Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    as someone who does +10-12 carries with 4/5 guildies and a pug key new changes suck.

reducing change at lego by 2/3 (really the only reason other than AP we do carries)

For us time is the commodity. The way these changes are, we will likely stop carrying pug keys and almost exclusively do 5/5 player guild keys. Which is a big blow to the casual players who look for these carries each week for the weekly chest.
    Last edited by Rankstar; 2017-05-03 at 02:14 AM.

Is nobody going to mention the loot/run getting cut in half?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    if you have time to do 9 dungeons now you get 27 chests at 2 items a piece, so 52 items.

if you do 9 dungeons in 7.2.5 with the changes thats 9 chests with 3 items a piece so 27 items total.

plus thats 18 chests less for legendaries so they would need to up the drop rate from M+

the new way is way less items total, no ifs ands or buts.

Very few people do these things to push, they do them to three chest and be done with it, the people who push, will still push in the new system, but this hurts people who do M+ for gear.

They can keep the no depletion, that's cool, but the 1 chest thing is retarded and needs to go.
    Your argument was that people would do runs slower so their key didn't go up, don't change it now lmfao.

But again, people are assuming it's 2-3 items split among a group of 5, rather than 2-3 each person (The system in place in beta, up until a few weeks before launch)

We don't actually know yet, because it was worded terribly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The AP is definitely nice, but you're right in that if "depleting" a key works the same as it does now, if I do an Arcway+10, and get a BRH+13, I can go into BRH, quickly deplete it 3 times, and have a +10 ready in like 2minutes, for my group to continue farming gear.
    the loot per time will still be less + I wont be looking for keys anymore since I can just do a 5man premade group with friends and deplete keys over and over again unless I want to target a specific one dungeon
    I will never boost any randoms' key ever again

To maximize loot though you'll want to do a +2 (3 pieces), +3 (6 pieces), +4 (9 Pieces), +5 (12 pieces)

If you go fast you'll get +2(3 pieces), +5(6 pieces) and on top of that you miss out on chests for legendaries and BLP

+2-+5 slow is 4 chests

+2-+5 fast is 2 chests

+2-+5 in 7.2 fast is 6 chests, unless they up the drop rate significantly for legendaries from M+ is a loss that way too.
    keys can not deplete anymore, if you're not in time, you can redo it in 1 lower difficulty. (3 items when in time, 2 when not)

So go ahead and farm your lower levels in stead of pushing as hard as you can and get more and better stuff for the same time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn View Post
    How do you get less loot? Are you thinking straight? Do you get more than 1 piece of loot from 3 chests?
    There is currently two pieces of loot per chest. 3x2 = 6. The new system maxes out at 3 pieces of loot per chest.

So after this change you will just get 5 ppl from your guild and do your keys then deplete them a few levels and do them again rinse and repeat... people wont look for lower geared players on group finder anymore so rip casuals looking for boosts. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Furosam View Post
    the loot per time will still be less + I wont be looking for keys anymore since I can just do a 5man premade group with friends and deplete keys over and over again unless I want to target a specific one dungeon
    I will never boost any randoms' key ever again
    Yeah, that's one thing my guildies and I are super keen about, no more boosting runs, just our own keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    So after this change you will just get 5 ppl from your guild and do your keys then deplete them a few levels and do them again rinse and repeat... people wont look for lower geared players on group finder anymore so rip casuals looking for boosts. Am I wrong?
    Oh no, poor plebs won't get their keys boosted anymore and will have to do their dungeons legitimately. How sad.

Really, is that actually your issue?

Deleted
    so max-loot cut in half and era of boost groups is over... well both m+ farmers and people getting carries must be so happy about this...

Deleted
    That's exactly right.
    This just screws over a lot of casuals ... think at the start of the expansion they stated they want better geared people have at least some kind of incentive to play with lesser geared randoms (about runes and tf gear in lfr) and something along those lines for m+ dungeons too
    Also HALF THE LOOT FUCKING SUXX
    Last edited by mmoc0791345a13; 2017-05-03 at 02:17 AM.

Your argument was that people would do runs slower so their key didn't go up, don't change it now lmfao.

But again, people are assuming it's 2-3 items split among a group of 5, rather than 2-3 each person (The system in place in beta, up until a few weeks before launch)

rofl, its 2-3 a chest, you know it, there's no way it would be 2-3 a person.

and i'm not changing my argument at all, just proving that 1 chest per run regardless is retarded.

people will still wait it out, cause guess what, people don't want challenge. so if you can get your 9 done doing +2-+10 instead of adding 2 to every key they will

it's not worded poorly, it's 2 - 3 items for the whole group.

yeah agree with everyone here, we will no longer boosts pugs keys. We will exclusively do 5/5 player guildies keys now. Its no skin off our back tbh because we can still run the same dungeon repeatedly by intentionally failing the timer at higher levels. /shrug #blizzlogic.

Yeah, that's one thing my guildies and I are super keen about, no more boosting runs, just our own keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, poor plebs won't get their keys boosted anymore and will have to do their dungeons legitimately. How sad.

Really, is that actually your issue?
    Not really, I'm the one doing the boosts. I guess we will see a lot more spam in the forums of people that cant find groups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Supmotto View Post
    it's not worded poorly, it's 2 - 3 items for the whole group.
    Feel free to quote where it clearly states that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Not really, I'm the one doing the boosts. I guess we will see a lot more spam in the forums of people that cant find groups anymore
    I highly doubt Blizz will stick to this, considering it just puts a larger divide between overgeared and undergeared players. Shall see what happens though.

Deleted
    rofl, its 2-3 a chest, you know it, there's no way it would be 2-3 a person.

and i'm not changing my argument at all, just proving that 1 chest per run regardless is retarded.

people will still wait it out, cause guess what, people don't want challenge. so if you can get your 9 done doing +2-+10 instead of adding 2 to every key they will
    Nah just do the run normally and deplete a key if it's higher than 10 till its back down to 10 (or desired level)

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    keys can not deplete anymore, if you're not in time, you can redo it in 1 lower difficulty. (3 items when in time, 2 when not)

So go ahead and farm your lower levels in stead of pushing as hard as you can and get more and better stuff for the same time investment.
    it caps at 10, why push higher? right now if you +3 a 10 key you get 3 chests and you can do that 5 times in your group for a quick 15 chests and 30 items.

the new way means you get 5 chests in the same amount of time and effort, with 15 pieces of loot total.

even if you want to maximize gear at the highest level it still kills the amount of drops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furosam View Post
    there is no point in doing a key higher than 10 now... the bonusap is a joke anyways
    +13? deplete 3 times - you just got a easier key for the same loot
    ????
    Is the bonus AP a joke though? Got 19 million AP last week in the chest (at AK level 31 at the time) for doing a +20 the week prior. I don't know, seems like a pretty good incentive to me to try and do some higher ones. Also keep in mind that the bonus AP will scale up to +30

As for the loot yeah its a nerf for lower keys, but once you got up to the higher ones right now you could only +1 with the occasional +2 anyway, this will actually give you 1 more piece of loot at the very high levels than is the case right now maybe offering some extra incentive to actually do higher keys outside the bonus AP at both the end of the run and the weekly cache.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-05-03 at 02:22 AM.

Feel free to quote where it clearly states that
    When you finish a Mythic+ dungeon, the chest at the end will contain two items
    It says pretty clearly it will contain two items. Just like they now contain two items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Is the bonus AP a joke though? Got 19 million AP last week in the chest (at AK level 31 at the time) for doing a +20 the week prior. I don't know, seems like a pretty good incentive to me to try and do some higher ones.

As for the loot yeah its a nerf for lower keys, but once you got up to the higher ones right now you could only +1 with the occasional +2 anyway, this will actually give you 1 more piece of loot at the very high levels than is the case right now maybe offering some extra incentive to actually do higher keys outside the bonus AP at both the end of the run and the weekly cache.
    Sure but you will only do one high key unless you care about m+ score - and get less loot along the way compared to now (per time spent doing keys)
    and if you did +20 you surely at least 2chested up to about 18 - these changes will get you less loot once they are in
    Last edited by mmoc0791345a13; 2017-05-03 at 02:24 AM.