Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Calia was first-born, but she was never in line for succession. Her destiny was to be traded off in a political marriage.
    Ah, thanks. That by default means she has no right to the crown of Lordaeron even if the crown was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Garrosh's best accomplishment was constantly calling out that trial on its bullshit.
    That was the real moment of Garrosh's redemption.

She renounced whatever claim she might have had, Lordaeron-wise, anyways. The only thing that could expand her lore without crapping all over the idea of an actual righteous Menethil would be to off the bitch and raise her as a Forsaken and have her be a figure of power to either Undercity or the Cult of Forgotten Shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Garrosh meant a lot to me :'(
    Yeah but you're a nobody, she's affiliated with Blizzard.

Her Lordaeron storyline could be interesting, but I want to hear more about what happened after Deathwing revealed himself. I understood that he was legit in love with her, then she just disappeared from the story. What happened?!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Sylvanas is never going to be turned into a villain. People need to face these facts. This character means too much to Michelle Morrow and similar people who've been in tragic accidents, that alone is enough for them to not go that route with her. And honestly, that's good. She wouldn't have been a good villain anyway.
    Was expecting a good argument, but this is the most laughable excuse of an argument for something that I have ever witnessed.

Aren't all female characters in WoW given shitty roles anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    I'm shocked that Calia Menethil is just put in the game no major lore thing about her i mean she is the rightful leader of Lordaeron. and many of the Undead still see them self as the true leader of lordaeron.
    You are 8 months late bro.

They could've done much more with her, but I don't see her being in any position to try to claim Lordaeron. She has no army and the Forsaken have the full might of the Horde behind them, with Sylvanas now being warchief. Considering how important both Arthas and Terenas are in lore, its just weird to see her being such a minor character who's not interested in doing anything important. I could see her given a role where she joins the Argent Crusade as one of their best healers, the Forsaken go evil and she aids the Crusade in defeating her and then she can pick up the crown. Maybe she dies at some point and ressurects as a forsaken, just so that she can be the new ruler. I don't see them replacing Sylvanas anytime soon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked that Calia Menethil is just put in the game no major lore thing about her i mean she is the rightful leader of Lordaeron. and many of the Undead still see them self as the true leader of lordaeron.
    Calia isn't. And even if she were, WTF would the Forsaken give a shit about someone who did nothing for them. Sylvanas freed them and kept them safe for a decade.

Calia Menethil was put into the game so fans would stop bothering Blizzard with questions regarding her fate. Conveniently she also renounced her claim to the throne of Lordaeron, so no conflict would happen in the north.

That's all. Same goes for Tess Greymane who was thrown into the rogue order hall without any kind of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keydiam View Post
    Calia Menethil was put into the game so fans would stop bothering Blizzard with questions regarding her fate. Conveniently she also renounced her claim to the throne of Lordaeron, so no conflict would happen in the north.
    Not to mention she didn't have a claim to begin with, Arthas was the heir, despite her being older and Arthas later made kel'thuzad his regent,meaning the rightful ruler following the correct line of succession would be kel'thuzad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I think everyone Is, but Blizzard are blizzard they don't want to tell a great story with great characters. Sister of Arthas? no, she's just a random priest now, who cares. Bloody stupid that.

Where as It'd make more sense to have her gather up the remnants of Lordaeron, uniting them like Jaina has forgotten how to do that after Theramore went boom. Go to the Plaguelands, gather an army there, maybe even with the Silver Hand helping out, attack the Capital from the East with the Gilneans behind Greymane attacking from Silverpine from the South, with either the Horde abandoning Sylvannas to her fate, realizing she might just become the next Lich Queen If she's not killed and even some of the Forsaken would gladly just die and let the rightful ruler restore the kingdom that fell before.

There's so much story potential they're just not using, and Calia Is RIGHT THERE... "I forefeit my right as queen of Lordaeron" no you stupid blonde beautiful girl, you go and become Queen. If anything, It'll Inspire more rule 34 to make Warcraft more popular again, wink nudge Blizzard. Use the characters you got! Legion supposedly brought back so many lore characters, well they did but all they do Is sit around doing bugger all.
    I think you do not realize that she's basically in hiding and for a good reason - sister of Arthas? She'd be strung up high the moment people discover that, which is strongly implied when you meet her.

You think people would consider her actual ruler of Lordaeron? Some maybe, but most would just get a rope and be done with a cursed lineage of Menethil.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not to mention she didn't have a claim to begin with, Arthas was the heir, despite her being older and Arthas later made kel'thuzad his regent,meaning the rightful ruler following the correct line of succession would be kel'thuzad.
    Doesn't really matter anyway. She was put into the game, so people would stop asking. The same reason why Tess is with the rogues, or Shandris with the Hidden Path, or Turalyons son with the paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Yeah but you're a nobody, she's affiliated with Blizzard.
    I'm a shitposter on the internet with a single fan account. She's an acquaintance with a sob story. Connect those dots.

Deleted
    She says lordaeron doesn't exist anymore when you meet her.

Also I laugh at the idea of another human invasion of the forsaken kingdom. There are easier ways to commit suicide
    apart from that it now belongs to the forsaken, humans have no right to claim it. They should focus on taking Gilneas back or (looking at jaina) building Theramore again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Simple solution: at the end of Legion, Calia dies, is resurrected as a Forsaken, then takes over the Forsaken & UC from Sylvanas, who then can become a villain in the next expansion as some people want her to so badly.

What do I get out of this? Warchief Baine.
    now that u say it like that maybe this is the eason she gave up the grown, life is to sweet

I'm not sure why everyone is sticking with the "She renounced her claim" bit. The quest where that was stated back in beta was removed. So as far as the game goes it looks like she still has the claim (Even if she isn't actively using it)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blckdrgn View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is sticking with the "She renounced her claim" bit. The quest where that was stated back in beta was removed. So as far as the game goes it looks like she still has the claim (Even if she isn't actively using it)
    She tells you her name is just calia now, and lordaeron doesn't exsisted anymore in game. Not to mention the line of succession skipped her in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

She tells you her name is just calia now, and lordaeron doesn't exsisted anymore in game. Not to mention the line of succession skipped her in the first place.
    You are correct on those counts, but that doesn't negate her claim. Further, agnatic primogeniture succession (which is 99% of all King based succession in fantasy settings) is preference for first born sons, with bastards and daughters in the event of the lack of a male heir.

That's a moot point though as I'm pretty sure no one on the WoW team has really given succession law that much thought when making the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    apart from that it now belongs to the forsaken, humans have no right to claim it. They should focus on taking Gilneas back or (looking at jaina) building Theramore again
    They have just as much right to claim it but that happening is 0.1% chance of it happening.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Must have been a disappointing moment when you got about 12 seconds into realizing this to then notice that she has renounced all lands and titles, basically, as her real commitment is on her priesthood. Ergo, no living human has any claim over Lordaeron; same as when it was assumed she might be dead.