Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As weird as it may sound, this change has made the addon much, much better in my opinion.
    The confirmation takes really no time whatsoever, which is the only possible drawback.
    Compared to before, however, I now have notably less people joining that are 2000+ yards away, it appears to now prevent the unintentional switching to raid-groups and it generally appears to go faster than before. Prior to the change, the addon would occasionally find 4 groups, not give me any invites, then try again, and again, and again, then create a new group 30-40 seconds later. That appears to be a thing of the past aswell.

Overall, really satisfied with this change... and didn't expect it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    The addon isn't dead, just not as automatic now after the update
    IT works the same as the blizzard interface. All you get is the Eye icon next to the WQ and can single click to bring up the premade finder. Blizzard is a right click, then a left click. All it is doing is saving you an extra click. woo /s

Deleted
    god bless it works again, back to AFK flying cya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    IT works the same as the blizzard interface. All you get is the Eye icon next to the WQ and can single click to bring up the premade finder. Blizzard is a right click, then a left click. All it is doing is saving you an extra click. woo /s
    You obviously haven't used WQGF

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If it was legitimately causing issues to their servers and players, than I can understand why they did what they did.

But was it? I'm still seeing the lag issues and not just in Broken Shore. It's pretty much the same as it was two days ago. The minute you group with others from a different realm, the lag starts. I honestly thing it's something Blizzard did in 7.2 and granted, WQGF was pronouncing the issue.

And yes I've checked with the other members of my group, the lag is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    The bottom line is that you are a pretty poor player if you need to group for any of the world quests.
    I am sure it has nothing to do with trying to save time on respawns or the poor bastard healers that don't want to spend all day killing an elite. There are also those pesky world bosses, for some reason people want groups for those guys. I guess besides you the game is filled with bad players. Oh btw congrats on just getting Xavius before the achievement went away. Did it take so long because you were trying to solo him too?
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-04-29 at 06:12 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You obviously haven't used WQGF
    ? Yes I used it, I was referring to AFTER they broke it. The Pop up window from the addon doesn't do anything now. *edit* unless they patched it to work again?

Was the eye the Blizzard UI, or the addon? I don't see the eye anymore.
    The eye was from WQGF, I disabled the addon and it went away as I said. Blizz UI is right click the quest, then click find group.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    god bless it works again, back to AFK flying cya.
    They patched it? What did they do? Just make you click more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    They patched it? What did they do? Just make you click more?
    yep, you click once and it searches groups, then it says like "found 5 groups" you spam click button 5x to queue for em and get an invite
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense. So you are saying no one can ever kick someone from a random group?
    You are just arguing silliness now
    You can reply to anything that person ever says on here with that quote of yours.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I know my World ms went down yesterday when loads of people weren't using it. Back up today, though. Maybe it had something to do with the addon, idk.
    I don't think it does. I think it has to do with the sharding/CRZ to be honest. WQGF may highlight the problem as more people group up with it then if they didn't have an addon.

Like you, my lag wasn't bad yesterday, when I can almost guarantee that there wasn't near the volume of groups for WQ's as there is today now that WQGF is working again. And funny enough, it's working well within the rules that BLizzard has made.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Same way being put with 4 strangers you'll never see again aka LFD makes people not even bother say "hi" anymore, yes. WoW has removed nearly all forms of "necessary interaction" with other players and it's easy to spot what this has resulted in, if you have an eye for it. It's not one singular change that has ruined the social aspect of WoW and turned it into an open world ARPG where actually interacting with other players is optional until you want to raid on a schedule.
    The only social part about WoW are guilds and those aren't impacted much by the automation of easier content. Also, actually challenging content still requires quite typical human interaction.

Also, maybe... just maybe, most people playing computer games aren't exactly social flowers and enjoy their social game to sometimes give them a break and let chill a bit without having to speak to anyone.

Besides, as I said before, the majority of people would just solo the quests if it weren't for the addon so whining at WQGP killing social aspects of the game is extremely dumb.

But since this is an MMORPG, asking people to not ruin their own experience in order to progress faster is a tall order.
    Are you racing with anyone? If so and if that makes you ruin your own experience why do you do it? Answering those questions for yourself isn't easy but I encourage you to do so. And try to think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The only social part about WoW are guilds and those aren't impacted much by the automation of easier content.
    Doing group quests used to be social, before Blizzard removed all challenging content while leveling,
    You know, seeing a friendly player and whispering if they were doing it too, or a higher level if they could help? Because you needed help.
    Or trying to start a group for a dungeon, asking around if you could join someone. Actually talking to people.

Automating too many things in order to cut out the "unnecessary hassle" eventually hits a critical mass, and WoW has already passed it.

How sad it is to see "only social part about WoW are guilds" being said seriously.

Also, actually challenging content still requires quite typical human interaction.
    Yeah, too bad that challenge has been moved to be almost exclusively in higher difficulty raids or high M+, while the rest of the game is soloable.

Also, maybe... just maybe, most people playing computer games aren't exactly social flowers and enjoy their social game to sometimes give them a break and let chill a bit without having to speak to anyone.
    Yeah, truly WoW caters to that now. You can eventually see nearly all content without ever uttering a single word ingame. Wonder if anyone else has noticed that it's a lot less common to make new long-term friends in the game. This game isn't social anymore, it doesn't encourage you to contact people. Nah, press a button, join a queue, and complain if anything goes wrong. Muh purfect mmo.

And sure, in many ways it's positive to not be "forced" into it, but it sure has its subtle negative effects. Like going to college and never having a single group project. Sure, you're free to talk to anyone anyway, but you're missing all those interactions that'd happen because you "need" to group up for something.

Besides, as I said before, the majority of people would just solo the quests if it weren't for the addon so whining at WQGP killing social aspects of the game is extremely dumb.
    If you think I was complaining that WQGP in itself was killing social aspects, you've missed the entire point. Too easy game = no need to group anyway = no need to interact with others, then comes an addon whose functionality takes away yet another incentive to chat to others in the area. Then again, most of the time you just get an invite out of nowhere.

Are you racing with anyone? If so and if that makes you ruin your own experience why do you do it?
    Why did PvPers feel forced to farm 5mans in MoP because converting Justice to Honor was faster than doing actual PvP? Why did people feel 'forced' to farm a thousand MoS in order to cap AP?

Because MMORPGs are competitive in many different ways, and people will almost always gravitate towards the most efficient option even to the detriment of their enjoyment. I personally do not generally fall into the swamp of doing utterly dull shit just because it's 5% more efficient, but a large portion of online gamers do. And I realize that Blizzard has to design a lot of systems in the game to stop players from ruining their own gameplay, even if that means having to deal with players complaining that Blizzard are 'limiting our choices' or 'destroying addons that automate things I hate anyway'.

For a while in Diablo 3, one of the most efficient farming methods was to start a new game, teleport to a Waypoint very close to a boss, just run straight to the boss and kill it, and repeat. It's easy to say "Just don't farm it then", but people will still feel like they're playing suboptimally by playing the game like it's mean to be played.

Answering those questions for yourself isn't easy but I encourage you to do so. And try to think about it.
    I have no need to answer those questions further, I've given it more thought than most since game design interests me. I realize that game design also has to make sure players don't gain big advantages by doing things that simultaneously degrades their fun. And I've seen enough examples in WoW and other online games what happens when players are allowed to sacrifice enjoyment for faster progress.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-05-04 at 10:16 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Doing group quests used to be social, before Blizzard removed all challenging content while leveling,
    You know, seeing a friendly player and whispering if they were doing it too, or a higher level if they could help? Because you needed help.
    I agree, there were Elite areas in vanilla, and many Elite "boss" quests in TBC/Wotlk. People grouped via chat, server-only.

And quite a few just didn't do them at all, because they played at odd times or just felt they weren't worth the hassle. That's not a good solution.

Like other people said, implicit grouping (you enter a WQ area and automatically join a group) has been around for many years in other MMOs. This innovation first showed up in Warhammer Online's "public quests" way back in 2008 and was widely lauded as one of that game's best features. Sadly, it didn't have many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yep, you click once and it searches groups, then it says like "found 5 groups" you spam click button 5x to queue for em and get an invite
    Yeah tried it today, not as good as it used to be, but better than default UI.