View Poll Results: Should Mythic+ be removed?

Voters
516. This poll is closed
  • Yes

124 24.03%
  • No

392 75.97%
Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Exclamation Mythic+ has done its job.

It's very interesting, when I look back at Mythic+ release and announcement I can only remember how great I thought it was. Why not bring such an awesome mechanic from Diablo into WoW and tweak it to greatness?

At the moment though, I've realized something very important about Mythic+. Blizzard knew WoW was failing in terms on re-playability and had to take measures to create a more re-playable environment for their players. They managed to create said environment with the creation of Mythic+. It was great.

It WAS great, now it's just an archaic tool and I find it funny that it became obsolete so fast. It's failing at its job as the tool Blizzard envisioned it as. So, Blizzard is starting to wean people.

They're actively changing Mythic+ into a lesser system. In my humble opinion, WoW has got no place for sub-par systems that will only start to corrupt other systems further into banality. I don't tolerate mediocrity in WoW because WoW simply shouldn't be a a mediocre game. I believe we can all agree on that hence work towards making sure such a thing doesn't happen.

It is very evident the community is starting to feel very attached to Mythic+ but not as something they love to do, but as a chore.

Mythic+ has done its job as the tool to reinvigorate re-playability in WoW but it is no longer working.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-05-03 at 10:52 AM.

I still enjoy doing Mythic+...

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I still enjoy doing Mythic+...
    I know I don't. It has become such a chore and now a chore with bad rewards.

How is it a chore? It is only a chore if you make it a chore.

You say it should be removed but you don't say anything as to what is wrong with it.

You say it should be removed but you don't say anything as to what is wrong with it.
    Well it's endlessly repetitive and has no completion. It's a chore to finish one 10 a week honestly. If you could just say "That's it. I've finished the dungeons on the highest difficulty and gotten the best loot possible," like you... used... to be able to do with Mythic raids, then it wouldn't be so bad. There's incentive and a clear end result where you no longer have to keep pushing.

I seriously hope it dies along with the -forged system of endless upgrade potential

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    If it's becoming a chore, you can just do something else. There are plenty of other games that I like, but if I play them too much they get stale, so I move on to something else, or go out, or do literally anything other than do the thing that's making me bored.

While Blizzard has some obligation to keep you entertained, they're under no obligation to keep you entertained indefinitely, because that's just not a reasonable expectation to place on anybody. If you don't like something any more, it's up to you to stop doing that thing instead of complaining about an issue that only exists in your head, and not for everybody else.
    But you can't do something else. It's become something you have to do weekly for the reward from the chest. It's something you can only obtain from that specific thing so you have to at least do a 10.

I never really liked challenge mode and mythic plus seemed to simply build on the problems challenge mode had for me.

I want a punishing dungeons with thought out trash pulls and mechanic intensive bosses. What I keep getting is a zerg fest followed by weird aoe builds and stun comps.

It just doesn't feel right to have the "harder" difficulty turn into hit all your aoe buttons harder.

It is very repetitive and the reward system is being butchered

If it's becoming a chore, you can just do something else. There are plenty of other games that I like, but if I play them too much they get stale, so I move on to something else, or go out, or do literally anything other than do the thing that's making me bored. Horizon is a great game, but I can't play it literally forever. That doesn't mean that the devs are at fault. That's on me.

While Blizzard has some obligation to keep you entertained, they're under no obligation to keep you entertained indefinitely, because that's just not a reasonable expectation to place on anybody. If you don't like something any more, it's up to you to stop doing that thing instead of complaining about an issue that only exists in your head, and not for everybody else.
    Indefinitely is different from re-playability. Mythic+ was created for the sake of controlled re-playability, not indefinite re playability. That isn't the issue.

The issue it that this tool is getting old. We expect new exciting things

I enjoy it.

Your 1 voice doesn't apply to around 10 million others...

You don't have to do it though. That's just addiction talking. If you don't do a +10 in a week your life outside WoW is wholly unaffected. Your perspective on this is really warped.
    Oh but you do. For the sake of competitiveness. How can you be competitive if you fall behind the ilevel race? And how in hell can you justify to your guild being lazy about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I enjoy it.

I'm sorry jasontheking1234 but WoW is nowhere near 5M subs, let alone 10M.

As for the argument itself, it's true. But data doesn't lie and it's a fact that people feel very bored about mythic+

You don't have to do it though. That's just addiction talking. If you don't do a +10 in a week your life outside WoW is wholly unaffected. Your perspective on this is really warped.
    That's not addiction lol what

They're saying "here is this super lucrative once a week reward you can only get by doing a 10 (soon to be 15)" why the fuck would you not feel pressured into doing it? It actively feels piss poor when all your friends open up their box and get 30 mil AP, legendaries and 905 dungeon gear for free and you didn't.

It is really repetative so I prefer skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I enjoy it.

The same could be said for you.
    The OP is not alone though.

Your poll is bad and you should feel bad.
    OT: No /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The same could be said for you.
    The OP is not alone though.
    Neither am I.

Also, there is such a thing as "Skipping", though. You could just NOT do it...

No. Mythic+ is the best feature ever added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Oh but you do. For the sake of competitiveness. How can you be competitive if you fall behind the ilevel race? And how in hell can you justify to your guild being lazy about it?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry jasontheking1234 but WoW is nowhere near 5M subs, let alone 10M.

As for the argument itself, it's true. But data doesn't lie and it's a fact that people feel very bored about mythic+
    I have an idea....

Just...just hear me out.

You could just use common sense and...SKIP IT?! :O Now there's something amazing you can do in an MMO....

Deleted
    Bad rewards ? mythic plusses have the best rewards aka best loot for most of the classes compared to raid loottables. RNG is RNG, that doesn`t make the rewards bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    That's not addiction lol what

They're saying "here is this super lucrative once a week reward you can only get by doing a 10 (soon to be 15)" why the fuck would you not feel pressured into doing it? It actively feels piss poor when all your friends open up their box and get 30 mil AP, legendaries and 905 dungeon gear for free and you didn't.
    1. Do some Heroic NH, and get better gear than them.

2. Do what they're doing, and start working.