Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They don't think it's homophobic because the right is calling a spade a spade. If <insert Republican> had said the same thing about <insert Democrat> the left would be foaming at the mouth and probably set fire to the home of whoever said it.
    I know they don't get it. No one cares about the joke. It's about the hypocrisy. The right is going overboard on social media on purpose to make a point. Seems that point is going over all of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Because of that whole "history" thing you just got done laughing at. It being a whole field of study that millions of people spend lifetimes researching.
    Well it's a good thing then that I know more about ancient Greece than you because in ancient Greece homosexuality wasn't frowned upon.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by gxsosbee View Post
    It sounds like some people on this forum aren't used to being adequately disagreed with.
    "If you don't agree with my opinion, then you're wrong!"

Definitely a sound, adequate basis for disagreement.

Can you stop with the charade already, Gutpile?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    My roommate had me make a Grindr profile when we lived together and I was pleasantly surprised and flattered at how popular I waS.
    Pics plz so we can objectify you on a scale of 1-10.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by gxsosbee View Post
    Gotta say, as a gay person, I found the act of using sexual behavior between two men as an insult a little homophobic. I'll also say that despite this thread's title, I would consider trolling every page desperately trying to disprove that his comment was not homophobic and starting this thread in the first place pretty triggered. It's funny because I'm sure its primarily heterosexual Colbert fans trying to deny that the statement was homophobic, sorry sweetie -- not your call.
    Gay dude here. It wasn't homophobic at all. It had nothing to do with any kind of homosexual implication. It was about Trump being Putin's bitch. Also the OP. So slow your roll Mr. 14-posts-and-only-having-commented-in-this-thread-suspiciously.

I'm curious if you're just one of the banned conservatives making a new account or somebody from /pol/ here to spread your nonsense. Sorry, I don't believe a person who just registered an account to comment on this very thread whose only participation has been the, "I'm gay and its bad!" kind.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-03 at 10:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Yes it would. If memory serves, that is desu ne, which is translated as "wouldn't it" or "isn't it" depending on context? Sorry if I'm wrong it's been years since I took japanese.
    はいですよ。. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Well it's a good thing then that I know more about ancient Greece than you because in ancient Greece homosexuality wasn't frowned upon.
    You're correct, it wasn't. For the man who did the penetrating. The man who was being penetrated, however? Very frowned upon.

This is what we call a power dynamic.

See, I know history too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    はいですよ。. :P

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

How is accusing a man of sucking cock homophobic?

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Colbert is still a you know what for going on an absolutely ridiculous rant like that. Heaven forbid if the US president was elected to create jobs, defeat ISIS, and secure the border....
    How is any of that going? He's passed nothing to help job creation (Thanks Obama), he's done nothing to further the defeat of ISIS, and he just got 0% of the funding he wanted to "secure the border."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-03 at 10:13 PM.

Did all the Trump Supporters on this forum just become SJWs? Haven't they been saying for years that being an SJW is super bad and you shouldn't tell people what to be offended about etc?

I love the people saying no one could say anything bad about Obama....L O FUCKING L. The guy sitting in the white house currently talked mad shit about Obama.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    using the action as an insult is the homophobic part.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know that the Greek depicted wasn't depicted as a homosexual and that homosexualism wasn't frowned upon in ancient Greece?
    Because I hold a degree in Classics & Archaeology and have studied and translated source material in the original language as well as studied artifacts themselves while on digs.

Homosexuality is not the same as pederasty and male penetration was a very serious topic in ancient Greece. It was considered very demeaning and taboo to be penetrated, but not necessarily bad to be the penetrator - this was because the actual taboo part of it was being the submissive male. That's why when you look at ancient Greek pottery you frequently find depictions of barbaros as under threat of being penetrated by Greek men. This was a social trend that showed how the Greeks thought of themselves as dominant in both cultural power as well as physical manliness over others.

This can be found in pretty much all other ancient Greek sources. I suggest you read some of Aristophanes' comedies, they're a great place to start and are from the same timeframe (~450-380BCE)
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-05-03 at 10:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It scares the straight people. Because they equate sucking cock as being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Did all the Trump Supporters on this forum just become SJWs?
    Yes.

They've been this way since he became the party candidate, though. Just go look at the cesspool that is /r/The_Donald. They ban everybody even remotely criticizing the Glorious Leader. They need to preserve their safe space.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know much about it then. Being the penetrator wasn't frowned upon, but being penetrated as a man was absolutely taboo.

That's because it was about being dominant vs. being submissive.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Tank yew, tank yew.

Because I hold a degree in Classics & Archaeology and have studied and translated source material in the original language as well as studied artifacts themselves while on digs.

Homosexuality is not the same as pederasty and male penetration was a very serious topic in ancient Greece. It was considered very demeaning and taboo to be penetrated, but not necessarily bad to be the penetrator - this was because the actual taboo part of it was being the submissive male. That's why when you look at ancient Greek pottery you frequently find depictions of barbaros as under threat of being penetrated by Greek men. This was a social trend that showed how the Greeks thought of themselves as dominant in both cultural power as well as physical manliness over others.

This can be found in pretty much all other ancient Greek sources. I suggest you read some of Aristophanes' comedies, they're a great place to start and are from the same timeframe (~450-380BCE)
    Excuse me while I have a minor history crush on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    You're correct, it wasn't. For the man who did the penetrating. The man who was being penetrated, however? Very frowned upon.

This is what we call a power dynamic.

See, I know history too!
    Men rape men because they are sexually attracted to other men and not of some power dynamic bullshit.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know much about it then. Being the penetrator wasn't frowned upon, but being penetrated as a man was absolutely taboo.
    Fun or not so fun fact, it's the same in Pakistan currently. Overwhelmingly dudes want to top and it's not considered as bad if you top.