Patch 7.2.5 - Deadmines Pet Battle Dungeon, Blue Tweets, HeroStorm 2.0

PTR Patch 2.6.0 45183

Top Decks of the Week for April 30

Patch 7.2.5 - Deadmines Pet Battle Dungeon
    Patch 7.2.5 adds another pet battle dungeon, Deadmines! You will need to complete the Wailing Caverns pet battle dungeon first.

• The Scenario takes place inside the Deadmines.
    • Players will need to complete nine pet battles, including a final boss.
    • All enemies are Level 25 Elite or Boss pets, with increasing difficulty.
    • There are two different scenarios: a one-time scenario and a weekly scenario.

Requirements
    One-Time Scenario
    • Complete the previous pet battle dungeon, Wailing Caverns.
    • Level 110 and one Level 25 pet, but it's recommended you have at least three max level pets.
    • Pets can be healed and revived between battles.

Weekly Challenge Scenario
    • Requires Level 110 and at least fifteen Level 25 pets.
    • Pets cannot be healed or revived between battles.

Rewards
    One-Time Scenario:

Weekly Scenario:

Old Bottle Cap’s can be used to buy:

Prepare for the Dungeon
    • Once inside the scenario, you cannot leave or you’ll have to start over.
    • The scenario is somewhat time-consuming, so be prepared to spend at least a half hour inside.
    • You will be going against various pet types in this dungeon, so bring a variety of pets to counter them. For bosses, you will want to have Undead, Elemental, Mechanical and Dragon pets.
    • Bring at least two Dragon pets for the final boss, Cookie’s Leftovers, due to his Magic type and Stun ability.

Getting to the Dungeon
    • Visit Breanni’s Magical Menagerie in Dalaran (Broken Isles) and speak with Breanni.
    • Pick up Deadmines, Part Three? and head to Moonbrook in Westfall to find Marcus “Bagman” Brown.
    • Alliance players can take the Stormwind portal from Dalaran and fly over.
    • Horde players can take the Karazhan portal from Dalaran and fly over.
    • Once you’ve arrived in Moonbrook, talk to Marcus “Bagman” Brown behind the stables next to the meeting stone and accept The Deadmines Strike Back.
    • Speak with him again to be teleported into the scenario. You will not be able to start the scenario by zoning in to the Deadmines.

Dungeon Stages
    • Each non-Boss battle will require you to defeat three pets.
    • The Primary pet will always be accompanied by two Common-quality pets randomly selected from these three pets:

• Stage 1 - Defeat Junk Reaper 500 (Mechanical, Epic, Boss)

• Stage 2 - Defeat Unfortunate Defias (Undead, Uncommon, Elite), Angry Geode (Elemental, Uncommon, Elite) and their teams.

• Stage 3 - Defeat Mining Monkey (Beast, Rare, Elite) and his team.
      • Mechanical pets like Darkmoon Tonk will make quick work of this guy.
      • He has an ability that boosts his damage that he follows with a two-turn setup attack, but he should go down by the time he finishes the combo.

• Stage 4- Defeat “Captain” Klutz (Humanoid, Epic, Boss)
      • As one of the harder bosses in the dungeon, he has an ability that heals him for a good amount while boosting his damage for two turns.
      • Additionally, he heals every time he does damage since he is a Humanoid.
      • Using a zerg strat (like two mechanical pets with the Explode ability) to start and then ending with an Undead pet for the attack advantage is a good way to burst him down.

• Stage 5 - Defeat Klutz’s Battle Rat (Critter, Uncommon, Elite), Klutz’s Battle Monkey (Beast, Uncommon, Elite), Klutz’s Battle Bird (Flying, Uncommon, Elite) and their teams.

• Stage 6 - Talk to the Shadowy Figure on top of the ship.

• Stage 7 - Defeat Cookie’s Leftovers (Magic, Legendary, Boss)
      • He has an ability that stuns your pet for 2 turns. He starts out with the ability and uses it when it's off cooldown, so switch out when it happens.
      • His other two abilities are a Leech attack and a regular attack that seem to have a two-turn cooldown each since he uses both attacks then passes his turn and begins the rotation again with the stun.
      • Dragon pets like Emerald Proto-Whelp are good for this battle since they do more damage to Magic pets, which can help cancel out his healing.
      • Have two Dragon pets so you can switch between them when he stuns.

• Once you defeat Cookie’s Leftovers, return to Marcus “Bagman” Brown to turn in the quest and receive your reward.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    Please make it possible to Obliterate Combatant's gear.
    Relics and Combatant’s gear will become obliterable in Patch 7.2.5. (WarcraftDevs)

Mounts
    is stormcrow in-game and obtainable by players? i need more secret mounts.
    No (Muffinus)

Patch Notes
    Opinion Poll!We try to give dev notes on complex, non-obvious, or large impact changes. But for simple tuning, we usually don't. (1/3) (Celestalon)
    I commonly see "Can you explain your reasoning for nerfing X?", but never for similar buffs. Obviously, getting nerfed sucks, but... (2/3) (Celestalon)
    ...there's often nothing complex/interesting to it. Answer'd usually be "It was simply overpowered." Should we say that? Alternative? (3/3) (Celestalon)
    I think the problem is after something is OP you nerf it to the ground, making it almost unplayable.
    Do we? We try not to. It's easy to perceive as such, though, and I can empathize. It's *extremely* rare that we ever intentionally overnerf. (Celestalon)
    Clarify everything even if it seems obvious. The more transparent you are with your changes and reasons the better for everyone.
    (Assume that including dev notes at all has a time cost that could be spent elsewhere, working on other important changes) (Celestalon)
    Unless it costs me a Raid Tier I'm ok with this.
    What if it costs you changes to your spec, so that someone else's spec can get a "It was 5% high, so we nerfed it by 5%" post? Still? (Celestalon)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    For games that support the trinity (Tank, Healer, DPS), why does it always seem that DPS is always in low demand compared to Tanks or Healers? Is it because being DPS is something players naturally gravitate to, or because games still haven’t found a way for tanking and healing to be more fun?
    I think tanking or healing are plenty fun, and those are almost exclusively the roles I tend to play (especially in WoW, which is probably what I played the most).

I think DPS is kind of low risk, high reward, in that it’s pretty satisfying but if you screw up, it’s usually not super painful. Yes there are DPS checks, but it’s often hard to isolate one person as being the reason you didn’t clear that bar. Tanking and healing are more high risk, moderate reward. If you do your job right, then that kind of feels like table stakes, and if you do them wrong, everyone notices and might yell at you. As DPS, you can sometimes zone out or even AFK. Everyone knows if you AFK as a tank. You have to always be “on.”

Dealing damage also feels like the core way to play those games, because that’s you have to do when solo, and it even feels like the core way to play most games. Link has a sword. Samus has a ranged weapon. Mario jumps on dudes. I think we all just grow up as DPS as a default and then migrate into other roles.

I have often wondered what would happen to WoW if dungeons were 6-players (tank, healer, 4 DPS) and raids were similarly scaled up. Would the ratios just naturally work out better, or would the population slowly shift and there would still be too many DPS? (Source)

HeroStorm 2.0
    Another episode of HeroStorm has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-30 at 09:37 PM.

Horde players can take the Karazhan portal from Dalaran which is much faster then the Orgrimmar + zep route.

Breanni is supposed to have an option to teleport players to Wailing Caverns and Deadmines in 7.2.5 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Breanni is supposed to have an option to teleport players to Wailing Caverns and Deadmines in 7.2.5 as well.
    That only works after you've done it once. (and it's the little mana elemental beside her - Manapoof i think the name is, that teleports.)

My gripe is that you've to be max level to do it.

And having to jump down to the tauren at the end of wailing caverns. What's wrong with her appearing near you when done. And featherfall doesn't work in there either. I died doing that. jumped down. used featherfall, or rather it didn't. And then couldn't get back in to get body and had to spirit rez.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2017-04-30 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    She already can port you to Wailing Caverns once you've done it.

Deleted
    "Unless it costs me a Raid Tier I'm ok with this."

This is gold!

Celestalon is full of shit.

"What if it costs you changes to your spec, so that someone else's spec can get a "It was 5% high, so we nerfed it by 5%" post? Still? (Celestalon)"

If it legit costs someones else's change to their spec for you to write a small developer note you need to replace shitty developers then that have no idea how to write a sentence or two in less than 8 hours....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allport3333 View Post
    "What if it costs you changes to your spec, so that someone else's spec can get a "It was 5% high, so we nerfed it by 5%" post? Still? (Celestalon)"

If it legit costs someones else's change to their spec for you to write a small developer note you need to replace shitty developers then that have no idea how to write a sentence or two in less than 8 hours....
    Incorrect. What they mean is - writing a sentence or two takes a few minutes - so does doing a "It was 5% high, so we nerfed it by 5%" change. That's the thing - they're working with templates to make it extremely time efficient, which is the only reason we're seeing so many changes throughout the expansion as opposed to WoD, MoP and others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well good for the poke.... i mean pet battle croud. i realy hope blizz dont make it mandatory for players who dont like petbattles like they did in dreanor .

Warriors still can't leave their order hall without possibly getting dced and auto-ported to Azsuna, Blood DK, Warrior, and Veng DH are still bottom barrel tanks while Bear Druids continute to faceroll mythic parses (lol if you think Mark of Ursol will hurt them much), Broken Shore has been so nerfed and gated that it's a ghost town after tuesdays,

But let's put all these resources into Pokemon Battle dungeons, dance holidays, and transmog fashion shows that only a handful weebs and neckbeards are even interested in!

- Activision-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Minobu View Post
    Incorrect. What they mean is - writing a sentence or two takes a few minutes - so does doing a "It was 5% high, so we nerfed it by 5%" change. That's the thing - they're working with templates to make it extremely time efficient, which is the only reason we're seeing so many changes throughout the expansion as opposed to WoD, MoP and others.
    It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If that's really the case then they should just stay on the job off the clock 5 extra minutes and write a patch note.

Their excuse is basically holding transparency OR class balance changes hostage and it's stupid and doesn't make sense. Smaller game companies can do it so why can't blizzard? One of the biggest, if not the biggest games developer in the world? Why does it have to be one or the other?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    But let's put all these resources into Pokemon Battle dungeons, dance holidays, and transmog fashion shows that only a handful weebs and neckbeards are even interested in!
    Because it's obviously the same team in charge of both, right?

Last I recall, pet battles and transmog were both spearheaded by the UI team.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If that's really the case then they should just stay on the job off the clock 5 extra minutes and write a patch note.

Their excuse is basically holding transparency OR class balance changes hostage and it's stupid and doesn't make sense. Smaller game companies can do it so why can't blizzard? One of the biggest, if not the biggest games developer in the world? Why does it have to be one or the other?
    First of all, this is an untenable suggestion. "Just stay at work, do more and don't get paid for it. What's so hard about that? Why aren't you constantly at work as it is?" I think their point is everything has a trade off. Is writing "Ability was too powerful in testing, scaled back 5%" going to take resources away from something else by itself? No. But having to write 80, 100, 20000 additional lines over time will eventually cost something. Maybe even a raid tier. Do I want transparency? Yeah, but I don't need them to explain why they do tuning passes. And this is from someone playing an Enhancement Shaman this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    First of all, this is an untenable suggestion. "Just stay at work, do more and don't get paid for it. What's so hard about that? Why aren't you constantly at work as it is?" I think their point is everything has a trade off. Is writing "Ability was too powerful in testing, scaled back 5%" going to take resources away from something else by itself? No. But having to write 80, 100, 20000 additional lines over time will eventually cost something. Maybe even a raid tier. Do I want transparency? Yeah, but I don't need them to explain why they do tuning passes. And this is from someone playing an Enhancement Shaman this expansion.
    I don't buy. Somewhere they have an internal list of things that have been changed, are going to be changed, and are being considered for changes.

It should not be hard for them to just copy and paste a line over to a public forum once a change has been finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    This is an absolutely bull shit excuse. If writing a small sentence about why they nerfed something takes them too much time then Blizzard needs a better and more efficient development team. Because it screams laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Because it's obviously the same team in charge of both, right?

Last I recall, pet battles and transmog were both spearheaded by the UI team.
    You mean the same UI team that took a decade to add "Open All" to the mailbox? I guess now we know why

Resources aren't infinite. Activision-Blizzard should sit down and reconsider how and where resources and labor are being allocated. Maybe then they wouldn't be bleeding subs so badly that they have to try and hide sub counts from investors.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-05-02 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    well good for the poke.... i mean pet battle croud. i realy hope blizz dont make it mandatory for players who dont like petbattles like they did in dreanor .
    What are you even talking about? Pet battles were never mandatory by any stretch in WoD. I like pet battles so I do them but I never once felt like I had to. I can't even think of anything you got out of it that wasn't pet battle related.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is an absolutely bull shit excuse. If writing a small sentence about why they nerfed something takes them too much time then Blizzard needs a better and more efficient development team. Because it screams laziness.
    As a developer I also call BS on this, even though I have sympathy for blizz. The fact of the matter is, they DO have the time to write good notes, for the simple fact that none of them are 100% efficient at using their time. In fact, no one is. If they ever get up to grab a snack, take a piss or throw a nerf ball at a coworker and laugh at them, then all of those little moments during the day will add up to a sizeable chunk of time over a week. I realize no one is a robot, but to always act like "we can't give you that because it will cost you this" is crap. I've watched that response from blizz for YEARS now and every time I just shake my head...like someone else said, a 5-minute note-writing break every once in a while will not cost us a raid tier.
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    Where were pet battles mandatory in Draenor? I didn't do a single one. Hell I didn't even unlock the Menagerie.