Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big if true

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Fake, fake fake

Too much content for an xpack. Bullcrap.

New class, new races, even more and more content. They could do it, but... I wouldn't be surprised if they stop with the old WoW, make it F2P with a bigger shop and start with something new again. You can call it WoW2 or maybe it's something different. There is so much content which doesn't matter anymore. Make something fresh with a long levelling experience at the beginning....

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Y... You're joking right? Illidan story isn't bad? Illidan story is an atrocity of the word 'story' and laughably spits in the face at redemption.

Illidan's redemption was a kneejerk response to an overwhelmed story-boarding think tank within Blizzard. You can't tell me that resurrecting Arthas won't be their next natural step in 'returning Warcraft to it's roots' and/or 'returning WoW to it's glory days.'

I won't even begin to go into how many people still herald WotLK as the best expansion, even with all it's painful flaws. Not to mention, I personally think that there are a lot more players that enjoy old continent revamps due to having a more updated and consistent time-lime and game-flow. Buuut, that's just opinion.

I think there are ideas to be had, since all pretense that this story isn't blatantly a live action comic book was dropped with the aforementioned redemption story.

Edit: Frankly it was dropped as far back as Pandaria and as soon after as WoD's timey whimey nonsense, but Blizzard trolling its own universe has been dated back to WC3 and earlier. *Shrug* It seems only natural for Blizzard to continue it's troll life cycle.
    from my point of view continent revamp only serve to further polarize peoples who like it and peoples who don't like it, nostalgia always play an huge role; taking cata lesson to the core it's better to expand the world with new territories.

Also i would love a world who keep up with the story but that would never happen in an mmo so for that reason alone is better to leave things as they are.

As for the story i'm totally in for another "undead" themed xpack, i'm totally in for a necro new class, i'm absolutely against recycling arthas and kel'thuzard to do so, i'm pretty sure they can come up with a someone more powerful than the LK, someone who could fight on par with void lord and naaru.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    To properly determine whether a leak is true or not, you need to analyze the thought-paths a fake leaker would follow while forging sufficiently detailed descriptions of future expansion.

A fake leak is nearly always a compilation of various community-driven ideas reappearing frequently on various forums, combined with leaker's personal vision of what he would want to see in next expansion. They proportions of those two may vary. Nevertheless, a single person's capability of inventing fantasy stuff from scratch is limited, fact that doesn't apply to Blizzard's entire team. A single person might have a few original ideas, but they never encompass all crucial elements of expansion, so they always need to fill the gaps with community's ideas.

The moment I saw WoD leak I wrote underneath that I give the post a very high probability of being legit, for the reasons above. The post included none of community's ideas. It talked about time travel. It talked about Grom Hellscream being the final boss. In the previous months, nobody on any forum proposed anything similar. The post was truly original. The name itself, Warlords of Draenor, was also something completely new, yet it fit the Blizzard naming pattern. These 3 small things together are harder to forge than 10-page description of expansion's new zones. Idea of expansion so bizzarre, yet so coherent, is something you won't find in fake leaks.

Now, let's analyze the leak we got here. Necromancer will soon enter Diablo. Ogre is proposed as Horde race since years. Scourge, Naga, and Old Gods are all already here. So far no expansion has been based on old enemies alone. The names of zones OP presented are nearly all already present in game. The other are word-plays from Naga, Old God, and Odyn languages.

The grave is Stormwind is exactly that - community myth, with most signs actually suggesting its not Arthas grave. Another pillar of creation is not only unoriginal, but also illogical in connection to current lore. Concept of Sargeras using pillar to "ressurect demons" (whatever that means) is just false in relation to Chronicle lore.

In other words, as fake as it gets.
    Timetravel has come up as an idea now and then. I remember ideas of going back to Lordaeron before the Scourge attacked it, way before WoD came out.

I mean maybe in your own head what you are writing makes sense, but if you really get into it, it doesn't. Yes, Ogre was proposed as a fan idea for years... because it makes sense. Ogres are just historically a part of the Horde, just like Goblins. Worgen was also a race that was requested. There was even a fan theory before the Cataclysm leak, that the Gilneans turned into Worgen behind that wall. So when the Cataclysm leak happened, the fact that it mentioned Worgen and Goblins as races made it likely to be a fake?

Demon Hunters were a fan idea for years. Legion gave us Demon Hunters. Why? Because fans wanted it for years. So what you are saying really makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This is freyas avatar.
    But whatever sherlock.
    And that's not something that could serve as a starting point for Vrykul Druids? I mean they explained Gilnean Druids, before they turn into Worgen, with harvest witches, and Troll Druids aren't traditional Druids like Night Elves and Tauren either, they more like worship the Loa or something.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-02 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds good.. If only it was true.. And if it is true.. Please make Ogres available as Rogues, i want to be a fat guy running around in stealth XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like BS and necromancers are too similar to DKs. More so than DHs and Warlocks were.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

nice fanfiction
    No, it was NOT a nice fanfiction, not even a fun fanfiction

He should've said Argus is the next expansion theme, at least it would've been more probable than the lich king 2.0 trip down lackofcreativity lane.

Also blizz already stated necromancer was going to be the wotlk new class but they felt it's too similar to warlocks so they made deathknights instead, there is literally no chance of them making a necro class since it already conflicts with 2 (maybe 3) class lore so far.

If blizz is going to be releasing a new class it'll be the Tinker class.

It's bigger than a release patch notes for a leak.

ps : lol@leak...
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2017-05-02 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Timetravel has come up as an idea now and then. I remember ideas of going back to Lordaeron before the Scourge attacked it, way before WoD came out.

I mean maybe in your own head what you are writing makes sense, but if you really get into it, it doesn't. Yes, Ogre was proposed as a fan idea for years... because it makes sense. Ogres are just historically a part of the Horde, just like Goblins. Worgen was also a race that was requested. There was even a fan theory before the Cataclysm leak, that the Gilneans turned into Worgen behind that wall. So when the Cataclysm leak happened, the fact that it mentioned Worgen and Goblins as races made it likely to be a fake?

Demon Hunters were a fan idea for years. Legion gave us Demon Hunters. Why? Because fans wanted it for years. So what you are saying really makes no sense.
    Well, actually, the fakeness of this "leak" would have been obvious... 10 years ago. But ever since WoD Blizzard has been bribing us with things that the community had long asked to be implemented. Legion itself is proof of this. The logic "It sounds like something the community would come up with, so it must be fake." is no longer usable, because Blizzard now (more than ever) takes inspiration from the community rather than doing something risky (like, say, TBC).

Now where did I put that picture of Fry holding a fistful of cash...

I'm not sure if you really don't understand, or just argue for the sake of it. Caverns of Time is one thing, entire expansion happening in alternate world is completely different story.

However, if you put it that way, YES, there was a fan theory somewhere for EVERYTHING. Somebody somewhere surely described how great expansion based in Chen's homeland would be... but such ideas never became part of mainstream. Nobody read them. 99.999% of forum visitors never heard of them. Such theories can't be seriously taken into account while analyzing fake leaks.

So, you say that worgen were requested? In the way I wrote above, every race even remotely mentioned in any Warcraft game was requested by someone. On the long list of goblins, ogres, high elves, naga and Elune knows what, worgen were rather low on demand, somewhere near the centaurs. Nevertheless, the main selling point of Cataclysm was old world revamp, something "nobody" truly expected Blizzard to do, rather than just creating new continent (and they were actually right, as Cataclysm turned out horrible). Hearing something like that instantly raises the leak in ranking of credibility.

If you still don't understand, well, not my problem. Personally, I was right on the spot for the last 3 expansion leaks, while simultaneusly never believing any fake leak that appeared in the mean time. You can say I'm lying, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavir View Post
    Tmw the fake notes posters doesn't even know what a "hero" class is. At least pick one from the list http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III_heroes.
    So paladin is a hero class now?

The next class is going to be witch doctor after Sylvannas manages to raise Vol'jin and rip him out of being a Loa spirit, combining shamanism with undeath. Zombies are rooted in carribbean animism and rituals. Trolls are culturally modeled after ancient carribbeans. The sensible races would be trolls, humans, undead, blood elves, dwarves and draenei.

See? I can make shit up too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think we will get more information on the Argus patch before the reveal any details about the next expansion.
    They revealed Cataclysm and the Icecrown Citadel raid both at the same time, at Blizzcon 2009.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of this not too long ago but didn't post anything:

Vanilla WoW
    Burning Crusade
    Wrath
    Cata (revamped vanilla)
    MoP
    WoD (revamped BC)
    Legion
    ????? (revamped wrath??)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    You must be new to wow! blizzard will show the next X-pack this, and it will take them a year or so to release it after showing some of it off. 7.3 will be out some time end of this year. so NO blizzard will not hold showing 8.0 till next year. Other wise we would be stuck with a 1+ year wait of nothing.
    Then we will see.

Their entire release schedule in Legion has been toying with padding content so the time between patches "seems" smaller than usual. I expect Blizzcon to be about patch 7.3 and 7.3.5, possibly a 7.4 (light in content, like 7.1 was) announcement to bridge the gap before the next expansion and give them some extra time. When they announce next expansion (which could happen way before Blizzcon, remember that Legion was announced in other convention), it will be far closer to release than they did in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean every 2 years...
    So the OP is admitting the leak is phony, yet in the OP it states not sure if real or not... hmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    You can tell it's fake from meaningless lines like "old northrend zones revamped with flying in mind"...Flying had been in for an entire xpac before WotLK release and seeing as how you had to have flying to get through zones like Icrcrown and Storm Peaks, the old zones are already designed with flying in mind.
    Only Icecrown and Storm Peaks were designed around flying, because you got flying at level 77, and that was the starting level for these zones. All other zones were designed for ground mounts. Or did you feel you had to fly in Howling Fjord in order to complete quests? No. But in Icecrown and Storm Peaks flying was actually necessary to finish the zones.