Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardo221 View Post
    Your comment doesn't make sense when you look at Mythic raids, battle pet dungeons, random achievements, and other features where only a very small percentage of players are involved in those respective things. Less people involved, does not necessarily mean blizzard will drop content. You might try to point at something like 5 man arenas, but the underlying reason it got removed was because it could not be balanced, not because of few players using it. Blizzard generally removes things that cannot be fixed (and in turn break the game). Famous case is death knight specs from Wrath. The hybrid tank/dps concept was neat until Blizzard realized that it was nearly impossible to make 3 hybrids play perfectly and equal with 3 unique kits.

In terms of this post, I think that this is an good move on blizzard's part overall. My less skilled friends can now risk their keystones without fear of not being able to do dungeons the rest of the week if they fail at one. This in turn will elevate the player base overall in terms of skill because more players new to keystones can grind out the experience they need.

"But my three chests!" the 3 chest system was a kind reward at the time for people to not feel screwed as they climbed up to a keystone they should be doing. Ideally, Blizzard wanted everyone working on 1 chest, not 3, but players figured out how to game the system and abuse it. The result is a lot of people with gear they shouldn't have, keystones they can't possibly complete because of a lack of experience, and no incentive for skilled/geared players to do harder dungeons. Frankly, if you are geared, then the 3 chests are almost exclusively for AP since you don't need the loot, so the only people who are going to be bitter are the carries leeching off the tons of useless drops that normally go into our vender spec.

As for the more skilled players, this also will help us overall. Right now, me and my friends will grind keys till we each hit a 15 upper/lower kara, and then we need to find a 6th person with a better key to try again. The new system will allow us to just do a key, fail, and get it to reset to something else that we prefer. I also will be more willing to do my key in general because if it fails at a high level, I won't have to beg for other keys all week.
    Haha, this is pure gold. Please post more.

"As a very skilled player, as well as wise, I have the ability to see this change for what it really is: the free market at work removing unearned gear from the entitled masses."

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wording is soooo shit in the blue post... are we getting 2x guaraneteed piece of gear per run? That would be great for someone unlucky as me.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    What? It never fails to amaze me the things people tell themselves then are convinced it's true.

M+ were developed to give all players additional content. Whether it's high-geared players pushing to see how high they can go as the content becomes more difficult or players looking to gear up, the goal was to add an element that any player could enjoy. The way it is currently configured on Live -- they feel they are not achieving this and it has caused segregation. Especially on lower level keys where they are designed for lower geared players that are challenged by those lower keys and are presented with corresponding rewards that will help them scale their ilvl. Instead, gear appropriate players are being ignored for more experiences/geared players so they can faceroll the content.

It is not an alternate end-game method -- it is additional end-game content. It's not supposed to be exclusive for people who don't raid.

They literally explained it in the post you're replying to.
    Except blizzard themselves revealed M+ as an endgame alternative to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    im just baffled at how many people not understanding mplus loot structure right now

are you really that lucky and get 2 pieces of gear to notice?

current system is 2 loot per chest for the entire group. there is no rng involved with this quantity.
    This is something I've wondered about a lot - I seem to rarely get any loot from 3 chesting, even tho it's a fixed amount - so there must be people who have the opposite luck as me and usually get multiple loots.

I wonder if being the first to click the chest(s) makes it more likely you get loot rather than people who click after ? Like - the roll is personal, but there's a fixed total amount ... so if the first three all get two gears each, then anyone else who clicks after is just SOL. Or is that there's a personal roll for everyone as soon as the run completes ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    You didn't read the part where the max pieces of loot from a M+ is now 3 instead of 6? Because that's a pretty important part.
    As if that matters, I barely get 1 at the end sometimes 2. 6? Never

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except you're a minority, the majority of the people doing M+ now have less reason to do them, less people doing content leads to less reason for blizzard to continue devoted resources to that content, which leads to that content not being continued in the future.
    I can promise you the average person is not 3 chesting lower keys, they are running whichever keys they have to the best of their ability or joining whichever groups will take them (which is not you since you probably only invite 900+ for < 12 keys).

I definitely think the majority (aka casual part) will benefit from this, as it moves the focus towards the intended design, where 3 chest is not the goal but a side effect from over-gearing the key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Wording is soooo shit in the blue post... are we getting 2x guaraneteed piece of gear per run? That would be great for someone unlucky as me.
    2 pieces randomly distributed across the group if you fail the timer but complete the dungeon, 3 if you complete it regardless of "two chest" or "three chest". If you're running the keys as intended you will receive one extra piece of loot per run after this change.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just change the numbers from 2-3 to 4-6 and everyone can just shut the fuck up already. Seriously.

Same top end of loot for the "farmers", but with a slight drop buff to groups that are inherently less time efficient by not "3 chesting" anyways. Done.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. The only reason high end players farmed the 3 chests, was for the extra AP. Never needed the loot, you typically did your +10 to get the maximum valued gear at the end of teh week. Otherwise, just used Mythic+ to farm AP, as you got more AP for 3 chesting. If that goes, away then people will only do the stones, that actually give them gear they need. No, 900 item level person is going to waste their time running a +2, so he can just DE or vendor the gear at the end.

Another person with severe reading comprehension issues. Pathetically redundant.

An alternative to raiding as it is alternative content. It has elements that cater to all players. They never stated that it is content not for raiders. Just because it is an alternative to raiding does not mean it is not made for raiders as well.

What is so hard to grasp here?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People who dislike this change isn't very clever, I assume. Mythic+ wasn't something they made for raiders.
    Last edited by Crookids; 2017-05-03 at 06:56 PM.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Another person with severe reading comprehension issues. Pathetically redundant.

An alternative to raiding as it is alternative content. It has elements that cater to all players. They never stated that it is content not for raiders. Just because it is an alternative to raiding does not mean it is not made for raiders as well.

What is so hard to grasp here?
    No where did I or they say that Raider's can't run it... I was specifically relaying the info that when revealed at Blizzcon they revealed as an "Endgame alternative to raiding". M+ CAN BE (and is) people's full on end game and it is intended for both audiences but was created specifically with those who prefer 5 man content in mind.

For raider's is extra content, those who don't raid but enjoy challenging small group content is it is their end game, and that was what blizzard stated at blizzcon was their design goal.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-05-03 at 06:59 PM.

and now they pussied out because they see how monumentaly more popular it is in comaprison to their shitty raiding

loot change is clearly done in order to funnel people back into raiding - they dont even try to hide it.

Depleted keys had to go, good. The -1 has been suggested many times as an alternative.

Rewards
    I've ran several M+ where a chest did not have any loot in it. This states

• When you finish a Mythic+ dungeon, the chest at the end will contain two items and an appropriate amount of Artifact Power.
    • If you beat the timer, regardless of how quickly, there will be a third item in the chest.

Guaranteed 2 items in the chest and 3 if you beat the timer. I've opened many chests that only had 1 or 2 AP tokens in them and no items.

Mythic+ chests are personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by strax View Post
    Depleted keys had to go, good. The -1 has been suggested many times as an alternative.

Rewards
    I've ran several M+ where a chest did not have any loot in it. This states

• When you finish a Mythic+ dungeon, the chest at the end will contain two items and an appropriate amount of Artifact Power.
    • If you beat the timer, regardless of how quickly, there will be a third item in the chest.

Guaranteed 2 items in the chest and 3 if you beat the timer. I've opened many chests that only had 1 or 2 AP tokens in them and no items.

Mythic+ chests are personal loot.
    Its 3 items per group, they just clarified and announced it as a loot reduction, currently its 6 items per group on a 3 chest. Cutting loot in half and spewing some bull on appropriate ilvls or some shit.

This is a big nerf if you're farming +10s to try and get a specific item otherwise it doesnt change much. Im already only doing a few high mythic+ a week for the chest AP. I dont see how it'll affect boosting either, ppl will still pay for boosts strictly for the weekly.

Its 3 items per group, they just clarified and announced it as a loot reduction, currently its 6 items per group on a 3 chest. Cutting loot in half and spewing some bull on appropriate ilvls or some shit.
    yeah, that is bad

farm the crap outa them while you still can i suppose.
    Last edited by strax; 2017-05-03 at 07:33 PM.

sigh rng on rng on rng, do the dungeon, roll to see who gets one of the three, roll to see if that piece is the one or two you need from a list of 10+, god willing both those things line up roll and roll and roll some more to hope it titanforges 900+

as it is getting an ilvl upgrade has become incredibly difficult, with these changes it might be time to just give up on it.

However, it's an increase in items for players doing 1-chest clears at an appropriate difficulty level
    shame that people 3 chesting dungeons at the ilvl cap need to be punished with 50% less loot so that idiots like Lore can feel better about themselves when they barely manage to meet the timer

Quote Originally Posted by reokotsae View Post
    as it is getting an ilvl upgrade has become incredibly difficult, with these changes it might be time to just give up on it.
    personally was already moving towards just doing 1 max ilvl mythic+ each week and then logging out since legion rng gearing is so boring, this change makes that an absolute certainty since i'll be 50% less likely to get what I want on top of the already tiny chance that what I want drops for me in the first place
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-05-03 at 07:35 PM.

This will benefit the majority of casual players. I have so many friends who dont dare use groupfinder due to elitist noobs unless i tank it for them. This change will make it so high geard people go for higher keys leaving the lower alone as it should be. I make it a goal to tank 5 mythic+ per week for low geard groups its really nice they appriciate it soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    This will benefit the majority of casual players. I have so many friends who dont dare use groupfinder due to elitist noobs unless i tank it for them. This change will make it so high geard people go for higher keys leaving the lower alone as it should be. I make it a goal to tank 5 mythic+ per week for low geard groups its really nice they appriciate it soo much.
    thank you.

Is it just me or does their reasoning literally not make any sense? If you're reducing how much loot there is in the chest then time efficiency is going to matter more, not less. That actually kills any incentive to run higher level keys.