Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Except I'm not getting an extended period of benefit for it to even become a useful talent; the amount of ticks done at the significant threshold are minimal. Not with these fucking demonhunters and fury warriors and their retarded fel craze trinket.
    But it's a percentage, so it doesn't matter. And if you have crazy burst classes it's actually better since they'll get through the first half of the boss hp quickly where you are weaker then they'll be doing less when their CDs are over and your damage increase comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I really don't get why everyone is getting so hung up on this ramping execute. Would you prefer if it said "25% increased damage for mobs 35% or lower"? Although effectively it is exactly the same?
    Wouldn't be in all situations though, for instance the last boss in eye starts at 20%(iirc) hp and that's his equivalent of 100%, this talent would simply do more damage to that boss than if it was a flat amount since you're starting at the amount you'd be at at 20% and just growing from there. Any time your in that kind of situation its just better, though those are rare. In situations with rapidly dying adds it'll suck though.

Not the first pvp talent I would have picked to make a pve talent, but definitely better than soul effigy.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Um, what? Fury warriors are in an amazing place and shadow priests are virtually an execute DPS class which is why guilds stacked them in nighthold's world race.

What the hell is so good about maintaining a short duration dot that's completely desync'd from all your other dots and gets in the way of drain cycles anyways.

Part of why affliction sucked as a multidotter compared to shadow priest anyways was because the power of the dots that you can cleave (not UA) is so diluted and you spend an extra global on each mob to do what shadow word pain and vampiric touch outdamage combined.
    I was using fury as an example that it is better in all cases to take talents that do more damage during 65-80% of the boss's health than a talent that increases damage during execute range. not to mention all the mechanic/movement requirements during execute phases which further reduces DE's worth.

I never in any way said fury was bad. stop trying to pick fights dude

Deleted
    These new ptr notes... always the same. If a spec is op they overnerf it the ground.
    If this goes to live.. no one will poay affli anymore.
    Maybe they want us to switch specs? Longer subscription times because of Ap farming a new weapon/geting other legendaries? ;-)

"we will buff affliction 15% overall, but not agony and UA, we will also nerf all thing that do damage 5-20% in next ptr build" kek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I really don't get why everyone is getting so hung up on this ramping execute. Would you prefer if it said "25% increased damage for mobs 35% or lower"? Although effectively it is exactly the same?.
    Wrong. Death's Embrace will be a lousy talent for short fights in dungeons and virtually useless in world content outside of weekly elite bosses.

I'd much rather have the ability to do 1m+ crits with UA than Death's Embrace.

Also it;s weird logic to claim that Death's Embrace will benefit us more cos we'll be ramping up are damage when everyone else is dying.

Affliction absolutely does not need more bloody ramp. Good lord, the devs specifically identified ramp as an issue in today;s faster paced game, and then they give us more of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    "we will buff affliction 15% overall, but not agony and UA, we will also nerf all thing that do damage 5-20% in next ptr build" kek
    Well I;ve nowe managed to check, and the buff does apply to UA but still not to Agony, which I can only think is deliberate since that is now the second PTR build where Agony isn;t part of that "all warlock damage", even though they saw fit to buff seed of corruption lol. I;d much rather they left the damage the same and lowered the fucking cast time.

But as it is, Agony will just do a crapton less damage because Writhe and Grasp too big nerfs, and now Haunt has as well. Shame that Agony is our seocn dmost powerful dot....

And, and Siphon Life just took a roughly 10% nerf too, because the 5% extra on the aura is nowhere near the same as the base nerf

Shard generation is complete garbage too, Ua buffed yeah, agony not, SL is slightly better than live sl, MG is complete garbage and without it we still lost like -20% damage with all "buffs"

Well the last time I freaked out about us getting nerfed in a build, it was pretty quick after that they communicated with us and we saw some further re-adjustment. So I'll hold off for now. I just hope we get some communication about what's going on with Agony and how that doesn't appear to have benefited from the blanket buff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.