Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I don't think you have a firm understanding of how official books work.
    I don't think you have a firm understanding of much of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Omg as well.

Is it the word "rehash" that shocks you? We already went to Northrend back after BC, if we come back to LK again, this will be a "rehash" believe it or not.

Now this could be a good "rehash", and that's what your arguments in your thread would like to proove, and maybie you are right, I don't deny that. At least partially.
    I never said going back to Northrend wouldn't be a rehash. It was about whether WoD and Legion were a rehash of TBC and it isn't. Legion doesn't even take place on Draenor, it can't be a rehash just cause it has demons as the main villain or Illidan and Demon Hunters. WoD isn't a rehash of TBC either, because they didn't take the Outland zones and revamped them, they created it completely from scratch.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-04 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    - Trial of the Crusader returns in its full glory, having ressurected all previous bosses from the dead so that you can be tested once again!
    Only this time, Odyn will be the host. Dude loves trials.

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I don't think you have a firm understanding of much of anything.
    You base your personal attack on my factual understanding of an evolving work of fiction? Am I arguing with a 12 year old? Flinging petulant insults is a waste of my time. Make a point or politely go back to sulking.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I won't even begin to go into how many people still herald WotLK as the best expansion, even with all it's painful flaws.
    Every expansion has had "painful flaws", m8.

Vanilla: Long and grindy leveling, shitty itemization on 70% of the gear, bad class balance, hybrid DPS being completely unviable in PvE, mages forced to be frost until AQ, warriors being the only raid-viable tanks, etc. etc.

BC: Long and grindy attunements which made it very hard to find new raid members once you were in T5 and above, bad difficulty balance in heroics (some were fucking hard, others were a breeze), T4 raids being both 10man and 25man which forced raid groups to split up, flying mounts reducing world pvp, super high difficulty raids

It's kind of hard to make an accurate statement of which expansion was the "best". They all excelled at different things. WOTLK was, I feel, a good balance. It was casual-ized, but not too much. There were still rep grinds and difficult raids, especially with heroic mode and hardmodes existing. There's a reason why WOTLK had the highest subscriber count: it's generally viewed as the overall "best" expansion. Well, that and, it was the expac that finished the story of warcraft 3, so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What? What did they take away. Name some things.
    Glyph of Dark Apotheosis, Hellfire and Demonic Leap.

The thing about making your leaks is that even if 50% of what you say sounds reasonable, it's the 5% where you get sloppy that's a dead giveaway it's fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    You base your personal attack on my factual understanding of an evolving work of fiction?
    No, I base my personal attack on a) the fact that you made a personal attack at me first and b) that I know what the Lich King's creator intended because I can read his words and understand their meaning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Glyph of Dark Apotheosis, Hellfire and Demonic Leap.
    That gylph was removed long before Demon Hunters made it into the game, and Hellfire and Demonic Leap are no big deal. So that's all you got? Oh yeah, the Warlock was cannibalized. It's basically an empty shell now and plays completely different. They totally killed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The thing about making your leaks is that even if 50% of what you say sounds reasonable, it's the 5% where you get sloppy that's a dead giveaway it's fake.
    95% of the WoD leak was retarded, and it was still true.

When Cataclysm leaked people said "no way Thrall is gonna become the Guardian of Tirisfal". While that turned out not true, or a scrapped idea, there were still things that turned out true that people said weren't gonna happen. People said no way they are gonna revamp the whole world for flying. No way they would ever give us Worgen and Goblins, Worgen are beasts, we always fight them, why would they join the Alliance, and Goblins wouldn't join the Horde, they would wanna stay neutral. No way they would bring back Ragnaros etc.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-04 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    95% of the WoD leak was retarded, and it was still true.
    Hell, I put stock in the Legion leak, but even that had some faults.

With regard to the WoD leak, though, do you remember how many "faults" there were with that? I'll have to go dig up the actual post at some point soon; however, I seem to remember something about WoD ending with "Siege of Stormwind" featuring Grom Hellscream as a final boss.

Obviously that didn't happen (nor did some of the other bits), but the leak in general was spot on.

If some things were trimmed from this, I'd be inclined to put it in the believable category. Granted, like I mentioned earlier, IF this is true (And against my better judgment, I'm desperately hoping against all odds), it'd make sense thematically to use Mal'ganis as a segue into WotLK 2.

That gylph was removed long before Demon Hunters made it into the game, and Hellfire and Demonic Leap are no big deal. So that's all you got? Oh yeah, the Warlock was cannibalized. It's basically an empty shell now and plays completely different. They totally killed it.
    Ignorant and obnoxious, what a winning combination.

If we're to take Blizzard's word at face value then they had been planning Demon Hunters for a while so its removal can be attributed to their inclusion. Even if for some reason that's not the case it doesn't change the fact that they could have easily added it back in or a variant of it to give us something more than just a handful of imps and dogs. It actually was? Not all of it went to Demon Hunters; other parts went to a couple of other classes and what we got in return were some of their terrible mechanics that Blizzard stripped from them and decided to try with us. Destruction has been bottom of the barrel since the beginning of the expansion, Demonology is mediocre at best and while Affliction is actually good, they're now working toward taking that away from us without addressing any of the big issues that plague the other specializations.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are obviously going the Azshara route.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    however, I seem to remember something about WoD ending with "Siege of Stormwind" featuring Grom Hellscream as a final boss.
    No, that wasn't the leak. That was something else.

This is the most detailed leak

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Leak-Inside

First of all, N'Zoth is one of the main antagonists of WoW if not THE main antagonist. There's no way he dies in the 1st tier of an expansion that's not even about him. Not even going to bother with the rest. The next expansion is not about anything that's being currently speculated and its name is not a single word like Legion or Cataclysm.

Warlords of Lich King? That makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    First of all, N'Zoth is one of the main antagonists of WoW if not THE main antagonist.
    I think you're confusing him with Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeah, i agree with this, I feel that Azshara is being set up as the next target of the Heroes of Azeroth due to some of the hints dropped in various places in Legion.

First, her appearance in Azsuna, while is simply a guest appearance, still shows she is somewhat active in her campaigns she sends her Naga upon.

Second, the Shaman lorebook regarding Shalas'Dal hints at her power and her potential desires going forward in the story. It hints that she may not be the queen of the Kaldorei anymore, but "she isn't dead either", and that she would build an empire greater than the Night Elves ever had in due time.

Conjoin this with the fact that we are literally going to leave Azeroth and attack Argus with the army of the light, it means we are leaving Azeroth unguarded in a desperate act to stop the legion. When no one is around, who will be left to hold back Azshara? No one, because they are busy with Sargeras offworld.

Which brings me to my next point: Its likely we are getting a Cataclysm 2.0 revamp of the old world, this time, raising land from the sea floor for the new expansion content and ushering in the Naga Empire's invasion of the surface world at long last. Whether the Old Gods are going to be directly involved is debatable however.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    They were obviously going the Azshara route after Cataclysm.

And after MoP.

And after WoD...

The present WoW team is well known for their lack of creativity and fondness of recycling lore content, so this could be a real possibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Yeah, i agree with this, I feel that Azshara is being set up as the next target of the Heroes of Azeroth due to some of the hints dropped in various places in Legion.
    You know I would totally agree with this, but two things.

1) I have been convinced Azshara is gonna be in the next expansion every time now since Wrath.

They dropped hints in the Arthas book. I thought Azshara was gonna come next. Then Cataclysm hit and Azshara wasn't really present. Naga were part of the expansion, and I think the leak mentioned Azshara, but maybe they scrapped their plans.

Then I thought ok, maybe she'll come in a patch in Cataclysm, like mid-tier raid boss or something, but nope, nothing.

Then I thought ok Cataclysm is gonna lead into an Azshara expansion. Nope, Pandaria.

Ok, but after Pandaria, surely Azshara. There was that whole Dark Below trademark, it had to be real. Nope, Warlords of Draenor.

Ok, but after WoD, then there was the whole Eye of Azshara trademark. Now finally Azshara, right? Nope, Legion.

Ok, but Naga are in Legion, Azshara appears in Azsuna, surely Azshara's gonna be part of Legion, she's gonna be a boss in a patch, right. So far, that seems very unlikely.

Now maybe it makes the most sense, that now finally is Azshara's time in a Naga/Old God expansion, but part of me has no hope left anymore and doesn't want to be disappointed again.

2) They also teased a Legion invasion in MoP, and what did we get after MoP? Warlords of Draenor. Sure that led into a Legion expansion, but there was something in between. There might be something in between this expansion and an Azshara expansion. Just because they tease it now doesn't mean it is gonna be next. But we'll see.

Also this leak also contains Azshara, Naga and Old Gods, so, that might as well be a point in its favour.