Thread: Rip m+

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Rip m+

With the new changes, Blizz has made the M+ system more difficult for lower and higher geared players, while cutting the rewards in half at the same time.

Was fun while it lasted. Now I'll do my 4 emissaries and then have nothing to do until weekend raid.

RIP the M+ system
    Last edited by Hashcrypt; 2017-05-03 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    How is it more difficult for higher geared players? Now we don't have to lower ourselves to 10-13 keys in order to maximize loot potential or if we get shit keys

What the fuck is "cutting the toward in half?"

It's on the PTR for testing. I kinda agree with what they are attempting. Maybe you should give feedback that isn't shit in the hope it gets listened to instead of "hurr durr RIP M+"

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    What the fuck is "cutting the toward in half?"

It's on the PTR for testing. I kinda agree with what they are attempting. Maybe you should give feedback that isn't shit in the hope it gets listened to instead of "hurr durr RIP M+"
    Toward is meant to be reward.

Deleted
    You must be new there. Every time feedback comes you get an answer "It's PTR, wait for all changes to come". Then it goes live.

But this change is not bad. No need to boost now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    With the new changes, Blizz has made the M+ system more difficult for lower and higher geared players, while cutting the rewards in half at the same time.

Was fun while it lasted. Now I'll do my 4 emissaries and then have nothing to do until weekend raid.

RIP the M+ system
    If you read the whole post youd know that they increased the reward, not "cut it in half"

Useless whine thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    If you read the whole post youd know that they increased the reward, not "cut it in half"
    How, actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Toward is meant to be reward.
    Them context clues are hard, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Useless whine thread
    The problem is that they don't say "2 pieces of loot, per person." So, knowing how Blizzard handles things, they mean that your group will get a total of 2 pieces of loot, and a 3rd if you complete it in time. This is would not be an increase, especially if its a keystoone you'd have normally 2 or 3 chested.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    Them context clues are hard, eh?
    Sorry for not guessing "reward" when the rewards haven't been halved. My bad!

Useless whine thread
    Old 3 chest = 6 pieces, new "3" chest = 3 pieces, hence, cut in half

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    How, actually?
    Higher keys, which you'd only 1 chest, will now give 1 more item than it did previously. So this doesn't punish people who did higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Higher keys, which you'd only 1 chest, will now give 1 more item than it did previously. So this doesn't punish people who did higher keys.
    No but who the fuck does higher keys for loot? Lol

The thing is that if you're still just there to farm loot then why would you do higher runs at all? You'd clear the highest key you could with your guild and then farm 10s for the loot you need anyway. Farming a 10 for 3 pieces of loot is still faster than farming an 11 for three pieces of loot. This solves nothing and just punishes people for farming for these stupid trinkets that are obviously broken and BiS.

It's a good change. Was sick of doing low level keys just because there's a higher chance to get a high TF.

So, tldr: reward is nerfed hard (from 6 items to 3 items), and timer now is pretty much useless. Kappa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There was no point in doing higher than +10. That's where loot is getting capped. +10 could be easily 3-chested already. Loot is getting halved. But at least there's no need in boosting. Let's see how casuals are going to cry when there's no one to boost them every week.

With how much they've ignored feedback and done knee-jerk nerfs to fun/loot/RNG in general, I'd be highly surprised if they overturned this.

My idea (which I already posted and is already highly rated on the thread) is to just give 5 pieces of loot, 1 piece per person. You get 1 less than live, but if EVERYONE gets a piece, I think it's overall a buff in the long run, especially when you pug.

If the entire group has to put the effort in to do M+, the entire group should be rewarded, not ~half the group.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No but who the fuck does higher keys for loot? Lol

The thing is that if you're still just there to farm loot then why would you do higher runs at all? You'd clear the highest key you could with your guild and then farm 10s for the loot you need anyway. Farming a 10 for 3 pieces of loot is still faster than farming an 11 for three pieces of loot. This solves nothing and just punishes people for farming for these stupid trinkets that are obviously broken and BiS.
    Loot was a bonus, while pushing higher keys. You can complete multiple objectives at once you know. It isn't just "Ok this hour is for AP m+, then after loot, then I push keys"

- - - Updated - - -

There was no point in doing higher than +10. That's where loot is getting capped. +10 could be easily 3-chested already. Loot is getting halved. But at least there's no need in boosting. Let's see how casuals are going to cry when there's no one to boost them every week.
    When all these changes come through, the cap will be back up to 15. Still a 2 chest atleast for a lot of groups, but eh.

It's more AP, theres every point to do it. Also, every activity does not have to have a reward attached to it. It clearly matters to you, but you aren't everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    With how much they've ignored feedback and done knee-jerk nerfs to fun/loot/RNG in general, I'd be highly surprised if they overturned this.

My idea (which I already posted and is already highly rated on the thread) is to just give 5 pieces of loot, 1 piece per person. You get 1 less than live, but if EVERYONE gets a piece, I think it's overall a buff in the long run, especially when you pug.

If the entire group has to put the effort in to do M+, the entire group should be rewarded, not ~half the group.
    So your idea is for a mythic+ to reward everyone with 1 piece of gear for a total of 5.

You do realize that doing a boss with 20 people rewards 4-5 items, right?

You want to give the same number of items to only 5 people that just manage to finish a dungeon?

This is why your idea sounds completely ludicrous and would never ever happen.

You must be new there. Every time feedback comes you get an answer "It's PTR, wait for all changes to come". Then it goes live.

But this change is not bad. No need to boost now.
    Yup or it's " Beta they'll fix it np boys "