Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    First of all, link? I'd love to read that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arthas and Ner'zhul have become a perfect fusion of one being - Arthas' personality and body with Ner'zhul's wisdom, experience, power and EVIL.
    Metzen said it in the forums. If you google the quote you'll find lots of links.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Arthas and Ner'zhul have become a perfect fusion of one being - Arthas' personality and body with Ner'zhul's wisdom, experience, power and EVIL.
    Metzen said it in the forums. If you google the quote you'll find lots of links.
    There are contradictive things out there. The Lich King talks about having been a shaman once, in Howling Fjord, yet the Arthas book clearly states that Arthas dominated Ner'zhul and Metzen stated at a Blizzcon that Ner'zhul was done.

But for some reason there still remains some power in the helmet, even though both Ner'zhul and Arthas are supposed to be dead, as if the Lich King entity is something separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. Illidan wanting to prove he can take down Arthas? That's fanfic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, no. Illidan wanting to prove he can take down Arthas? That's fanfic.
    Wasn't the reason Illidan was insane in Outland because he lost to Arthas in TFT? I remember Malfurion saying something like that in Vanilla.

edit:

here

Malfurion Stormrage says: Cenarius fights at my side. Illidan sits atop his throne in Outland – brooding. I'm afraid that the loss to Arthas proved to be his breaking point. Madness has embraced him, Remulos. He replays the events in his mind a thousand times per day, but in his mind, he is the victor and Arthas is utterly defeated. He is too far gone, old friend. I fear that the time may soon come that our bond is tested and it will not be as it was at the Well in Zin-Azshari.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malfurion_Stormrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    So i just took awak everything that didn´t make any sense, read it again and tell me if you find this "leak" somewhat believable now

-SNIP-

Basically Blizzard is trying to focus on lore that people like, The team wanted to revamp Northrend for a long time, it's the teams most favourite content and that of many players as well. The announcement of this will happen soon, so whether you believe me or not, this will soon be made public. Enjoy our trip back to the icy north.
    I like the idea, I'd totally play it. But although it sounds cool I think levelling up in Northrend again, visiting our class halls again and having Dalaran as a capital for the third time would be messy in game. It wouldn't really feel like a brand new expansion worth buying and it would make Blizzard seem lazy.

I'd still play it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    There are contradictive things out there. The Lich King talks about having been a shaman once, in Howling Fjord, yet the Arthas book clearly states that Arthas dominated Ner'zhul and Metzen stated at a Blizzcon that Ner'zhul was done.

But for some reason there still remains some power in the helmet, even though both Ner'zhul and Arthas are supposed to be dead, as if the Lich King entity is something separate.
    Metzen said Ner'zhul was done after Wrath meaning Ner'zhul wouldn't be involved in any Scourge related nonsense. I don't know if that's still their view or has been. Clearly though the role of Lich King and the power it has along the Frozen Throne well it's a dark power and pretty much anyone could be just as dark as Ner'Zhul. Course that's my speculation on my part, could be Ner'zhul's spirit still remains but we don't know.

Wasn't the reason Illidan was insane in Outland because he lost to Arthas in TFT? I remember Malfurion saying something like that in Vanilla.

That was true, his sanity was in question. Course that's changed obviously.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Metzen said Ner'zhul was done after Wrath meaning Ner'zhul wouldn't be involved in any Scourge related nonsense. I don't know if that's still their view or has been. Clearly though the role of Lich King and the power it has along the Frozen Throne well it's a dark power and pretty much anyone could be just as dark as Ner'Zhul. Course that's my speculation on my part, could be Ner'zhul's spirit still remains but we don't know.
    By saying Ner'zhul was done, he didn't mean Ner'zhul wouldn't be involved in any Scourge related stuff, he meant Ner'zhul was dead. Which would mean that Arthas "killed him" in the helmet or whatever. But again, that's contradictive to the Lich King saying he used to be a Shaman once, at a point where Arthas already "killed" Ner'zhul.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-03 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Ner'Zhul hasn't been a part of The Lich King since the Arthas book, which predates WotLK.
    Ner'zhul was always part of the Lich King, even in WotLK. At one point during an Alliance quest the Lich King recognizes the Shaman magic being used to mask your presence and looks directly at you and says, "I was a Shaman once..."

And whose voice do you think that was at the end of the Bolvar cinematic?

Deleted
    That was true, his sanity was in question. Course that's changed obviously.
    Doesn't mean that the loss against Arthas isn't still bothering him. And if Illidan survives and the Lich King comes, I'm sure he would join us in fighting him.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    " Old zones completely changed"

Nope. As much as I would like this, they learned from cataclysm this isn't worth the time investment and people would be upset about losing the old version. This single line item makes this "FAKE NEWS"
    Cataclysm was like 5 expansions ago. It's easier to rehash old mistakes than to think up brand new ones, just like their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    By saying Ner'zhul was done, he didn't mean Ner'zhul wouldn't be involved in any Scourge related stuff, he meant Ner'zhul was dead. Which would mean that Arthas "killed him" in the helmet or whatever. But again, that's contradictive to the Lich King saying he used to be a Shaman once, at a point where Arthas already "killed" Ner'zhul.
    It's just as possible he learned of Ner'zhul's memories hence the comment.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    It's just as possible he learned of Ner'zhul's memories hence the comment.
    But then he's not just Arthas, he's Arthas + Ner'zhul, if he thinks of Ner'zhul's memories as his own. The book however states that it is only Arthas, no Ner'zhul left anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Cataclysm was like 5 expansions ago. It's easier to rehash old mistakes than to think up brand new ones, just like their games.
    More like 3 expansions ago, but ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then he's not just Arthas, he's Arthas + Ner'zhul, if he thinks of Ner'zhul's memories as his own. The book however states that it is only Arthas, no Ner'zhul left anymore.
    No it means he removed Ner'zhul but inherited his memories. Kinda like how the Skull of Gul'dan gave Illidan his memories(Just without Illidan killing original Gul'dan >.>)

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    No it means he removed Ner'zhul but inherited his memories. Kinda like how the Skull of Gul'dan gave Illidan his memories(Just without Illidan killing original Gul'dan >.>)
    Even if he still had his memories, he wouldn't say "I used to be a shaman once". I don't see Illidan reminiscing about stuff that Gul'dan did. I don't see him saying "I used to be a warlock once". If I'm not mistaken, the book Arthas came out some time after Wrath released. It's simply a matter of Blizzard having forgotten about that line in Howling Fjord. It's a contradiction. Simple as that.

I've always wondered, if it's true that Ner'zhul was the Lich King, and Ner'zhul was suppressed by Arthas and therefore was pretty much done for as Metzen confirmed, and Arthas died... then what is left in the helmet? What empowers Bolvar to become the Lich King? Either Ner'zhul is still in there, and it's him, or the Lich King entity is separate from Ner'zhul. But what is it? Where did it come from?
    Ner'zuhl is the LK without him the power is gone and the armor is empty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I looked it up, the quote you mentioned takes place BEFORE 'Arthas', so it has no bearing on the conversation. He was speaking of the time that they were fused when Arthas first donned the helm of domination. This era ends when Arthas purges/suppresses/consumes ner'zhul's essence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Ner'zuhl is the LK without him the power is gone and the armor is empty
    Ner'zhul is not the lich king. He was the spirit embodying the power of the lich king for a while. The lich king is a power imbued into the suit of armor. Theoretically, even if no one's spirit was bound to it, it would still have its dark power and the next person to don the equipment (especially the helm) would become the new LK.

Also - the scene where King Terenas says "There must always be a Lich King" wouldn't make sense if Ner'Zhul was capable of 'being' the Lich King on his own. He's either 100% gone, or weakened to the point where he is little more than a whisper amongst a throng of insane muttering.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bolvar is currently the lich king. Arthas being ressurected would not automatically make him the Lich King or be the return of the Lich King. Since you know the Lich King, Bolvar, is still around.
    Once the helm of domination is placed back on his head he'd be the lich king again

I'll quit the game if artifact weapons carry over. I want a new weapon when a new expansion rolls around. Artifact weapons are ok in one expansion but it gets old pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD didn't revamp BC.
    Outlands and draenor are like the same place but different times. So yea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I looked it up, the quote you mentioned takes place BEFORE 'Arthas', so it has no bearing on the conversation.
    I'll go with Metzen over Golden any day.