Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty much anyone. Trump has already made an idiot of himself so many times in 3 months, and seems to not be interested in unifying the country, further dividing it with shit talking on Twitter, and attempted backwards laws (that have thankfully failed) that will take away more from the average citizen both in terms of rights and finance.

Not even the uneducated rural voters can ignore his idiocy for too long. By the time 2020 has rolled around, either Pence will be the new president or Trump is going to get a humility check. I expect a fairly moderate yet relatively unknown democrat.

At this point, Satan's cock could run for President with zombie Hitler for a VP, and it'd stand a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case people were to busy hating Clinton to miss it she's been very clear that she's done. And there is no way the Dems would put her up again in 2020. Anyone stating otherwise hasn't been paying attention.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2017-05-03 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    In case people were to busy having Clinton to miss it she's been very clear that she's done. And there is no way the Dems would put her up again in 2020. Anyone stating otherwise hasn't been paying attention.
    No they will put pocahontas up in 2020.

Another literal piece of shit would have a pretty good chance at uniting both the donald-haters and the piece-of-shit lovers who voted for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    A) Spoilers: assume America will be engaged in a new war before 2020. In that case, people won't want to switch horses in mid-stride, so they will stay with whoever the Trump cabinet candidate is (if it's not Trump himself, than Ivanka, etc).

B) Honestly, I don't have high hopes that the DNC will have their shit together before 2020. From what I've seen in the first 100 days, the establishment DNC is still shoring up their defenses against their own Leftist base - installing new corporatist faces with the same old ideology and disdain for their own constituents. Whoever the DNC runs I suspect will be a Hillary-sized clusterfuck again - which means the balls is still going to be in the GOP court for 2020.

My early prediction for 2020 is a GOP win.

That's barring a colossal fuckup the size of which I can't even fathom (given how big the current fuckups are and how impervious Trump is) - maybe if Donald was caught on camera literally fellating Putin? Then his base might leave him. Or.... maybe the Trump supporters would instead change their minds and come out in support of homosexual blowjobs (but anal is still the devil's work!). Like I said, I can't even fathom the enormity of the fuckup the GOP would have to make to sink Trump.

I also doubt the DNC will have their shit together - and they need to have their shit together - because running against an incumbent is like fighting with a handicap. Plus Trump is likely to be a wartime president by then, so it will be perceived as unpatriotic to switch parties during a war. Plus the GOP is hard at work changing election laws and voting districts to even further favor them over the next decade - which makes winning the electoral college even harder next time than it already was. That's three good reasons why winning 2020 will be harder for the Democrats than 2016, not easier.

So all our hope falls to a third party candidate? Not...looking...good....

By 2024, my prediction is America is full-on The Handmaid's Tale. (This prediction is slightly more of a dark joke, I... hope)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is what she was promised to keep silent during the Democratic run-off. If Hillary wins, she would likely have become Secretary of State or something. If Hillary loses, she would be the DNC candidate in 2020. If Bernie wins she likely would have been cabinet anyways. It must have appeared win/win/win to her. I can't imagine the deal for her was anything less - because she clearly knew what she was doing by backing Hillary through omission.

To be honest, I don't think they will run her now. Her whole appeal was being able to inspire the Left. That edge is lost when many of the Bernie voters view her as a traitor, or at least a fairweather progressive / corporatist-in-hemp-clothing.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-05-03 at 06:30 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You are mixing up your insults with the people they belong to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ivanka Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A) No spoilers for world history but - we should assume there will be a new war before 2020. In that case, people won't want to switch horses in mid-stride, so they will stay with whoever the Trump cabinet candidate is (if it's not Trump himself, than Ivanka, etc).
    I totally understand why you are saying this, but I really don't know if we can use the previous set of rules in the current environment. If people feel that the war was entirely unnecessary and due to Trump's bungling of foreign policy it may very well drive him out of office at the ballot box. Of course if something happens similar to 9/11 (minus the whole lying about WMDs thing) then sure, it'll give him a boost.

B) Honestly, I don't have high hopes that the DNC will have their shit together before 2020.
    Not just the DNC, but the base too. I'm still hearing fighting between Hillary and Bernie supporters. There is a whole lot of purity test nonsense about a variety of issues. The left is currently eat its own tail instead of trying to be a true resistance. Thank goodness the GOP is also trying to eat its own tail right now as well.

That's barring a colossal fuckup the size of which I can't even fathom (given how big the current fuckups are and how impervious Trump is) - maybe if Donald was caught on camera literally fellating Putin? Then his base might leave him.
    Trump's base will never leave him. Never. Because they believe the only source of truth is Trump himself and Trump will never admit to any wrongdoing. But his base isn't actually that big -- which means if he doesn't win over a portion of independents, his base won't cut it.

- - - Updated - - -

If Hillary loses, she would be the DNC candidate in 2020.
    I could very well be wrong, but I just don't think she wants to run. Either she views herself as more valuable in her current position or she just doesn't want to deal with the presidency. (which..who could blame her?)

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I just cant see anyone beating Donald in 2020. The only person I can see that might have a chance is "Uncle" Joe Biden. But I dont know if he'll even bother running or would want to run for president. Maybe if Barrack made him?
    Elizabeth Warren: Trump won the rust belt on Bernie and Warrens populist rhetoric. Also Wall Street fucking HATES HER
    Jaquin Castro: Trump HUD secretary and former member of congress. Young, intelligent, and hispanic heritage
    Michelle Obama: Yes I am serious
    Terry McCaulithe: Big maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Trump won't run in 2020. He will be either

1. impeached before that
    2. dead
    3. too sick
    4. too old and tired
    5. not popular enough
    6. unwilling to be the president
    7. in jail

or a combination of these things.
    Trump is already talking about how its harder being POTUS than living his old life. Howard Stern had it right. He knew Trump would regret winning. I mean Trump had it made. Knockout Wife. Celeb status children. Tons of money. Houses, success, lots of time to do whatever the hell he wanted. He gave all of that up. No way he runs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Elizabeth Warren: Trump won the rust belt on Bernie and Warrens populist rhetoric. Also Wall Street fucking HATES HER
    Jaquin Castro: Trump HUD secretary and former member of congress. Young, intelligent, and hispanic heritage

Personally I would put money on Sherrod Brown:

1. From Ohio and popular here (takes away Ohio from Trump)
    2. One of the more liberal members of the Senate (Progressive will be less skeptical of him vs the other democrats)
    3. Not as old as the other major runners (still 64 but that's young compared to other Democrats/Trump)
    4. Populist before populism became popular (he is the most Anti-NAFTA/Trade in the senate)
    5. Major labor union ties (takes back the Democrats that barely pushed Trump over the line to the win).

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't she completely shoot this idea down in a relatively recent interview?

Haha, not a chance. None of them even get the Dem nod.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't have high hopes that the DNC will have their shit together before 2020. From what I've seen in the first 100 days, the establishment DNC is still shoring up their defenses against their own Leftist base - installing new corporatist faces with the same old ideology and disdain for their own constituents. Whoever the DNC runs I suspect will be a Hillary-sized clusterfuck again - which means the balls is still going to be in the GOP court for 2020.

My early prediction for 2020 is a GOP win.
    Well said about the DNC. The corporatist, neo-liberal idiots who control it are doubling down.

With regards to the mid-terms next year, I think it's a wash. The Democrats are defending way more seats than the GOP. More importantly, I think about half the Democratic seats up for grabs are in states that Trump won by a wide margin. So I predict no change in control of either the House or the Senate, though some of the seats may shift a bit.

1 possibility which @Faroth touched on, is that Trump chooses not to run for a 2nd term. He'll be 74 years old at that time.

I think he'll make an announcement in late 2019 that " due to the advice of my doctors, and after many conversations with the First Lady, I have decided not to seek another term as your President. Serving in this office has been the greatest honor of my life, and I'm happy to have accomplished many of the things I set out to do; most importantly, appointing good justices to the Supreme Court."

He then asks everyone who supported him to back Mike Pence, who then announces that he's running for President in 2020.

Pence/Haley 2020 would be a hell of a strong ticket: both former governors, an incumbent VP, and the US ambassador to the UN. Also, the GOP would find it very satisfying that the first woman (and Indian-American) elected to one of the nation's two highest offices was a Republican; a way of lol'ing in the Democrats' faces.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-05-03 at 06:38 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    2020 is Vermin Supreme's year.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

We need a Democrat governor of a swing state. May I present

John Hickenlooper

Of Colorado. I don't know if the weed thing will hold him back or not.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Pence/Haley 2020 would be a hell of a strong ticket
    I really have doubts about Pence being able to pull in moderates. He's pretty extreme on the right. The only reason that isn't coming out now is because Trump sucks up all the oxygen in the room. But this religious freedom initiative -- it has Pence's fingerprints all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We need a Democrat governor of a swing state. May I present

John Hickenlooper

Of Colorado. I don't know if the weed thing will hold him back or not.
    If nothing else "President Hickenlooper" would give people a chuckle. What a name!

Ray Rice could beat Trump at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!