Thread: PvP Demo Nerf

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP Demo Nerf

Bit harsh IMO, we struggle to get out optimum damage and saving grace was we were hard to kill...now easier to kill and still same struggle pushing out damage.

Deleted
    Demo is dead time to learn next spec again.

They've been nerfing warlock survivability in pvp all xpac, it's basically a push to make mage the only caster used in pvp since every otehr caster gets shit on by melee train.

Taking off stamine plus the Soul Link nerf might be indeed overkill.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I don't play demo but stamina nerf is retarded. Nether ward still dispellable/spellstealable is fine. 1 warlock spec who can survive 4 second stun is op, I guess.
    My prediction: they will nerf affliction next (maybe even tomorrow) and like always they will find a way to make it in the most retarded way. Maybe they will pair affliction nerf with SP nerf.
    And looks who went almost untouched? Right frost mages. And they already whine about TS nerf like it's the end of the world making point that "melee destroy mages in 3 seconds" lol, sure, they are destroying trash mages.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-05-02 at 06:05 AM.

Deleted
    Can't really understand this.

Deleted
    Watch some of the tournaments from the last couple of weekends.

This was not an overkill. Demo is not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post

I watched and that's why I said it.

Time will tell which one of us is right.
    Thanks for the heads up!

So they make a balance for arenas but not battlegrounds where you'll have more than 1-2 melee riding your warlock ass all game long. Somehow that isn't overkill?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    So they make a balance for arenas but not battlegrounds where you'll have more than 1-2 melee riding your warlock ass all game long. Somehow that isn't overkill?
    Arenas are the most competitive part of WoW PVP and used for tournaments. Unless it's Rated Battlegrounds where class stacking is the best way to go (Affli Warlocks, Boomkins, Spriests, MW Monks) you won't see changes designed to stop melee training you.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    yes, they have stated multiple times that the game is supposed to be balanced around 3v3. There's no way to balance this game around 10v1 if that's what you are hoping for

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I watched and that's why I said it.

Time will tell which one of us is right.
    I think blizzard would like to combat the dampening factor. I know they balanced the game to be slow and made dampening as a result of that, but when every single match in a tournament is 10+ minutes if there is a druid and a lock on one of the teams, they need to do something about it. My own main is a warlock, and at least 80% of my 3s games go to dampening, even vs comps like jungle. (i mainly play lsd)

whenever a warlock/rdruid/x fights lock/druid/x, the games go to 40% dampening or higher, and it does get pretty tedious. I dont think this is enough to stop it, becuase now it'll just be dampening tsgs instead - but I think it's a step in the right direction.

That said, I feel like people will go back to playing affliction now. I think the specs are about equal, with affli doing more dmg and demo having more cc (and still more survivability)

Dunno man, I'm a fucking tank in rated and arena as demo lol. Will have to see how bad the nerf is.

Deleted
    Great that they have time to nerf Demo arbritarily. Now where are the Affliction buffs? Or are we supposed to roll over in 5 seconds as an immobile class, that's supposed to be 'tanky'?

Hmmmm that lock survived for 5 whole seconds vs melee they were trying to kite. Too powerful nerf it to the ground, fuck locks long live the melee scum -Blizz

Honestly though its the same shit every expansion, Locks start off pretty good/amazing then throughout the expansion we just get all of our useful/fun toys taken away or nerfed into oblivion.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Hmmmm that lock survived for 5 whole seconds vs melee they were trying to kite. Too powerful nerf it to the ground, fuck locks long live the melee scum -Blizz

Honestly though its the same shit every expansion, Locks start off pretty good/amazing then throughout the expansion we just get all of our useful/fun toys taken away or nerfed into oblivion.
    This exactly. If you've played a Warlock for more than an expansion, you'll know this is commonplace. Is it annoying? Absolutely. Frustrating? Beyond belief. Yet I stick with it because this is my favorite class and Blizzard's incompetence will never sway that.

Deleted

Maldiva and his team seem to think otherwise - the damage output was pathetic and there's not enough survivability to make that tradeoff worthwhile.
    He was back to playing affliction despite it being complete paper vs melee, since at least it put out some damage.

If warlocks are supposed to be the tanky yet immobile class then they need to deliver on that, so far we had one spec that seemed to live up to it, and not even that anymore. If they want to give us tools like our circle / CC back baseline, fair enough, but otherwise it's a bit of a joke when you can't cast if a melee is on you, can't get away because your two escape tools require setup and broadcast your location well in advance and are so flimsy you are invariably the target of said melee.
    Affliction feels flimsy and boring while the other two seem an exercise in frustration.

I remember lamenting how PVP felt dreadful compared to prior expansions back in Cataclysm, it looks like a golden era in hindsight.

I checked arenamate and Demo Warlock is not even in the top comps. It's sitting at 6.5% for class and 3.6% for spec representation. The nerf is utterly unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    If warlocks are supposed to be the tanky yet immobile class then they need to deliver on that, so far we had one spec that seemed to live up to it, and not even that anymore. If they want to give us tools like our circle / CC back baseline, fair enough, but otherwise it's a bit of a joke when you can't cast if a melee is on you, can't get away because your two escape tools require setup and broadcast your location well in advance and are so flimsy you are invariably the target of said melee.
    Exactly, all these people saying warlock mobility and tankiness is fine never encountered a fury warrior utterly molesting them while the poor warlock can barely get a cast off.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Maldiva and his team seem to think otherwise - the damage output was pathetic and there's not enough survivability to make that tradeoff worthwhile.
    He was back to playing affliction despite it being complete paper vs melee, since at least it put out some damage.

Affliction feels flimsy and boring while the other two seem an exercise in frustration.

I remember lamenting how PVP felt dreadful compared to prior expansions back in Cataclysm, it looks like a golden era in hindsight.
    I don't think Maldiva and his team is the most credible source for this kind of thing. remember they don't play to kill, they play to survive and dampen. old demo was perfect for that, now demo still has amazing cc and utility and really good damage, but it's not as much a dampening class

edit: do you really like watching Maldivas dampening games in the tournaments?

I don't think Maldiva and his team is the most credible source for this kind of thing. remember they don't play to kill, they play to survive and dampen. old demo was perfect for that, now demo still has amazing cc and utility and really good damage, but it's not as much a dampening class

edit: do you really like watching Maldivas dampening games in the tournaments?
    If they are dampening games how in the flying fuck does demo even have this really good damage you're talking about.

Warlocks have no burst worth a damn, and the one spec who can play outside dampening is made of glass.

I think the nerf was unjustified. Melee are able to burst me down remarkably fast now. I don't know how they can nerf demo but leave unholy untouched. Fighting an Unholy DK feels like I'm fighting a tank-- they don't die. I don't imagine Demonology doing very well now.