Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Thats one hell of a GTX 1080 ti from KFA2

The guys from overclockers.co.uk and KFA2 has made the fastes 1080 ti card and the design is just beautiful, but damn the price is heavy

The card can be pre-ordered now from here kfa2 8 pack smash the competition with 8 pack gtx 1080ti edition

If only i had the money for one
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

That's one hell of a price premium for an OC that can be done on a much cheaper variation.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    That's one hell of a price premium for an OC that can be done on a much cheaper variation.
    The price is for the components used and for the testing on the cards. These cards are aim at the top elite of Benchers

For me personally i would just go for the KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC White. I love the design and it would go really well with my case theme and the price is only £698.99 inc VAT
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Could they make it any more ugly?

Their whole lineup looks like shit imo, I guess they try to distinguish themselves, but IMO not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The price is for the components used and for the testing on the cards. These cards are aim at the top elite of Benchers

For me personally i would just go for the KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC White. I love the design and it would go really well with my case theme and the price is only £698.99 inc VAT
    the 1080ti is locked to 2050-2075 MHz which can be archieved with every third party design card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    the 1080ti is locked to 2050-2075 MHz which can be archieved with every third party design card.
    No it's not. KINGPIN has hit 3024 MHz on LN2 and that is what the top KFA2 card is aim for. Braking OC Bench records

nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti 3 ghz gpu world record/

No it's not. KINGPIN has hit 3024 MHz on LN2 and that is what the top KFA2 card is aim for. Braking OC Bench records

nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti 3 ghz gpu world record/
    With custom bios from the manufacturer that we plebs won't get.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the design is just beautiful
    I beg to differ.
    While I find the white PCB good looking, the cooler is monstrously ugly.

15+ Year Old Account
    With custom bios from the manufacturer that we plebs won't get.
    Google is your friend
    Here you can get the BIOS for unlocking the gtx 1080 card
    GTX 1080 BIOS unlock

Andhere is how to by-pass the locked gtx 1080 ti voltage, so you can get higher MHz then 2075 MHz

GTX 1080 ti voltage by-pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Google is your friend
    Here you can get the BIOS for unlocking the gtx 1080 card
    GTX 1080 BIOS unlock

Andhere is how to by-pass the locked gtx 1080 ti voltage, so you can get higher MHz then 2075 MHz

GTX 1080 ti voltage by-pass
    What you linked is 1080 non-Ti bios. Feel free to brick your 1k bucks card by applying it to 1080Ti.

I have no doubt that eventually unlocked bios for Ti will be available too, but I, personally, see no need whatsoever to go ahead and do this shit.

For the record I got Asus ROG 1080Ti OC and I am content with its stock OC, I certainly not going to be fucking around with it voiding my warranty and what not for the sake of extra couple %.

In the end it does not matter even - that card is literally impractical for all but most hardcore overclockers and even then - it remains to be seen whether that shit actually helps or it's just the usual hype that comes with every generation where you have cards with excessive power delivery that is absolutely unnecessary and only serves to bait people into paying hefty premium over essentially nothing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-02 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What you linked is 1080 non-Ti bios. Feel free to brick your 1k bucks card by applying it to 1080Ti.

I have no doubt that eventually unlocked bios for Ti will be available too, but I, personally, see no need whatsoever to go ahead and do this shit.

For the record I got Asus ROG 1080Ti OC and I am content with its stock OC, I certainly not going to be fucking around with it voiding my warranty and what not for the sake of extra couple %.

In the end it does not matter even - that card is literally impractical for all but most hardcore overclockers and even then - it remains to be seen whether that shit actually helps or it's just the usual hype that comes with every generation where you have cards with excessive power delivery that is absolutely unnecessary and only serves to bait people into paying hefty premium over essentially nothing.
    Oh yes?????? I even wrote gtx 1080??????

The other link is for the gtx 1080 ti, so you can get over the 2075 MHz mark

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes?????? I even wrote gtx 1080??????

The other link is for the gtx 1080 ti, so you can get over the 2075 MHz mark
    No you can't read your own link, there is no "over" 2075 mark in that review, all they did is 2038MHz that's all.

Honestly I'm not even sure why you are pushing this BS... it's as if you are about to buy that card and need some sort of validation or something?

Dude, it's your money, you don't need approval or something. That said - no need to spread BS either too.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-02 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Throwing a lot of money on something that will be pure shit in several months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosottel View Post
    Throwing a lot of money on something that will be pure shit in several months
    It's how technology works, roll 20 years back and you had some ultra-premium dual Voodoo 1 cards rocking these prices and they were the pinnacle of technology at a time that left people with mouths wide open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I somehow doubt the 1080Ti will be 'pure shit' for several years. It will eventually be thrown from the top as all cards are, but it won't be shit for a long time.
    And yeah, I expect 1080Ti to stay a very good pick for at least next year or two - it is not gonna be the fastest, but it will be high end still.

Anyone who buys it now is set for 2-3 years at max settings in 2K no problem (which imo is the ideal resolution for this card).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention I even achieved that on my reference card. hehehe
    @pansertjald there's not much special here. The clocks aren't remotely impressive and the cooler design is the one GALAX uses on its HOF cards.

And yes, the clocks on the 1080 Ti ARE locked to 2050-2075, K|NGP|N had a custom BIOS just for him from EVGA with a custom board to push the core to 3024. But believe you me, you won't be getting 3GHz or anywhere near that on just air.

@Gaidax, to be fair, going from a 1700~MHz overclock to a 2GHz overclock is more than a couple % points, believe you me... I got a significant boost out of that. Just do the math. If let's say you go from 1700 to 2000, that's a 17~18% increase, nearly 20 fucking percent. That's quite a big deal. Not to mention the amounts you can push the memory higher! O_O I pushed mine by over 500MHz! Got mine at 6GHz.

- - - Updated - - -

It's how technology works, roll 20 years back and you had some ultra-premium dual Voodoo 1 cards rocking these prices and they were the pinnacle of technology at a time that left people with mouths wide open.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, I expect 1080Ti to stay a very good pick for at least next year or two - it is not gonna be the fastest, but it will be high end still.

Anyone who buys it now is set for 2-3 years at max settings in 2K no problem (which imo is the ideal resolution for this card).
    Next year or two? You may find you're eating your words in late 2017.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-12nm-finfet/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    @pansertjald there's not much special here. The clocks aren't remotely impressive and the cooler design is the one GALAX uses on its HOF cards.

And yes, the clocks on the 1080 Ti ARE locked to 2050-2075, K|NGP|N had a custom BIOS just for him from EVGA with a custom board to push the core to 3024. But believe you me, you won't be getting 3GHz or anywhere near that on just air.

@Gaidax, to be fair, going from a 1700~MHz overclock to a 2GHz overclock is more than a couple % points, believe you me... I got a significant boost out of that. Just do the math. If let's say you go from 1700 to 2000, that's a 17~18% increase, nearly 20 fucking percent. That's quite a big deal. Not to mention the amounts you can push the memory higher! O_O I pushed mine by over 500MHz! Got mine at 6GHz.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sitting at 2GHz GPU clock by simply pressing OC button in Asus OC tool and it's within warranty and same shit is true for any 1080Ti vendor with non-Founders or non-pleb editions.

As for eating my words? Don't see how that will affect anything, really? 1080Ti is easily going to be a great card next 2 years, it does not matter what Volta or Vega or whatever else do - if you sit at 100 FPS max settings in AAA titles now, it's not like Volta release suddenly drop you to 40FPS.

All that will happen is that this 100 FPS will gradually drop to 60 FPS as time goes by, which for me makes no difference whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I am not even thinking about freaking out about Volta, I just keep doing shit I do for many years now - buy best card I can reasonably get, use it for ~3 years and enjoy ultra settings with great FPS and then see at 3rd year it starting to show its age, then I replace it and so on.

So far? Worked every time, not seeing how Volta/Vega or shit like that will change this cycle.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-02 at 06:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No you can't read your own link, there is no "over" 2075 mark in that review, all they did is 2038MHz that's all.

Honestly I'm not even sure why you are pushing this BS... it's as if you are about to buy that card and need some sort of validation or something?

Dude, it's your money, you don't need approval or something. That said - no need to spread BS either too.
    Yes that was on air. Put water on it and you will go over the 2075 MHz mark. I would NEVER EVER use that kind of money on a single computer component.

I just think is a cool card, wich is aimed at the top elite in OC'ing and benching

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the standart clocks are not that good. But the card is made for high OC'ing and being able to handle LN2. This card is made for people like K|NGP|N.

I would love to have a card like that and to be able to play with LN2 and do some cool Bencing, but i will never use that kind of money on stuff like that. Im to cheap

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that was on air. Put water on it and you will go over the 2075 MHz mark. I would NEVER EVER use that kind of money on a single computer component.

I just think is a cool card, wich is aimed at the top elite in OC'ing and benching
    It will go nowhere, simply because of the bios limit... you can put whatever you want on it, as long as bios is unmodded - 2.1GHz is the limit no matter how many power phases and shit you stick there.

It's all pointless talk really, the only way to breach that limit is to flash custom bios and only then we can even see if all this talk by KFA2 is worth anything, so far? I see it only as a PR bait.

It's really simple - let's see it set actual world overclocking record, then we'll talk about how good it is really. So far? It's all paper blah blah.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-02 at 07:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes the standart clocks are not that good. But the card is made for high OC'ing and being able to handle LN2. This card is made for people like K|NGP|N.

I would love to have a card like that and to be able to play with LN2 and do some cool Bencing, but i will never use that kind of money on stuff like that. Im to cheap
    > "Too cheap."
    > Buys an overpriced AIO liquid heatsink for CPU and only OC's CPU to a very reasonable 4.4GHz.
    > Could have bought a Hyper 212 Evo and saved $80 and been doing just as fine.
    >... ???
    @Gaidax just be careful with wording next time. :P "Very good pick" can be misconstrued as "a very good buy" like we should be telling someone to buy a 1080 Ti a year from now, literally everything points to that not being true. :P Now yes, will you more than likely be well with a 1080 Ti a year from now? I have no doubt, unless something ridiculous happens - but even then, if you stay on a 4k or less monitor, you're probably going to be okay, for most titles, at least.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    > "Too cheap."
    > Buys an overpriced AIO liquid heatsink for CPU and only OC's CPU to a very reasonable 4.4GHz.
    > Could have bought a Hyper 212 Evo and saved $80 and been doing just as fine.
    >... ???
    @Gaidax just be careful with wording next time. :P "Very good pick" can be misconstrued as "a very good buy" like we should be telling someone to buy a 1080 Ti a year from now, literally everything points to that not being true. :P Now yes, will you more than likely be well with a 1080 Ti a year from now? I have no doubt, unless something ridiculous happens - but even then, if you stay on a 4k or less monitor, you're probably going to be okay, for most titles, at least.
    I have an 212 EVO but it's to ugly, so i took it out. I really don't think the h100i v2 is over priced for what it can do and i got it for 100 euros on sall and it just looks so much better in a build.

I wil go higher on the CPU when i get the time to play with it, aiming for 4,7-4,8. But right now work is taking all my time. Working for Weber Nordic and we are right in the high season right now (Getting ALOT of containers with the new Genisis II Gas Grill)