Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hated the "rush rush rush!" mentality regarding M+. These changes are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    This will benefit the majority of casual players. I have so many friends who dont dare use groupfinder due to elitist noobs unless i tank it for them. This change will make it so high geard people go for higher keys leaving the lower alone as it should be. I make it a goal to tank 5 mythic+ per week for low geard groups its really nice they appriciate it soo much.
    BAM! This statement right there! shows the state of the game, no question no arguement can be had, spot on and lets quote it again, "I have so many (stressing the many) who dont dare use groupfinder due to elitist noobs unless I tank it for them" Now most will pass by what was just stated and only read what they desire to read but read it OUT loud to yourself, you might get what I mean.

Entitled isnt being argued amongest the many who can not sit in front of a monitor 10+ hours a day focused on nothing BUT the World of Wannabe's, no what I read on a continue daily basis see whinning from the opposite blaming or useing this word 'casual' and how this so called group is effecting the others game time. Wait...wait wait so maybe its YOU causing these issues? and or changes. Money talks bullshit walks but honestly someone define 'casual' vs 'hardcore' I actually have no belief there is such a thing or something we can't put a label on honestly because each one of us does something in wow that takes enormous amount of hours, boots on the ground time. No matter what it is...so stop the crap with labeling your game time as hardcore. You want hardcore go play Everquest or Anarchy Online.

He/she is right and I have a feeling the said tank is in voice more than likely and even though it's a carry, it's more than likely some of the best game time to be had bar none over the typical no carry runs completed in Mythic +. Amount of chest and or gear you obtain isnt going to effect your game play in the end nor are most of whom complain about this change even NEED the upgrades anymore, not to mention I highly doubt most of us will be running Mythic Raid Temple of Make me famous on opening day if anyone of us ever actually does in the first place. Get over yourself and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I hated the "rush rush rush!" mentality regarding M+. These changes are nice.
    it isn't and never was about making sense. its about screwing people who have put in the effort to excell while rewarding those who can barely make it to their computer without tripping over their own shoe laces.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

well Mythic+ just got its loot drops cut by 50% meaning its not really a viable chance of alternative gear upgrades because 3 pieces of loot split across 5 people in a 20-30+min dungeon. Less loot sharing gear now and also less chance of upgrades even if you do a +10 895 gear 3 pieces drop no point of trying to do a (3 chest +10) you'll still only get 3 pieces of loot for completing and that 900 group who just did it well and fast now have 3 pieces of vendor loot since it wasn't enough RNG to proc titanforge. RIP my dreams .

- - - Updated - - -

now I hate the rush rush rush +3 dont talk go fast mentality too . It's nice we dont have to worry about speed runs anymore but .. I wish we wouldn't lose out on so much loot because that was the fun thing hitting 3 chests and hoping a phat piece of loot titanforged...

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    This is a big nerf if you're farming +10s to try and get a specific item otherwise it doesnt change much. Im already only doing a few high mythic+ a week for the chest AP. I dont see how it'll affect boosting either, ppl will still pay for boosts strictly for the weekly.
    Which means efficiency matters more because you have to clear faster to get what you had previously which means lower level keys are still the most efficient way to go.

Blizzard continuing to demonstrate they don't know their own player base.

I do chuckle when people say that the changes are good because key carries are unhealthy and casuals should EARN their gear.

Have you guys played Legion yet? Heard much about WF / TF? you dont earn your gear anymore you luck out... therefore carrying casuals keys really has little impact on ilvl bloat / skill - gear disparity.

I don't get the dissenting of rushing, there are game modes that aren't a speed test, tryharding for time was part of what makes this mode fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Feel free to quote where it clearly states that
    To clarify: with these changes, the chest at the end of each Mythic+ run would contain a total of 3 items (2 if you don't beat the timer). That's split across the group, not per-person
    they just clarified it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    There is practically no reason to do this.
    You finish a dungeon within +3 time = your key upgrades to 3 levels higher and you receive 1 chest
    You finish a dungeon within +1 time = your key upgrades to 1 level higher and you receive 1 chest

Why ramp difficulty faster if you're not getting increased rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Old way of doing mythic + "Ok guys, lets 3 chest this! WoHOO"

New way of doing mythic + "Ok.... well, we did the dungeon too fast, we still have 7 min on a +2 keystone upgrade so.... i guess go to the bathroom or something? No, don't pull the boss, we want a +1 upgrade for more loot"

Seriously one of the more retarded choices lately if it goes through....

stupid shit right there
    Yeah, crap like this is why I don't like retail. All of these constant changes make it feel like we're playing a never-ending beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    You finish a dungeon within +3 time = your key upgrades to 3 levels higher and you receive 1 chest
    You finish a dungeon within +1 time = your key upgrades to 1 level higher and you receive 1 chest

Why ramp difficulty faster if you're not getting increased rewards?
    Because if you're going to 3 chest, it literally takes longer to 1 chest instead. So you're increasing difficulty but saving time... And considering you can auto-delevel your key by entering and exiting then resetting, there's no benefit to taking longer to do the dungeon in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Old way of doing mythic + "Ok guys, lets 3 chest this! WoHOO"

New way of doing mythic + "Ok.... well, we did the dungeon too fast, we still have 7 min on a +2 keystone upgrade so.... i guess go to the bathroom or something? No, don't pull the boss, we want a +1 upgrade for more loot"

Seriously one of the more retarded choices lately if it goes through....

stupid shit right there
    There's no reason to do what you're suggesting... You feel free to take an extra 7 minutes to do each of your dungeons. I'll 3 chest and be 7 minutes faster and therefore farm gear faster.

Lets just break this down... Lets assume a dungeon takes 30 minutes. That's 18 minutes to 3 chest and 24 minutes to 1 chest.

You (Taking 24 minutes each):
    2>3>4>5>6, total of 120 minutes for 15 pieces of loot.

Me (Taking 18 minutes or less each):
    2>5>8>11>14, total of 90 minutes for 15 pieces of loot. What will I do with that extra 30 minutes? Run more keys, getting an extra 6 pieces of loot.

I get 21 pieces of loot (More, because it didn't take me 18 minutes to clear the 2/5/8 for sure) in the same time you get 15. You feel free to use your backwards logic to farm slower than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Removing depleted = good change.

Removing personal loot = bad. Just splitting 2 or 3 items across the group? Lol no.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    If a change doesnt benefit casuals im happy to cheer for it
    I applaud you asshole

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    No, the 4 player do NOT want to carry you. They are pushed by the rewards. Once you take that bargain chip out of the picture, these 4 910 mythic geared player would NEVER bother inviting your hypothetical 850 alt.

Casuals should play with casuals. You should not be able to basically forbid other 850s access to a key they can profit from. Have some empathy for players that are on the same ilvl. You will play with others at your own ilvl, and if you cannot finish dungeons, fine, hardcores stop too, just they stop later. You will experience failure and hopefully learn from it, become better. There won't be any "alienation". There are a lot of other casuals to play with.

It doesn't matter.

We all went through stages of wipe&learn. being resilient and trying again is what makes you a better player. If you refuse to become a better player, you should not reap the rewards.
    Cool, then I as a casual myself WILL NEVER do keystones with other casuals as a way of protest... good day and F U sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Removing depleted = good change.

Removing personal loot = bad. Just splitting 2 or 3 items across the group? Lol no.
    Where does it say they are removing personal loot? They are saying the chest drops a guaranteed 2-3 pieces randomly split between the members of the party.

Its the same system as they use currently for the chests just with a different amount of chests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    This is a big nerf if you're farming +10s to try and get a specific item
    Confused on how it will change this? You can still do +10s for the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon3zz1001 View Post
    If the community wasn't so stingy this expansion they wouldn't have had to do this. It's pretty clear Blizzard doesn't like players asking for 30 ilvl higher than what drops from the dungeons.

I don't think that this will even lower M+ participation either but rather increase it now that keys can't be depleted and you can just run as many you want per week without having to find other peoples keys. This means people can actually just make groups instead of getting 24/7 declined from every group.
    you are right on the first point but not so sure about participation in M+. I would say the more likely situation is that high level players will not do as many and low level players will do a lot more since the consequences for a bad run will be just wasted time. Ive heard it said "bring the player not the class", well that faded completely when lfd and lfr were created for anybody that were not guildies. Now you look at an item level in lfg and pick based on that alone without even looking at character name. back when realm community mattered, people would look at character names and a reputation could be built up in that realm. now there is only a few people that matter in the game for players, and the others might as well be npc's that occasionally type "gg".

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Grusalugg View Post
    And what do you think this is dumbfuck?
    I think these are the shitty mmo NON-blizzard forums, dumberfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Or instead of wasting your time you could just do a second dungeon ?

Sorry to put some logic in here. But if you have 90 minutes to do some dungeon. Rushing them will still give you more loot because you'll run more dungeon than someone not able to 3 chests them...

Your game time is not infinite, no matter how nolife you are. Doing more dungeon in said time will give you more loot, period. No point in "waiting for timer".
    Either way you have to do 2 times the amount of dungeons to reach the amount of loot on live

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    I applaud you asshole

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, then I as a casual myself WILL NEVER do keystones with other casuals as a way of protest... good day and F U sir!
    actually i think the casuals should be seperated from the hardcores in as many ways as possible including servers. Once they do this, the developers can focus on making content that is based on how much money the individual groups are paying into the game. if there are more casuals then they get more content and visa versa. This is absolutely fair and would be a great way to get the lower paying group motivated to pay in for more content. Obviously the game tokens should only count if the player is buying it with real money and not with in game gold...

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Just change the numbers from 2-3 to 4-6 and everyone can just shut the fuck up already. Seriously.

Same top end of loot for the "farmers", but with a slight drop buff to groups that are inherently less time efficient by not "3 chesting" anyways. Done.
    much agreed.

Let's be honest. The only reason mythic+ has a high participation rate is because it was the fastest way to get to 54 traits. If this wasn't the case i bet participation would have been a lot lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Where does it say they are removing personal loot? They are saying the chest drops a guaranteed 2-3 pieces randomly split between the members of the party.

Its the same system as they use currently for the chests just with a different amount of chests.

- - - Updated - - -

Confused on how it will change this? You can still do +10s for the loot.
    Umm if you 3 chest a +10 which is quite easy you get 5-6 pieces of loot amongst the party. With the new system you get 3. AKA half the loot