Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I've always thought that jalepenos doesn't go on pizza, the flavor clashes big time. Same with anchovies.
    Jalapenos go great on nachos pizza. It's pizza with nachos on it.

Anchovies are awesome, never understood why some people don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I've just recently read that some people put bananas on pizza and I really want to try it.
    I had a banana and Nutella pizza once. It was okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well do you mean regular pizza? If so

nearly every single fruit
    I like how you said nearly so that no one can bring up tomatoes.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
    That's all there is to say.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    pig feces doesn't belong on pizza, I don't care what anyone says!

No fruits on pizza. Fruits make it tasteless.

Deleted
    Imitation American Cheese.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Those are fairly uncommon pizzas to be honest. Aside from the margherita, which looks pretty standard although adding the pecorino cheese is not common at all and outside of southern Italy one must request Buffalo mozzarella. Anyway, off the top of my head, the pizzas you are most likely to see on every menu in Italy are: margherita, prosciutto (ham), prosciutto e funghi (ham and mushrooms), 4 stagioni, capricciosa and "bianca" (no tomato sauce, only mozzarella and other cheeses). There are more that are very popular but these are true classics.
    That's what I mean, we do experiment a lot back home - so it's not like we hold 4/5 types of pizza sacrosant. Though, as a pizza homeland native, anything servied outside of Naples is not really Pizza.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well do you mean regular pizza? If so

nearly every single fruit
    "White" pizza with Pear and Parmesan, add a sprinkle of Rosemary.

Thank me later.

I personally don't like to add any toppings besides the cheese and the sauce.

Deleted
    Anything can go on pizza;

Pineapple
    Boiled/Fried Egg
    Mushroom
    Shrimps
    Sweetcorn
    Peas

Never understood where this whole thing about Pineapple came from, it's been around for at least 65 years and we only know it the 50's because it was on TV.

Deleted
    I think putting Soda on your pizza doesn't work very well. Or a bicycle. No sir.

Deleted
    Couple years ago I got a wrong pizza order and it had gorgonzola on it, it smelled disgusting. I'd say that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I mean you're wrong... but ok. In botany, a fruit is the seed bearing part of the plant. That's why the tomato is a fruit. But using that definition nearly all our vegetables are fruits. Cucumbers, sweet peppers, hot peppers, olives, zucchini, and tomatoes are all botanically fruits.

In CULINARY, a fruit is defined the sweet, seed bearing part of the plant. In culinary terms cucumbers, sweet peppers, hot peppers, olives, zucchini, and tomatoes are not fruits, they are vegetables.

Fruit (botanical) - The seed bearing part of the plant
    Fruit (culinary) - The sweet, seed bearing part of the plant

Hey, today you learned that words can have multiple meanings, cool!
    That's exactly what I meant, people want tomatoes to be vegetable because it fits their need in a culinary context, but before that there's the biology (your botanical meaning) that proves tomatoes are fruits, not vegetable. What people want them to be in a culinary situation doesn't change the fact that tomatoes are naturally fruits, not vegetables.

It's the exact same thing as people identifying as female when they are male. He is naturally and biologically male regardless of what he feels and wants to be.

Olives are the worst thing on a pizza.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cucumber. Definately cucumber. Which is probably why nobody does it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Saying something entirely based on personal taste is 100% wrong, is quite simply wrong.
    It is easier to argue what are traditional or not, but nobody can simply say that something liked by someone else "doesn't go" just because they don't like it.
    I never said tastes and opinions are wrong, I said they CAN be wrong, the possibility is always there. Liking something doesn't make it right. Serial killers enjoy murdering people, doesn't make it right. It's an extreme exemple but it's the same thought process going on in our mind, what makes us like/dislike things, and that is completely independent from our judgement. That's why bad music is so popular, it pokes right in the part of the brain that enjoys it without judging if it's good or bad. Couple that with the general musical ignorance of the mass who never looks further than what popular media throws at them and you get bad music that makes tons of money.

People are allowed to enjoy whatever food they want, whatever music they want, it doesn't mean it's good, everything can be rated OBJECTIVELY by people with enough knowledge and judgement and the ability to overcome/ignore their own bias.

Look at cooking shows on TV, everything looks delicious until a judge tastes it and says "this is not good because this and that". Any random John Smith who enjoys a hot pocket would taste that meal and think it's amazing, that's his opinion, he has the right to enjoy it, but maybe it's not good cuz he doesn't know what good food is. Good for him does not necessarily mean objectively good.

Many things which are sweet can work on pizza if the balance to the savory aspects is marinated.

I have had overly ambitions pizzas such as 'Chicken & Waffles' and 'Thanksgiving' pizza that were failures in understanding the pizza and the dishes that inspired these pizzas. Things such as 'Mac & Cheese' pizza work largely because the flavor profile is homogeneous in the majority of 'Mac & Cheese' pizza scenarios. However, even a 'Mac & Cheese' pizza can be deployed incorrectly if, for example, tomatoes or jalapenos are added to the Mac & Cheese either/or in the wrong quantity or cut.

Cut being a huge factor in the quality of deploying a atypical or non-meat topping on pizza. Perhaps experienced most commonly by the mundane consumer w/r/t bell peppers.

As a general rule, any non-meat which roasts well &/or can be consumed semi-cooked pleasantly is a 'go' on a pizza provided the flavor profiles are not strongly contradictory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    That's exactly what I meant, people want tomatoes to be vegetable because it fits their need in a culinary context, but before that there's the biology (your botanical meaning) that proves tomatoes are fruits, not vegetable. What people want them to be in a culinary situation doesn't change the fact that tomatoes are naturally fruits, not vegetables.

It's the exact same thing as people identifying as female when they are male. He is naturally and biologically male regardless of what he feels and wants to be.
    Nah it's not even that. The whole "culinary vegetable" thing came about because some rich person had investments in tomatoes, and (shockingly) didn't want them to be taxed, so obtained a loophole.

A tax loophole does not magically turn a fruit into a vegetable.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-04 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Nah it's not even that. The whole "culinary vegetable" thing came about because some rich person had investments in tomatoes, and (shockingly) didn't want them to be taxed, so obtained a loophole.

A tax loophole does not magically turn a fruit into a vegetable.
    That's actually interesting and amazing as fuck, do you have a source?

I'm not happy with the whole concept of "dessert pizza".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"