Can anyone explain how 2.0 determined your level?

I have about 75% of the heroes at 5 or above. I got a couple veteran boxes and the 30 day stimpack. I was max level pre 2.0 but hadn't played in the last year. I got level 20 in 2.0. My buddy who wasn't even max level pre 2.0 got level 50. How does that work? I thought player levels were determined by champion levels but I would be a lot higher than level 20 if they were.

It uses a sort of "prestige" system, where when you hit level 100 you go back to level 1 and the background color of your avatar changes. Hell if anyone knows what each color signifies, though, so it's actually kinda hard to tell.

In actuality you're probably more to the tune of 220.

all you hero levels - number of heroes unlocked = your level
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I know for sure Light Green/Lime Green = Prestige 1

Other than that i dont understand shit. I think it may have something to do with # of heroes and # of levels they have. I have a 20 Anub, and a bunch of 15s and got 98 Prestige 0 as a base.

Deleted
    Check your profile, you shouldn't be 20, you're probably 220 but multiples of 100 are dictated by a different portrait border unless you look at your stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I know for sure Light Green/Lime Green = Prestige 1

Other than that i dont understand shit. I think it may have something to do with # of heroes and # of levels they have. I have a 20 Anub, and a bunch of 15s and got 98 Prestige 0 as a base.
    I think it's blue for 0, light green for 1, dark green for 2, purple for 3, I've seen red and yellow beyond that but I don't know which is 4 and 5, 6+ is denoted in the same fashion but with an added diamond underneath.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are color coded, shown around your avatar.

Don't really know what color represents what, but my player level is 353. In the new system, it shows it as 53 with Purple (Purple being for the ones that have player level somewhere between 300-399) color around my Avatar.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-05-02 at 12:51 PM.

Ahh yeah didn't know there was a prestige system that explains it I just checked and sure enough i'm level 253 atm thanks everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Ahh yeah didn't know there was a prestige system that explains it I just checked and sure enough i'm level 253 atm thanks everyone.
    What color is that btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What color is that btw?
    I'd say teal.

I'm 456, my border color is kinda a dark bronzed reddish color.

Deleted
    0-100 is Blue
    100-200 is Green
    200 - 300 is Teal
    300 - 400 is Purple
    400 - 500 is Red
    500 - 600 is Gold

After that is repeats but with diamonds and stripes and such added to the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    0-100 is Blue
    100-200 is Green
    200 - 300 is Teal
    300 - 400 is Purple
    400 - 500 is Red
    500 - 600 is Gold

After that is repeats but with diamonds and stripes and such added to the border.
    Blue doesn't actually repeat, so it's green for 600-699 right away.

I really hope that the will re-do this prestige system. Or atleast show the total number instead of only the last 2 digits.