Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] Pocket Mobile (Unreleased)

Starting a mega thread for the mobile game "Pocket Mobile" (Unreleased). This is a mobile game for your phone that isn't officially released in the US yet. However you can download and start playing it now. It's similar to other mobile games in how it works off microtransactions, dungeons, etc. However this is isn't a pokemon ripoff, it's the actual pokemon from the series. So far there is very little information out there to find so hoping to collect more on the game here.

- - - Updated - - -

FFirst question: how do you get new pokemon outside missions?

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    However this is isn't a pokemon ripoff, it's the actual pokemon from the series
    ??? Is this post an advertisement or what? I checked the Google Play Store for the app, and found it. Maybe it's because they're new generation or some bullshit, but I don't recognize a single Pokemon in the pictures. Not only that, it doesn't use the word "Pokemon" even once in the description.

So is this a legitimate Pokemon app or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ??? Is this post an advertisement or what? I checked the Google Play Store for the app, and found it. Maybe it's because they're new generation or some bullshit, but I don't recognize a single Pokemon in the pictures. Not only that, it doesn't use the word "Pokemon" even once in the description.

It's not. Those creatures aren't Pokemon. However, many of the designs are very similar (almost direct copies in some cases, just in a different art style) to existing Pokemon, so it's clearly meant to draw in Pokemon fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It's not. Those creatures aren't Pokemon. However, many of the designs are very similar (almost direct copies in some cases, just in a different art style) to existing Pokemon, so it's clearly meant to draw in Pokemon fans.
    1. this isn't an advertisement anymore than any other mega thread is.

2. If you actually play it your first monster is a "charmander" and sure enough it's a charmander. It's not an official game but it's an exact copy of pokemon down to the spelling. This isn't an advertisement my friend found this yesterday and it hasn't been out long. There is next to no information available on the game outside tutorials.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. this isn't an advertisement anymore than any other mega thread is.

2. If you actually play it your first monster is a "charmander" and sure enough it's a charmander. It's not an official game but it's an exact copy of pokemon down to the spelling. This isn't an advertisement my friend found this yesterday and it hasn't been out long. There is next to no information available on the game outside tutorials.
    I was just going by the images shown on the Google Play Store page, which are definitely not Pokemon, whether or not they're called that in the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I was just going by the images shown on the Google Play Store page, which are definitely not Pokemon, whether or not they're called that in the game itself.
    It's basically one of those terrible Pokemon knock offs. Like all those Hearthstone Clones that you see in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's basically one of those terrible Pokemon knock offs. Like all those Hearthstone Clones that you see in China.
    yeah it's a cloned knock off but it's a pretty decent game as far as freemium games go. It has stuff for you to do almost all the time. The monsters are straight up carbon copies of pokemon down to the name, image, and elemental type. You have a bunch of things you can upgrade to increase power which become gating points later on in the game. Combat is old turn based style so it feels like the old game. You even have the safari level where you can run around and catch pokemon like you used to.

As far as my original questions about the game. Pokemon collecting is slow as most pokemon will come from the safari and missions. they have the cash/diamond shop that let's you roll on random stuff with the possibility of getting legendaries. There isn't anything original but graphics are decent and it feels a lot like the old game. so check it out if your bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    So... it's a pay to win Pokemon clone game. Woot.
    yep and it's in the unreleased beta stage. It's only been out about 2 weeks or so. I gathered some more research and found out that it's being made by the people who own pokemon hence why they are using pokemon images, names, etc. What they don't own is the name pokemon as well as the name of professor oak and such.

As to game mechanics they are the following.
    Myst capture zone: basically the safari zone
    bonding friendship: certain pokemon "bond" with each other so keeping a copy for your team will boost their damage. you also get missions for extra stuff with them.
    pvp: both a real life person and npc to play
    friendship, skill points (moves), attributes, carry items, "fusion" (aka eating other monsters/cleaning bags/reason to catch the same pokemon again),
    boss battles: lair, world, etc.
    battles: main game mechanic of turn based 3v3 pokemon battles that makes up the most of the gameplay

15+ Year Old Account
    Good lord does this game look like a mess the sooner nintendo shuts it down the better.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    The hammer is going to freaking drop in this nonsense.

it's being made by the people who own pokemon hence why they are using pokemon images, names, etc. What they don't own is the name pokemon as well as the name of professor oak and such.
    How does this even make sense? And I'm pretty sure this isn't being made by GameFreak or Nintendo, the companies who own Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a original game, almost as original as proket munsteens from china.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

15+ Year Old Account
    whats worse is all the pictures of monsters on the store page look nothing like pokemon just so they don't get IP infringement strikes.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Yes i have it for android

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HadesYoworld View Post
    Yes i have it for android

Congratulations you're a thief how does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Congratulations you're a thief how does it feel?
    I have it cuz i saw a ad for it on pickcrafter and it looked cool so i downloaded it

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that works quite like that mate...
    Guilt by association in my books.

Still not how it works and I doubt he really gives a shit about your books.
    Thank you!

Still not how it works and I doubt he really gives a shit about your books.
    either way it's a fun game. i'll be playing it until it's shutdown

Deleted
    i cant find the in the game mentioned facebook fanpage. could someone please post a link for me? thanks