Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Time needed for my goal

Say I want to get the basic skins of all artifact weapons for all classes + all class mounts.
    How much time will it take? A month? Assuming 3 hrs of plays on weekdays and 6-8hrs on weekends.
    I was planning to get legion when it's on sale this November and hopefully the last content patch is released by then. But my yearly wow itch started early this year.

7+ Year Old Account
    for the artifacts, barely a day, unless you dont have every class at lvl 100.

mounts are unlocked at the end of the legionfall campaign.
    that takes a couple more weeks.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    for the artifacts, barely a day, unless you dont have every class at lvl 100.

mounts are unlocked at the end of the legionfall campaign.
    that takes a couple more weeks.
    I don't have legion expansion yet. all my toons are level 100. So basic skins are earned the second you ding 110? Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Say I want to get the basic skins of all artifact weapons for all classes + all class mounts.
    How much time will it take? A month?
    I was planning to get legion when it's on sale this November and hopefully the last content patch is released by then. But my yearly wow itch started early this year.
    Well the timeline is different for each tier. (This is the basic skin for each artifact in each tier, there are of course 3 more tints that have other activites).

Tier 1 - Basic is unlocked by just getting it

Tier 2 - Basic is unlocked via hitting 110 and finish class campaign. This can take a week at most (definitely a lot shorter, like 1-3 days) because of the time gated-ness of waiting for missions to complete for certain items.

Tier 3 - Is going to be your worst one. This one requires you to do Mythic dungeons, farm Emerald Nightmare for a minimum of 8 weeks (7 bosses and need 50 items) and then I'm not sure after that, but I know there is some Nighthold farming too. (Numbers may be off as I haven't done it myself, but last I heard the item isn't 100% droprate so more than 8 weeks)

Tier 4 - Is your PvP row and that depends on how much you grind out PvP. Probably a month to hit Rank 2 if you do only the WQ when it's up (maybe shorter since they removed a lot of Rank 1 XP)

Tier 5 - Is your Hidden Appearance and that depends on RNG for some classes and such

Tier 6 - Is your Challenge Appearance and that is if you want to wait until 900+ gear and just make it a lot easier.

Class Mounts = Finish 11 week Campaign (when last one is released you can do it all at once if you want with Legion Assault only one holding you back) as well as finish Class Campaign which you need for Legionfall Champion anyway.

Deleted
    I don't have legion expansion yet. all my toons are level 100. So basic skins are earned the second you ding 110? Neat!
    No, BASIC skins are earned the second you get each artifact. That's the most basic there is. Anything else requires you to progress through the game, one way or another.

Now, for all class mounts, you're looking at a hell of a lot of work. The entire Class Campaign on every single character, and then some. That's going to take you a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well the timeline is different for each tier.

Tier 1 - Basic is unlocked by just getting it

Tier 2 - Basic is unlocked via hitting 110 and finish class campaign. This can take a week at most (definitely a lot shorter, like 1-3 days) because of the time gated-ness of waiting for missions to complete for certain items.

Tier 3 - Is going to be your worst one. This one requires you to do Mythic dungeons, farm Emerald Nightmare for a minimum of 8 weeks (7 bosses and need 50 items) and then I'm not sure after that, but I know there is some Nighthold farming too. (Numbers may be off as I haven't done it myself, but last I heard the item isn't 100% droprate so more than 8 weeks)

Tier 4 - Is your PvP row and that depends on how much you grind out PvP. Probably a month to hit Rank 2 if you do only the WQ when it's up (maybe shorter since they removed a lot of Rank 1 XP)

Tier 5 - Is your Hidden Appearance and that depends on RNG for some classes and such

Tier 6 - Is your Challenge Appearance and that is if you want to wait until 900+ gear and just make it a lot easier.
    Thanks for the detailed replies. I think I am just going for the tier one skins and some tier 2s if possible.

Thanks for the detailed replies. I think I am just going for the tier one skins and some tier 2s if possible.
    Well if you want the class mounts on each one you will have to unlock Tier 1 and Tier 2 no matter what basically. The rest are up to you. Some classes have decent skins, some have meh skins. So it's all about taste at that point.

What do you mean with basic skins?
    all color variants of the initial skin or the first color variant of each skin?

The first wouldn't take much time
    but the second... getting the equip needed for the class challenge aswell as the 2 prestige, this will take much more time. Maybe a month per class?
    The class mounts shouldn't take much time, once all chapters are available the campaign can be done in a few days.

some of that time should probably be spent asking Blizzard to formally respond as to whether or not the artifact appearances are going away at the end of Legion

(they said yes, and then maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    No, BASIC skins are earned the second you get each artifact. That's the most basic there is. Anything else requires you to progress through the game, one way or another.

Now, for all class mounts, you're looking at a hell of a lot of work. The entire Class Campaign on every single character, and then some. That's going to take you a while...
    So by purchasing legion and with all toons at level 100 I can get all the basic skins? That's easy!
    As for the mounts, I guess I can get the cool ones and finish it later since it will still be here after legion ends.

you earn the four skins for the basic appearance during the leveling process; you just need to quest through every zone basically.

mounts require the legionfall campaign which hasn't all been released yet, but what we've seen so far is pretty short and easy.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know about the nighthold portion of it... I'm not quite there yet. But the Emerald Nightmare took me 2 weeks to get everything I needed, and it would have only taken me 1 week, had I not been kicked from the group for being bad on the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

So by purchasing legion and with all toons at level 100 I can get all the basic skins? That's easy!
    As for the mounts, I guess I can get the cool ones and finish it later since it will still be here after legion ends.
    Anyone else feel like he's baiting a bit? Like this is a cleverly veiled Legion is ez mode, and free (xxxxx)?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I don't know about the nighthold portion of it... I'm not quite there yet. But the Emerald Nightmare took me 2 weeks to get everything I needed, and it would have only taken me 1 week, had I not been kicked from the group for being bad on the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else feel like he's baiting a bit? Like this is a cleverly veiled Legion is ez mode, and free (xxxxx)?

Baiting for what? I don't have legion and I just want to play for a month to get what's unique in the expansion. I did it the same way with WoD when it's like 12 bucks and subbed for a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    we are talking 13 classes and 42 speccs
    Ehm...... What?

7+ Year Old Account
    looks like i understood your question wrong.

the original basic skin of your artifact is earned the moment you get your artifact from the dala quests, at lvl 100.
    the other skins are obtained by doing various content, such as:
    -finishing your class order campaign
    -finishing the Balance of power questline which involves running EN, NH and several mythic dungeons
    -pvp, prestige lvl 50 and some pvp quests
    -the artifact challenge, from the broken shore mage tower quest (that one is the hardest)
    - depending on class, this one is a hidden skin, some classes have to pray to rngesus, others have to do some very specific stuff in a specific order, etc.

for the class mounts, you need to finish your class order campaign and finish the legionfall campaign on the broken shore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There is no answer here really...we are talking 13 classes and 42 speccs...or thereabouts. It could take you logging every day for the next year...
    there are 12 classes with 36 specs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well the timeline is different for each tier. (This is the basic skin for each artifact in each tier, there are of course 3 more tints that have other activites).

I just want to clear the bold up, this is absolutely not the case now. You need 30 Corrupted Essences from Emerald Nightmare and a boss drop from Ilg'ynoth and Xavius on any difficulty above raid finder.

And as of 7.1.5, the Corrupted Essences drop a lot more frequently. It may have taken weeks at first, but I ran Emerald Nightmare yesterday as soon as I got the quest on my Demon Hunter and got all 30 Corrupted Essences in one run. They now drop guaranteed, in a stack of 2-5. I happened to get exactly the number I needed, (5/5/5/5/5/2/3) and obviously the boss items.

On another run, on another character, I got 24 in one run. So at most, it takes 2 Emerald Nightmare clears per character. If you're dedicated, you can do it once a week on each character you care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    looks like i understood your question wrong.

the original basic skin of your artifact is earned the moment you get your artifact from the dala quests.
    the other skins are obtained by doing various content, such as:
    -finishing your class order campaign
    -finishing the Balance of power questline which involves running EN, NH and several mythic dungeons
    -pvp, prestige lvl 50 and some pvp quests
    -the artifact challenge, from the broken shore mage tower quest (that one is the hardest)
    - depending on class, this one is a hidden skin, some classes have to pray to rngesus, others have to do some very specific stuff in a specific order, etc.

for the class mounts, you need to finish your class order campaign and finish the legionfall campaign on the broken shore.

- - - Updated - - -

there are 12 classes with 36 specs.
    So there is a gear check for the class mounts? Well, I hope there will be a tanaan jungle / timeless isle zone in the next patch for me to catch up then.
    Again, thanks!

So there is a gear check for the class mounts? Well, I hope there will be a tanaan jungle / timeless isle zone in the next patch for me to catch up then.
    Again, thanks!
    You can catch up pretty well with Broken Shore to be honest. Dauntless items drop all the time, and basically make a piece of 850 (or 865 if warforged) gear for a specific slot. And the only requirement is to be 110 to use them, and obviously to get them to drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    its really not that bad, the bosses are basically essence pinatas, if you are lucky you can get everything on your first run.
    if not your first, definitely on your second.

NH requires 3 resets maximum.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So the bosses drop more than 1 item? If so, then great. Last I heard it was 1 per boss, but I know they were adjusting it so you wouldn't have to spend so much time in the "old" raid.

Might actually do it now on some of my toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    you earn the four skins for the basic appearance during the leveling process; you just need to quest through every zone basically.
    Yes and no. You have to do the Mysterious Light quest (Illadin) stuff to unlock one and the other is to return a pillar. You don't have to quest through every zone, just finish one or queue for Gul'dan LFR and turn that one in.