Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So the updated Darksiders is Warmastered the updated Darksiders 2 is Deathinitive so what will be the name of the updated version of this one?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So the updated Darksiders is Warmastered the updated Darksiders 2 is Deathinitive so what will be the name of the updated version of this one?
    Furry edition every one will be in a fur suit.

looks pretty sick and Fury is pretty badass.

and lol, it doesn't matter which gender is your protagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

Furynitive

Hey I'm excited! Loved Darksiders 2 (skipped the first one for some reason).

^ Furious Edition? :P

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Q: Mr Owl? How many replies after a game's release announcement does it take to get to the center of a gender argument?
    A: Lets see! One. Two. Three! The answer is three.

Don't know why games can't just stand or fall on their own merit. Trailer looks ok.
    There's no real argument just one moron who doesn't know that it's been like that since the first game and thinks gender matters when one of them is a lich.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Hey I'm excited! Loved Darksiders 2 (skipped the first one for some reason).

^ Furious Edition? :P
    The Warmastered edition of it is only 3.99 on steam it's really good but it's a different type of game than Darksiders 2 it's more like Zelda.

God damn it. I want my War back. The other three I don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar View Post
    If people payed just a bit of attention to the story in Darksiders 1, they'd have known that one of the horsemen (or horseriders if you prefer) is female.
    They'd also know that only two of the traditional four (War and Death) were part of the Darksiders mythos, Famine and Pestilence being replace by Fury and Strife respectively.

In Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, War is female and the politically correct term they use is "Apocalyptic Horsepersons."

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the English language dictates masculine form for plural words.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    English language doesn't dictate masculine or feminine form, it's just a habit to use "man" as a short version of "person," either as a hangover from more sexist times when most people worth talking about were assumed to be men, or because it's short for "human."

The Warmastered edition of it is only 3.99 on steam it's really good but it's a different type of game than Darksiders 2 it's more like Zelda.
    Will have to check it out!

Deleted
    Jimquisition on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They'd also know that only two of the traditional four (War and Death) were part of the Darksiders mythos, Famine and Pestilence being replace by Fury and Strife respectively.

In Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, War is female and the politically correct term they use is "Apocalyptic Horsepersons."
    Yeah, Good Omens is parodying PC culture in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    It does.

Please dont tell me its another game happening at the same time as DS1...

Also what the hell is it with those HUGE eyes. Or is it just because of the contrast between them and the warpaint?
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2017-05-02 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    It does.
    Can you give examples because most words in English are genderless?

God damn it. I want my War back. The other three I don't care about.
    As much as I love War (and hearing Illidans voice coming out of him....)

I really like how each game is a different Horseman. Maybe there will be a 5th game (assuming 4th will be Strife) where you can use all 4 interchangeably (assuming this one does well enough to warrant them continuing the series after it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Will have to check it out!
    You really should. It is basically the best non Zelda franchise Zelda title around.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    As much as I love War (and hearing Illidans voice coming out of him....)

I really like how each game is a different Horseman. Maybe there will be a 5th game (assuming 4th will be Strife) where you can use all 4 interchangeably (assuming this one does well enough to warrant them continuing the series after it).

- - - Updated - - -

You really should. It is basically the best non Zelda franchise Zelda title around.
    lol I'm currently replaying Darksiders 1 and have the apocalypse armor with that armor he really looks like Arthas as a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Can you give examples because most words in English are genderless?
    Strunk and White, ELEMENTS OF STYLE, section V ‘Misused Expressions’:

THEY. A common inaccuracy is the use of the plural pronoun when the antecedent is a distributive expression such as each, each one, everybody, every one, many a man, which, though implying more than one person, requires the pronoun to be in the singular. Similar to this, but with even less justification, is the use of the plural pronoun with the antecedent anybody, any one, somebody, some one, the intention being either to avoid the awkward “he or she,” or to avoid committing oneself to either. Some bashful speakers even say, “A friend of mine told me that they, etc.”

Use he with all the above words, unless the antecedent is or must be feminine.

oh and this happens after the first one because they said that the Seven Seals are broken.

Strunk and White, ELEMENTS OF STYLE, section V ‘Misused Expressions’:
    Well it's nice to know that 100 years ago "they" wasn't accepted as a singular, gender-neutral pronoun. However the point made by Clone ("plural words use masculine form") seem to differ from the point you're making ("use masculine pronouns to avoid plurals.")