10+ Year Old Account
    Datascape wasnt a bad raid. Avatus is quite fun actuly. (well exept the maze, keep getting knocked down - at least its not deadly)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Game is fun, but I feel like they still need to fix character customization. There's not enough hairstyles nor are there enough faces and hair colors.
    Would also be fun to have some new weapon types like 2H axes for warriors and so on.

Ohh and they really need to stop that call shit that you get when you return to the game because that is overwhelming as hell and turns a lot of returning players off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, one of the only alternatives I can think of is that this was a literal last minute promotion they're running in the hopes of getting folks to sub for this month? Even then it's a terrible idea, because they should be able to just start a new promotion with another 5-6 month running time.

That or they're scrounging for any last minute revenue before the close of the quarter? But this seems like a strange way to go about it...

I'm struggling to make heads or tails of this in general. Somehow I doubt caffeine will resolve this conundrum though : /
    Well maybe they've been given an ultimatum in regards to this quarters earnings? a certain super hero mmo didn't get such a fair shake in terms of income to spendings.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well maybe they've been given an ultimatum in regards to this quarters earnings? a certain super hero mmo didn't get such a fair shake in terms of income to spendings.
    Unlike CoH, WS doesn't have any competition in the near future. CoH had GW2 in the very near immediate future, and WS years down the road, with B&S slated after that. That's 3 major MMO's, 2 of which are Western, in a pretty short period of time. NCsoft looked at what CoH was doing performance wise and what the Paragon project was looking like, and decided that they wanted to focus all their efforts there. So they axed Paragon/CoH to both free up budget and, in their minds, some of the MMO market for their new projects. It was massively unpopular with CoH fans, obviously, but it at least makes a lick of business sense.

After WS we have what...well, we've got MxM, but that's a MOBA and not a MMORPG, so not really stepping on their toes. Lineage Eternal? That's an MMOARPG, so much closer but also an import so they've got lower expectations. So unlike CoH, NCsoft doesn't really have much in the way of a competitive lineup for WS to worry about, so there's less impetus on them to free up budget and market space if they think they can still wring some blood out of that stone.

Sorry for the rambling, people complaining about CoH getting closed down has driven me nuts over the years.

Either way, I'd considered that, but that doesn't really make much sense. Because with the promotion as it is right now, with barely a month left and no way to take advantage if you weren't already subbed, there's no reason for you to buy in. However, announce a promotion to sub for 3 months during the next 6, and get some rewards, that would be much more of an incentive for folks to pick up subs now.

Shit like that is why this is so confusing to me. The announcement of the promotion seems to do nothing but make Carbine look like they have no idea what the fuck they're doing, and like nobody is talking between departments within the company, or even at all.

@Edge

Don't worry man I'm perplexed too. As I said why announce this just as it's ending rather than a year ago and give people time to get it? Seems a stupid move on their part.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    For the lazy

New Prime Instances: Skullcano, Rage Logic, and Outpost M-13
    The Prime Difficulty instance rotation has been expanded to include one dungeon and two Expeditions with Skullcano, Rage Logic, and Outpost M-13. We hope players will enjoy the ability to venture through even more instance classics to experience new levels of challenge and reward!

New Feature: PvE Leaderboards
    Leaderboards have been expanded to include PvE content, allowing you to see how you measure up against other solo players or groups in Prime Expeditions, or how your group compares to others running Prime Dungeons. You can view completion times, medals, and group members for each instance, as well as browse individual Prime tiers to check out the competition at any level. See how you stack up against your peers for top bragging rights!

New Feature: Shared Realm Bank
    The new Shared Realm Bank allows you to deposit or withdraw items using a storage space that’s shared among all characters of the same realm on your account. To unlock your own Realm Bank, purchase the Shared Realm Bank Unlock from the In-Game Store and visit an Account Depositron wherever personal banks are found. Need even more space? No problem! The Realm Bank can be expanded to provide plenty of room for all your unbound and account-bound belongings.

New Fortunes: Madame Fay’s Prehistoric Island Paradise

Madame Fay is once again mustering her magical might to conjure up a whole new collection of captivating curiosities. For her latest offerings she’s chosen an island paradise theme, and in true larger-than-life Nexus fashion the Madame has included a healthy helping of prehistoric pre-hysteria! Learn more about Madame Fay’s new Fortunes.

1.7.1 Game Update Notes
    General
    Fixed an issue where Revolver Missiles were sometimes not showing.
    Cosmic Rewards
    Tier-8 Loyalty rewards have been added.
    Primal Essences
    Fixed a bug that allowed more than one Essence reward multiplier at a time to apply to Daily quests.
    Fixed a bug that caused players to no longer receive the World Boss Essence bonus if they left the Public Event area before the boss died.
    Fixed an issue where players could fail to properly receive Essences earned in dungeons and raids.
    Instances
    Grouping
    Fixed an issue that prevented Vote Kick from functioning properly in some situations.
    Scaling Items
    Scaling items dropped in a non-rallied normal dungeon will now have a base item level equal to the dungeon level, instead of player level, if the player level is higher than the dungeon level.
    Dungeons
    Fixed an issue to ensure players who die several times don’t qualify for a Gold medal.
    Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden
    Deathbringer Shallaos once again has her full range of abilities.
    Expeditions
    Evil from the Ether
    The Gold medal requirements are now more consistent with other Expeditions.
    They Came From Fragment Zero!
    Players who get disconnected after passing through airlocks will no longer find themselves locked outside after reconnecting.
    Content
    Contracts
    “Troubleshooter” will now correctly flag as completed when finishing Prime Evil from the Ether.
    Quests
    Whitevale
    Fixed an edge case during the quest “The Dominion Did It” where the Door Control Panel might fail to become operational.
    Tradeskills
    Technologist
    Epochos and Adventus formulas will now appropriately list prerequisites.
    User Interface
    Action Set Builder
    Fixed an issue where menu entry would sometimes not display correctly.
    Apollo API
    Fixed a client crash that could occur when working with reward rotations before the client fully loaded.
    Updated function: GameLib.GetRewardRotations() - The reward info tables returned now include a Granted value to indicate if the reward has already been earned.
    Incremented API version number to 15.
    Combat Log
    Fixed an issue where Kill Streak log lines would add an extra character before the player name in English.
    Holo-Wardrobe
    The Holo-Wardrobe can now be expanded to store up to an additional 2000 appearances, up from 500.
    MatchMaker
    Bonus rewards that have already been earned are now removed from the UI.
    A checkbox has been added to the Bonus Rewards tab to include bonuses that have already been earned.
    Fixed a lua error when getting a queue role check while looking at the Primal Rewards tab.
    WelcomeWindow
    Fixed a lua error that would happen when using a custom Mini-map addon that did not load dependencies that the WelcomeWindow used, but were loaded from the Mini-ma addon.

- - - Updated - - -

And this weekend, for those who have not done ? Or just love it

Everyone’s favorite hoverboard event is coming back to the near-future! Celebrate the Hoverboard zPrix Invitational from May 5 at 10:00am PDT until May 9 at 10:00am PDT the right way: by flying mere inches above the ground and completing insanely fun hoverboard courses (aka “zTracks”) for limited-time rewards!

Join the event by visiting the zemTech NPCs in Illium’s Conqueror’s Square or Thayd’s Champions Corner—where all high-quality event NPCs are found. There you’ll also find Dealer Dex, who sells a wide array of hoverboards found throughout Nexus, and a brand new hoverboard in the In-Game Store: the zBoard 79 Jenny!

Getting pumped? Check out the original Hoverboard zPrix Invitational deep dive by Morgan Brown for an event and zTrack overview. If you’re especially anxious to tear across the finish line, tune into twitch.tv/WildStar live this Friday, May 5 at 11:30am PDT to put your hoverboard skills to the test in a showdown against WildStar Game Director Chad “Pappy” Moore and Community Manager Jonathan “Conguero” Brown. Winners will receive the ultimate prize—internet bragging rights!
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2017-05-03 at 04:25 AM.

Seems it's just a small sized/QoL patch. Just adding in stuff that should have been in Primal Matrix prime wise, Shared space is finally nice and PvE leaderboards is used by a few other games so nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    SNIP.. I do think this game deserves more but well Carbine are kind of creating their own mess right now with the way it's poorly advertised.
    They lost their ambition about the game. Their will. They got a chance with F2P promotion, which brought it on its foot from knees but didn't make it run. So I highly doubt they are gonna make big changes to this game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynkeus View Post
    They lost their ambition about the game. Their will. They got a chance with F2P promotion, which brought it on its foot from knees but didn't make it run. So I highly doubt they are gonna make big changes to this game anymore.
    Well we dont know what its happening behind a CEO doors.

Well then it comes to the again community management problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    True, we don't. But usually it involves an intern secretary doing late hour work and that isn't going to save Wildstar one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Save ? does it need saving ? what you see is what you get

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Uhm it's in it's recovery phase still. Also with profit margins consistently down in a logistical term yes it does.

You seem to have changed your attitude again. A while ago you were attacking this game and saying it should just shut down along with all other MMOs. Pick a side and stick with it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-03 at 03:40 PM.

Well seeing how the game is still on Deaths doorstep...Ya it needs saving.

You change your feelings with this game more then I change cloths, One sec you say shut it down and next you say its fine....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well seeing how the game is still on Deaths doorstep...Ya it needs saving.

You change your feelings with this game more then I change cloths, One sec you say shut it down and next you say its fine....
    Sorry ? Apart from your post I'm not seeing the word fine!

But seeing you used the word fine I can tell you whats not fine, the patch crashed the servers!

Posted Today, 11:12 AM
    Next Developer Post »
    Update: 1:15pm PDT

All servers are now offline for urgent maintenance due to stability issues relating to today's game update. We're continuing to investigate this in order to determine a resolution as quickly as possible. We'll provide updates as soon as they are available.

We do apologize again for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

--

Original Message: 12:12pm PDT

Hello everyone,

We're currently investigating an issue with Leaderboard ranking data that was resulting in crashes on Jabbit (EU). This realm is currently offline for troubleshooting. Given that this may equally impact Entity (NA) once population increases in our approach to peak hours for players in North America, we're looking to address the root cause of the Leaderboard issue and will report back with updates when we have more information.

We apologize for the disruption in your play time and appreciate your patience.

Yours,

Team WildStar
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2017-05-03 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder if they even tested that patch.

Sorry ? Apart from your post I'm not seeing the word fine!

But seeing you used the word fine I can tell you whats not fine, the patch crashed the servers!

Posted Today, 11:12 AM
    Next Developer Post »
    Update: 1:15pm PDT

All servers are now offline for urgent maintenance due to stability issues relating to today's game update. We're continuing to investigate this in order to determine a resolution as quickly as possible. We'll provide updates as soon as they are available.

We do apologize again for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

--

Original Message: 12:12pm PDT

Hello everyone,

We're currently investigating an issue with Leaderboard ranking data that was resulting in crashes on Jabbit (EU). This realm is currently offline for troubleshooting. Given that this may equally impact Entity (NA) once population increases in our approach to peak hours for players in North America, we're looking to address the root cause of the Leaderboard issue and will report back with updates when we have more information.

We apologize for the disruption in your play time and appreciate your patience.

Yours,

Team WildStar
    You made the statement "does it need saving". Given your history in this Megathread you know exactly what you meant by it. From a financial point of view. Yes it does when the earnings each quarter so far have be consistently down to the point they merged it with other products to hide that. Don't try and be disingenuous here. Also what it needs now more than anything is new players and sadly it cannot retain new players.

And again you seem to be on this weird pendulum with this game. First you like it, then it goes F2P and you hate it, then you like it again and then suddenly for no apparent reason you hate the Matrix despite the patch being quite decent for both casual players and players who want to push themselves.

Also what this tells me is Leaderboards went untested and they just wanted to push this out for retention rather than anything else.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-03 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Makes me wonder if they even tested that patch.
    I used the PTR and the new patch worked without any problem! Don't think I've played any game that's not broken at some point moving PTR to live, seems even in 2017 games companies can't get it right.

I used the PTR and the new patch worked without any problem! Don't think I've played any game that's not broken at some point moving PTR to live, seems even in 2017 games companies can't get it right.
    Oh please don't do that. Bugs are common. One tiny piece of content crashing the entire servers is not normal. As per usual you attempt to deflect to "oh other companies have bugs/do it so it's fine if Carbine do" when it really isn't. This is a modern MMO. It should have some form of quality control.

Stop deflecting and stick to the fact it's happened to Wildstar.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-03 at 09:05 PM.