Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    @Gaidax just be careful with wording next time. :P "Very good pick" can be misconstrued as "a very good buy" like we should be telling someone to buy a 1080 Ti a year from now, literally everything points to that not being true. :P Now yes, will you more than likely be well with a 1080 Ti a year from now? I have no doubt, unless something ridiculous happens - but even then, if you stay on a 4k or less monitor, you're probably going to be okay, for most titles, at least.
    I am under no illusion that 1080Ti is the pinnacle of human evolution. Its task is simple for me - give me best quality possible @60Hz frame rate in AAA titles in the next 2 years at 2K resolution and then 1 another year of almost best quality @60Hz frame rate, which I am sure it will accomplish.

2-3 years from now it will be a very good mid-range solution performance-wise and mid-range solutions will be aiming at optimal 2K, fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am under no illusion that 1080Ti is the pinnacle of human evolution. Its task is simple for me - give me best quality possible @60Hz frame rate in AAA titles in the next 2 years at 2K resolution and then 1 another year of almost best quality @60Hz frame rate, which I am sure it will accomplish.

2-3 years from now it will be a very good mid-range solution performance-wise and mid-range solutions will be aiming at optimal 2K, fine by me.
    a GTX 1070 can do 2k at 60 hz fine for the next year or 2 no need for a 1080ti.

That's all well and good, but does it have RGB lighting? You need RGB lighting or it's completely worthless.
    CPU: Intel i9-14900k | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z790-F
    GPU: ASUS Strix 4070 TI Super | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR5 32GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

10+ Year Old Account
    You know... "2K" is technically 2048x1080. What you guys are trying to refer to is QHD which is 2560x1440. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosottel View Post
    Throwing a lot of money on something that will be pure shit in several months
    Spotted the clueless console peasant.

Warning: This post is not constructive, please just report people you believe to be trolling or post nonconstructively.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2017-05-07 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Yes that was on air. Put water on it and you will go over the 2075 MHz mark. I would NEVER EVER use that kind of money on a single computer component.

I just think is a cool card, wich is aimed at the top elite in OC'ing and benching

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the standart clocks are not that good. But the card is made for high OC'ing and being able to handle LN2. This card is made for people like K|NGP|N.

I would love to have a card like that and to be able to play with LN2 and do some cool Bencing, but i will never use that kind of money on stuff like that. Im to cheap
    You are wrong.

But hey what do I know, I only have a watercooled 1080ti SLI setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosottel View Post
    Throwing a lot of money on something that will be pure shit in several months
    Oh, you're talking about the Xbone and PS4 right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You know... "2K" is technically 2048x1080. What you guys are trying to refer to is QHD which is 2560x1440. Thanks.
    Oh look, one of those guys...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Not at the quality I aim at.

Oh look, one of those guys...

- - - Updated - - -

Not at the quality I aim at.
    probably because you don't know that the resolution you are reffering to is not the resolution you want to play at. (as Artorius already mentioned)

10+ Year Old Account
    probably because you don't know that the resolution you are reffering to is not the resolution you want to play at. (as Artorius already mentioned)
    Listen, pal, you can be anal about all you like, but the fact is those who are above this bullshit understand very well what I mean. Seemed to have no problem in translation until you and your buddy there barged in derailing this shit.

So yeah, I could say QHD or 1440p, but you know what? If I say 2K, people will get it just fine too, so get over yourselves.

Listen, pal, you can be anal about all you like, but the fact is those who are above this bullshit understand very well what I mean. Seemed to have no problem in translation until you and your buddy there barged in derailing this shit.

So yeah, I could say QHD or 1440p, but you know what? If I say 2K, people will get it just fine too, so get over yourselves.
    you would make a semi decent politician, saying one thing while meaning another.

10+ Year Old Account
    you would make a semi decent politician, saying one thing while meaning another.
    You know it, I am a man of many talents. Maybe you will even vote for me without knowing.

Sure but a 1080ti can do it 70% better

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Sure but a 1080ti can do it 70% better
    You got me there.

A 1080ti is not needed for 2K(1080p), even 2-3 years from now. Not sure you know what you are talking about at all. Seriously, if you think a 1080ti is needed for 2K(1080p), you have been drinking far too much of nvidias kool-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    A 1080ti is not needed for 2K(1080p), even 2-3 years from now. Not sure you know what you are talking about at all. Seriously, if you think a 1080ti is needed for 2K(1080p), you have been drinking far too much of nvidias kool-aid.
    OK, for especially gifted ones, I am using 1080Ti for 1440p, kthxbai.

For 60fps at medium-high settings, no. For 100+ at Ultra hell yeah, 1080ti plus more.

OK, for especially gifted ones, I am using 1080Ti for 1440p, kthxbai.
    Well, after reading the rest of the thread and then this, I don't know what to say. You know the difference, but choose to continue to call 1440p 2k anyway. I mean, why don't you just call your 1080ti a Titan while your at it, people will know what you are talking about right? How about call i5's i7's. People will understand right? Simple fact of the matter is, 2K is not 1440p, so why call it that?

Look, here is a real 2K monitor:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...38&ignorebbr=1

If you say 2K, that's what people are going to think you mean, because that is what they will find when searching for a 2K monitor. Just like when you say 1080ti you mean a 1080ti and when you say i5 you mean a 4c/4t CPU and when you say i7 you mean a 4+c/8+t CPU. It's pretty simple to understand, but I guess you are too gifted to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    For 60fps at medium-high settings, no. For 100+ at Ultra hell yeah, 1080ti plus more.
    Yeah, that's why they called them the 1080 and 1080ti right? Because they are the perfect GPUs for 1080p resolution. Nothing else cuts it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It looks awesome but alas 10mm too big for my case

- - - Updated - - -

1: 2K is an older panel resolution that was superseded by 1080p, a shame really as it was better IMO, but movies saw 1080p popularity surpass that of 2K and 1920x1200.

2: My 980ti has trouble keeping the framerate up in some fast paced games with everything maxed at 1080p, currently waiting on AMD before I decide wither to upgrade to 1080ti or Vega.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after reading the rest of the thread and then this, I don't know what to say. You know the difference, but choose to continue to call 1440p 2k anyway. I mean, why don't you just call your 1080ti a Titan while your at it, people will know what you are talking about right? How about call i5's i7's. People will understand right? Simple fact of the matter is, 2K is not 1440p, so why call it that?

Look, here is a real 2K monitor:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...38&ignorebbr=1

If you say 2K, that's what people are going to think you mean. Just like when you say 1080ti you mean a 1080ti and when you say i5 you mean a 4c/4t CPU and when you say i7 you mean a 4+c/8+t CPU. It's pretty simple to understand, but I guess you are too gifted to get it.
    No, it's just some people prefer to be anal about nuances and you are all too happy to jump in into the trolling circlejerk.

Now if you don't mind I got some gaming to do and I'd rather not mingle with GTX960 FHD plebs, I may get a rage bug.

Infracted - Mythbredor
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2017-05-03 at 09:50 PM.