Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    What do you think Blizz are up to?
    I think they're working on building games. No one said you have to play their games. Move on, man, it's really OK if you don't enjoy their games.

I like to compare Blizzard with a rock band like Metallica.

All the good stuff are behind them but even if they make something new, that you don't like, they will sell the shit out of anybody else.
    Even if you don't like it or I don't like, they sells, like a company should do and Blizzard are doing a great job for making money with their product.

Oh and btw, yes HS, D3 , Hots are shit.
    SC maybe
    The other RPG, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Compared to other companies, Blizzard makes some of the most high quality games with the best support. Also, all games are repetitive.
    This.

You're just burned out, OP. Take a break.

Deleted
    If only this damn Blizzard employer next to me cuold stop pointing a gun at my head and force me to play this shitty games and just let me enjoy the thousend other gaming experiences we have in 2017.....

/s

For WoW I'd be inclined to agree... Legion has been nothing but lazy design with their approach on how to keep people playing, a number of which I have lost a lot of respect for the company. For a P2P game it's getting dangerously close to F2P territory.

For their other games not so much.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-05-03 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many have left the team, the games feel dated. Let's look at them actually.

Wow - freefall, it's just constant rehashing at this point. Legion was actually 'OK' at the start, but essentially more of the same. 7/10 a fair mark. Playing vanilla on a free server is surprisingly excellent. A sad nod towards where we are now. It's obviously not just nostalgia. They could look at their roots.
    Diablo 3 - has been stagnant for years now. Now just a slot machine. Never really had great support or desire from Blizz to develop. No monthly fee, minimal store purchases if any.
    Starcraft 2 - Well, it arrived with trumpets of greatness. Has not done much lately. Did it ever. Not much of a money maker for Blizzard other than Esport licensing. The horror.
    Heroes of the Storm - An ok experiment. Not much to say about this. OK it's crap.
    Hearthstone - money making exercise tied in with mobile stuff. Yawn. You know it.
    Overwatch - nice FPS. Repetitive. Boring for many. Other than those that like to play team fps. Blizzard game? An fps? With no single player?

So there you have it. Good marks for Wow and Overwatch, hence why this post belongs in this section. Diablo 3 could also be a good one but it's really alarmingly abandoned by Blizzard and this leads to the crux of this post.

What the hell are Blizzard up to? Once the bastion of hype and excitement, immersive gaming with promise and adventure. And addictive games to boot.
    They are silent. Something is coming. I think it's Wow2 and a refresh of Diablo, but I am still surprised others have not noticed this. It's most unlike them. They have the franchises, the ones that generate a lot money.

Reading through your list, you're really shitting on all their products. Why is it so difficult for someone to simply walk away? To continue to participate in something you don't enjoy is pure insanity. If (x) company starts providing a service or product that is not up to par with previous standards, or my own standards... I look elsewhere. The biggest impact you or anyone else can have on a product you dislike is to not buy it.

Lets put numbers into perspective for a second. Quite a while ago WoW hit a landmark of over 100 million people that had purchased and tried WoW at some point. You are one person in a sea of faces.

Its really hard for most people to comprehend large numbers (not an insult, a fact) There are only 8.3 million possible combinations of DNA. So in a group of 100 million people you could literally find an exact genetic match to yourself (assuming it was evenly distributed) 10+ times.

If you were to count to a million, one number, every second... it would take you 2 weeks. Most companies are still trying to master the art of processing "big data" business decisions, design decisions are based on data analytics... not anecdotal experiences. The reality is that Blizzard does not have the time to process or respond to everyone's "feedback".

Lets say Blizzard decided to take the initiative to take stock in the opinions of every single ACTIVE player. Do you even have a clue the amount of man power, or human resource hours would be required to collect, process, analyze, and compile such data? Lets assume there are 2 million active players. What is the amount of time and then the dollar amount that would be required for such an undertaking?

The biggest known private server only hit 150,000 registered accounts. Which doesn't take into account certain factors... but even 150k is a small number when compared to the 100+ million of registered users. 150k isn't even a drop in the bucket.

You claim it is "surprisingly excellent" and I'm not doubting your experience. But the point is that isn't data, its an anecdotal experience. In the grand scheme of things... it means nothing. You lack the tools and data to make any sort of claims about the future of the game, the current status of the game, and/or what business decisions they should make.

WoW: Freefall? do you have any data to support that? I assume you'll pull up a subscription graph right? How basic bitch. There are many reasons why that doesn't show the full picture. Probably the most telling being that charts ends at the beginning of WoD... meaning anything you have to add is pure speculation. You basically wiped your ass and looking at patterns of your shit stain are predicting the future. Reliable.

Diablo 3: I've never really been a huge fan myself, so i can't weigh in. But my understanding is the game type never really had a ton of depth. With the failure of the real money auction house it lost a lot of its sustainability.

Starcraft 2: Has a huge following particularly in Asia. You try to minimize the esports thing like its insignificant, and not only are your assumption false they are so completely misguided. Blizzard games didn't really take off until battle.net. Their esports presence was revolutionary, and they have expressed a desire to be the front runner in that arena again. Esports is a top priority for Blizzard.

HotS: From the beginning it didn't really feel like this had a ton of depth either. It evolved from a Starcraft 2 mod, and after spending a ton of money and losing the lawsuit against DotA 2. It really seem to lose traction. But that doesn't mean it isn't a success or that they don't make money off it. Is it better than LoL? Who's to say... but the great thing about ice cream is all the flavors.

Hearthstone: Is a great mobile card game if you're into that. As far as card games go... its the absolute best out there (imo). Now I don't play it much, but when I do I have a great time. Heaven forbid Blizzard has a title in the mobile arena to make money... you really gonna fault them for that?

Overwatch: You clearly just don't like the genre. That's fine, that your opinion there are MILLIONS of people who disagree with you.

Again bottom line you lack any real data to back up your claim that Blizzard has gone stale. Financial statements show profitability. As long as Blizzard remains profitable it isn't stale. If you refer merely to their creativity (that's a highly subjective claim).

For the crowd that actively seeks out private servers, and the nostalgia therein, no expansion (regardless how good) will ever live up to that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Wow - Loot slot machine
    Diablo - Loot slot machine
    HS - Loot slot machine
    HotS - Loot slot machine
    OW - Loot slot machine

Yep, seems about right.
    This is the problem. ALL of their games seem to be adopting this as their foundation for keeping people hooked when it used to be that each of their titles had something different going for them. And blizzard desperately needs to move away from trying to stuff esports into all of their games and stuffing it down our throats and focus more on community building.

Despite being one of the shittiest and disappointing games of the decade destiny keeps an amazing following of a decent number of players because of a super active community surrounding it. It hornstrly reminds me of wow back in the days with Warcraft movies and the advent of YouTube stardom. I think destiny learned a major lesson from blizzard titles and I think blizzard should return the favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool opinions OP. They're wrong but cool nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet, you can't stay away. Sounds like they are still doing a good job.

Deleted
    I do play blizzard games a ton, but im pretty sure i wouldn't if my friends werent there. Blizzard has not surprised me in ages, so i kinda agree with the statement. I still remember the days they did surprise me though, i guess im hanging on to see if that happens again (not expecting it to happen but hey).

Deleted
    No offense OP, but you just burped out a bunch of complaints about blizzard games that nobody forces you to play on a forum where most of the posters suffer from the delusion that WoW is still the best MMO on the market, without providing any constructive feedback.

Soo, does this thread have a point? What did you plan to accomplish with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Agree wow is incredible stale and rehashed. Ofcourse new wow stuff gets new stories and models/texture. But the gameplay and overall feel is exactly the same. Way to repetitive with very bad RPG feel. I want some new cool shit and the world need to feel more alive and dynamic.

- when you hide in bushes your nameplate disappears, like the other mmo, dont remember the name
    - if someone ganks you, you loose gold and even some of your loot
    - mounted combat..you should have 3-5 abilities as you can use with your mount
    - if you die on your mount, your mount takes damage and cant be used until you do certain things
    - all addons that give direction and gameplay help should be banned
    - max zoom distance greatly reduced, with mist and bad weather decrease it further
    - completely take over cities, maybe with help of your AI king, if you grind enough resources and he believes we have a good chance.
    - legendary that only exist in 1-2 pieces but can be dropped and looted, for example a legendary that is essential to bring down a town defense
    - not to be to annoying for pure pve players..let the loot be more knowledge based..for example you get receipt for a sick sword..so if you get ganked, you can remake it..but the ganker can not
    - no teleport directly to dungeon
    - no pull 10 normal mobs and easy kill them..every AI mob outside has a chance to kill you.. the world needs to be dangerous..slow down the play to make it feel more alive and therefore making it less repetitive
    AAAAAAAAAAAAND you've lost about 2/3s of the remaining player base in WoW

Lazy post rehashing cliche arguments with minimal originality.

Deleted
    I agree wow should stop rehashing old content... we keep revisiting zones, dungeons, raids etc... to the point we have two versions of Outland and both a Dala and a NewDala.. maybe something in the old world... new zones added to kalimdor and eastern kingdom, we have been getting a "island" over and over and over now with the exception of cata..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They still surprise me with surprisingly fun and interesting games or gameplay. Hearthstone I might not play all that much anymore, but I do enjoy watching it. Heroes of the Storm was only a middling interest before, but the recent patch got me excited to play. Legion has been off my radar most of the time, but with this latest patch I've jumped back onboard and been having fun with it. SC2 needs something to keep it from getting stale being Co-op, I think, but Co-op was a big shot in the arm.

I really wish they'd release a Single Player for Overwatch, though, and Diablo 3 needs more than a new class.

yeah yeah, save it OP faggot. People have been whining about blizzard losing its touch since vanilla beta 13 years ago. Fuck yaself scrub cunt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Many have left the team, the games feel dated. Let's look at them actually.

Wow - freefall, it's just constant rehashing at this point. Legion was actually 'OK' at the start, but essentially more of the same. 7/10 a fair mark. Playing vanilla on a free server is surprisingly excellent. A sad nod towards where we are now. It's obviously not just nostalgia. They could look at their roots.
    Diablo 3 - has been stagnant for years now. Now just a slot machine. Never really had great support or desire from Blizz to develop. No monthly fee, minimal store purchases if any.
    Starcraft 2 - Well, it arrived with trumpets of greatness. Has not done much lately. Did it ever. Not much of a money maker for Blizzard other than Esport licensing. The horror.
    Heroes of the Storm - An ok experiment. Not much to say about this. OK it's crap.
    Hearthstone - money making exercise tied in with mobile stuff. Yawn. You know it.
    Overwatch - nice FPS. Repetitive. Boring for many. Other than those that like to play team fps. Blizzard game? An fps? With no single player?

So there you have it. Good marks for Wow and Overwatch, hence why this post belongs in this section. Diablo 3 could also be a good one but it's really alarmingly abandoned by Blizzard and this leads to the crux of this post.

What the hell are Blizzard up to? Once the bastion of hype and excitement, immersive gaming with promise and adventure. And addictive games to boot.
    They are silent. Something is coming. I think it's Wow2 and a refresh of Diablo, but I am still surprised others have not noticed this. It's most unlike them. They have the franchises, the ones that generate a lot money.

I agree that WoW is pretty bad now. It feels outdated, and the content is just not there anymore. They should seriously just end its misery.

Starcraft.....like blizzard dropped the ball big time on this game. It could've been great but they sat on the success of SCII for way too long.

Diablo 3: I doubt many people can continually grind this game and retain their sanity.

Hots: meh....nothing special compared to other MOBAs

Hearthstone: It's basically p2w.

Overwatch: Haven't played this a whole lot but it's a good game. Jeff Kaplan knows how to make a fun game. He's the man.

Blizzard has zero creativity left. At this point their stories are right about at "Twilight" fan-fiction, as they are just churning out cheesy stuff based on old lore. Overwatch is a piece of a game. . .because Blizzard couldn't make "Titan." Hearthstone doesn't have 70 million players, it has that many accounts. Tons of people played it for a week or a few weeks then moved on.

ALL Blizzard's games cost money to maintain. Few of Blizzard's games bring in much revenue these days.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had at LEAST 1 Blizzard game in my Game rotation for at least 2 decades now.

There is always something made by Blizzard worth playing to me. The only other Companies I've had in a regular rotation of games is Bethesda and Squaresoft and even they lack the sheer amount of time invested that Blizzard games have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    Few of Blizzard's games bring in much revenue these days.
    That must totally be why they keep making more and more profit every year

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler alert: the video game industry is an ever-evolving entity.

Staff retire or move to different departments/companies, some quit, some get fired, some are probably locked in storage without pay while watching the squirrels get married and threatening to burn the building down.

Kind of like.. you know... every other job, especially if someone's been doing it for two decades+ and A) has a better opportunity, B) is tired of the same old shit, C) doesn't ike change within the cube they've been living in for said amount of time so they quit or move elsewhere, D) etcetcetc.

They haven't gone stale.

They just (and always will) do shit that players will disagree with, if not downright hate (because nobody is ever happy with anything anymore, right?).

LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR GAMING COMPANY.

EVER.

They just don't get talked about as much and their faults aren't blatantly discussed 10000 times a day because WE PLAY WOW AND BLIZZARD GAMES AND HAVE FOR YEARS so nobody gives a shit to pay attention to any other game or company unless it's new and "omg this game is so great" happens for a week or a month and vanishes into zero fucks.

Edit: TLDR: find a new game or company to complain about and stop wasting forum space that should be reserved for your Live/Dead Journal instead.
    Last edited by Dialout; 2017-05-03 at 10:32 PM.