Only if you do it with pugs
    Oh i am definitely planning!
    It's skittish week, so i'll gather as much melee as possible, so mobs don't run too far away and make a mess!
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Considering the WoW devs assume their playbase is too stupid to comprehend two spell tooltips at once, they may test our intelligence even further by adding a simple "Do your everyday stuff" quest as opposed to an interactive one filled with lore and complex character developments.

/s