Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For some reason all of my destruction spells dont show animations (incinerate, chaos bolt etc)
    I think we can expect some new ones very soon.

They also updated the visual for soul shards

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    For some reason all of my destruction spells dont show animations (incinerate, chaos bolt etc)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/56d13...f7e3193656.png

Those look awful, like some diamond off candy crush.

Deleted
    Glyph of Ember Shards - Your Soul Shards are encased in burning embers above your head. - I think this is a Verdant Spheres glyph or something new but similar.

Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards - Your Soul Shards have been touched by fel energy. - MOP Destro Embers visual.

Glyph of Floating Shards - Your Soul Shards now float above your head. - MOP Affi soul shards visual.

just my quick thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think they just fucked up, quite a few spells don't show proper animations.

Like rifts and such too, some animations glitch like Unending Resolve. Just some mess with that.

The new shard UI is better than before but the shape isn't right, it looks more like a gem. However, it does make it much easier to see how close you are to a full shard.

I also have no spell visuals, I hope it's because we have new ones coming but it's probably a bug, why else would they remove the old ones when the new ones aren't ready?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I also have no spell visuals, I hope it's because we have new ones coming but it's probably a bug, why else would they remove the old ones when the new ones aren't ready?
    Nah, they just sat down and tried to understand why everyone is Aff now and came to conclusion because people love Aff animations, so they spread around the good stuff.

Deleted
    I like the new soul shard UI look.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo123 View Post
    Glyph of Ember Shards - Your Soul Shards are encased in burning embers above your head. - I think this is a Verdant Spheres glyph or something new but similar.

Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards - Your Soul Shards have been touched by fel energy. - MOP Destro Embers visual.

Glyph of Floating Shards - Your Soul Shards now float above your head. - MOP Affi soul shards visual.

just my quick thoughts.
    I'd assume Ember is red, Fel-touched is green.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Floating Shards is the old Affliction Soul Shard visual and the other two are just recolors of those.

I don't think we're getting Verdant Spheres back since the Fire Mage Phoenix Orbs Ability are obviously meant to evoke the visual of Verdant Spheres.

Would love to get the old Burning Embers visuals back, but I wouldn't count on it. I'd be surprised if the developers even realize that Burning Embers had visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    i already made a new one on the PTR. currently works on PTR as well is you want to test https://wago.io/4kxfS3qRG
    Works for me, thx for the update.
    I just changed two things:
    I changed the threshold to always show the bit number instead of only when it's >4 of the full shard.
    Changed the color to red to remind me I'm in the Destro spec right now and not in Aff/Demo

Quote Originally Posted by rambo123 View Post

just my quick thoughts.
    I'm actually just assume all 3 are the 'Soul Shards above your head' visual... except one is orange, one is green, one is purple... I really wish they'd put a burning ember visual in though, even if it is a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Works for me, thx for the update.
    I just changed two things:
    I changed the threshold to always show the bit number instead of only when it's >4 of the full shard.
    Changed the color to red to remind me I'm in the Destro spec right now and not in Aff/Demo
    i updated the wago to display all bits and the color but didnt change the bar texture

No changes this PTR, does that mean the mechanical rework is completed? I honestly forgot what their usual MO is with this stuff. Time to see how this'll line up with the real encounters!

Seems we've landed in a pretty good place judging from the PTR, bar some personal gripes.

Deleted
    Seems they switched back to putting their energy into Affliction. Destruction is fixed now that they have embers again, right?

Deleted
    How did destruciton end up in a good spot?

Nothing changed except the resource system. They didnt look at retarded talents and clunky shit mechanics, maintence buffs and zero mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    How did destruciton end up in a good spot?

Nothing changed except the resource system. They didnt look at retarded talents and clunky shit mechanics, maintence buffs and zero mobility.
    Dunno, maybe 17% buff to all spells and F&B generating retarded amount of shards, which kinda negates lower shards generation and nets 40% CB buff.

The whole Destruction issue in Nighthold is tuning, to be frank. The 17% damage buff across the board alone would suffice, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Dunno, maybe 17% buff to all spells and F&B generating retarded amount of shards, which kinda negates lower shards generation and nets 40% CB buff.

The whole Destruction issue in Nighthold is tuning, to be frank. The 17% damage buff across the board alone would suffice, really.

People are reporting more or less the same dmg across the board, except 2t dmg is way down, how is that 17% buff dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    People are reporting more or less the same dmg across the board, except 2t dmg is way down, how is that 17% buff dmg?
    Or you could like download PTR, install it and compare to live?

I don't know who your "people" are, I personally spent couple of hours on PTR including ToS testing at the very least the damage there is higher than live.

can anyone post screenshot of new glyph effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Or you could like download PTR, install it and compare to live?

I don't know who your "people" are, I personally spent couple of hours on PTR including ToS testing at the very least the damage there is higher than live.
    Damage is noticeably higher on PTR.

I just wish they would revert the mastery to be a fixed increase, that and ditch life tap and ELT, at least for Destruction and I'd be happy
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock