Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this is showing bm ranked 9th out of 24 specs I'm not seeing us middle of the road calm yourself
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

Quote Originally Posted by koltec View Post
    this is showing bm ranked 9th out of 24 specs I'm not seeing us middle of the road calm yourself
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11
    Thats because its 75th percentile which no one cares about at all because its pretty low gameplay. Move it up to 90+ and we are 12th, middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Thats because its 75th percentile which no one cares about at all because its pretty low gameplay. Move it up to 90+ and we are 12th, middle of the pack.
    75% is above average IMO.

BM would still be the 4th best ranged spec, with two specs being Warlock specs. Middle of the pack overall, but a top ranged spec. Overall in a good spot considering how favorable this expansion has been to melee.

Grass is always greener on other side, one class always think other class are better off, i do think nerfs are overly severe - but i also appreciate some people think bm is is overly strong. but these are all based on personal experiences, everyone knows a guy who can play any spec and rape everyone on skada. still early days and all feedback is useful feedback so long as it does not descend into a troll-flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I wish people would just quit shit-posting and acting like an authority on things they know nothing about.
    They "extra" legendary effect should have been baseline since beta. It has taken almost two years but we finally have it. There is no extra legendary because we can only wear two.

Hunters are not getting a "global" buff. They are getting a balance for an ability that should have been there in the first place. That is a big difference.

BM is not the strongest spec overall. There are probably 10 specs at least that are better than BM and they are called melee. They get to stand there, deal constant damage on the move and have no mechanics to deal with. There's another 10 range specs that give more output than BM. There is no way that we should be getting a nerf without receiving a buff to even it out. Getting shoulder ability is not a buff, it is a balance to something we should have had since beta.

We got a nerf in the T20 set. We are not getting it back. Blizzard never gives buffs out to hunters. Just nerfs after nerfs after nerfs.
    Your post is such utter horseshit I don't even know where to start.

Firstly, I said BM is "arguably the strongest overall spec we have currently" which is referring to hunters (ie. "WE have") so why you went on some fucking tangent rant about other ranged specs I don't know. Learn to read maybe?

Secondly, Mantle is the 2nd highest throughput Legendary for BM and its on average ~30k ahead of its next competitor. If you think getting that baseline for all hunters is not a massive buff you are delusional

Lastly, the point you completely missed because your the exact person my first line refers to, I said the third legendary "effect" and not that we can wear 3 legendarys. If you read instead of trying to snipe with me a re-quote of my own post you might have gathered the concept of gaining a legendary effect baseline which opens up the possibility of having the effects of 3 legendarys in 7.2.5 while only wearing 2.

TLDR: stop creating shitposts complaining about things you have no understanding of.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-05-04 at 08:24 AM.

With the changes we will get, it is most certain we will be quite high in the rankings. A nerf is justified.

With that said, I really don't believe Blizzard would make BM hunters more enjoyable just to make them bottom dps. They have shown that they want us to try out the new things, like DH and DK were strong at start.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    BM would still be the 4th best ranged spec, with two specs being Warlock specs. Middle of the pack overall, but a top ranged spec. Overall in a good spot considering how favorable this expansion has been to melee.
    I didnt say they werent good, just middle of the pack for dps. It doesnt matter if its ranged or melee, its still middle. I am also fine with bm and how its doing now and with the relic nerfs. They just seem a bit quick for the nerf when bm is basically in the same spot on ptr as it is on live, middle of the pack.

75th percentile is actually pretty high. Most people who try to get into a pug heroic tend to parse sub 50% for their ilvl. I consider myself a good hunter these days. I usually parse between 80 and 95 in heroic fights. However, sometimes I am chosen to deal with certain mechanics when other times I am not. Krosus for instance, I try to get the pitch in the far back which actually puts me out of range for telling my pet to kc sometimes. Which obviously drops my percentile. I usually look at 80th percentile when doing comparisons just because I feel 90 is too high to be a realistic expectation for most players.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Welcome to MM pre NH release?

Like, you guys (BM) got something you've been asking for since the beta. The main, if not ONLY thing keeping BM in the dumps, and they actually listened to player feed back on it and did it. They didin't do what they normally do and just change it to a way "they" feel is right. They outright implimented what the players wanted, well technically they did what they wanted to do. But obviously it was garbage so they putt their ego down and admitted to failure and did what is needed.

And then your tier gets nerfed and you complain, as if you guys did not just make history in Legion.

Deleted
    BM is currently upper middle.. at best it should be slap bang middle.. As you guys said melee dont have to do most of the mechanics.. well BM does and its still performing well..

I can go auto pilot and barely care about my "rotation" as BM and still do 850-1.2m dps on most fights

Not sure why everyone is so upset and/or didn't see this coming. BM gets a huge buff for everyone without shoulders. For those with, and even still those without, are still getting decent-good QoL and damage boosts. How did the people complaining in this thread not see some nerfs coming to compensate and still keep BM hunters where they are?
    As far as the tier being "nerfed," it's not even out yet and is being adjusted. It's possible that with the changes inc to BM's that the tier was making them OP. Now, if the changes to tier hit BM too hard then you have a right to be upset, but most if not all players have no idea how strong that would make the playerbase, and people are up in arms already about how shit BM will be.

I would take a convoluted ranged survival spec over bm any day... but I'm stuck with bm,caster,or melee... You all assume people play it because it is easy... no some of us play it to be a ranged bow user who isn't stuck staring at a cast bar all day..
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

I will still main BM on 7.2.5, since i still think MM is too RNG (procs) for me and my raid dont have room for a melee hunter.

Chill, they are still balacing 7.2.5 out. Started out as a nerf, then a buff, now some nerfs (its all adjustments). The relic/trait on JoT and PL might come with a buff to other traits later on. although with the changes to spect of the wild (GCD reduction) We might see a change from Mantle, to bracer/belt being mandatory. And it even further increases the power of Convergence of Fates. Will we be stuck to a previous raid trinket into ToS, like we did with BTI. Again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    The nerfs are justified, stop creating shitposts complaining about things you have no understanding of.
    Hi, I think you wandered into the wrong thread, this isn't about Frost Mages or Demon Hunters. Literally the only thing BM hunters are doing good (and not even that good) right now on live is single target dps. They don't need any kind of nerfs at all, they need buffs to be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korbben View Post
    The relic/trait on JoT and PL might come with a buff to other traits later on.
    There are literally no other traits besides our gold traits that will give us any kind of comparable dps buff.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-05 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Hi, I think you wandered into the wrong thread, this isn't about Frost Mages or Demon Hunters. Literally the only thing BM hunters are doing good (and not even that good) right now on live is single target dps. They don't need any kind of nerfs at all, they need buffs to be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

There are literally no other traits besides our gold traits that will give us any kind of comparable dps buff.
    The logs say otherwise, Bm is in a great spot at the moment, not too strong, not too weak. Putting out solid dps while remaining extremely mobile. If all they did was bake the shoulders effect into the spec, increase the range on kill command, and buff aspect of the wild, bm would probably be a top three spec for tomb. I am not saying I am against such buffs, but to say that bm is weak compared to other specs at the moment is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurabeth View Post
    The logs say otherwise, Bm is in a great spot at the moment, not too strong, not too weak. Putting out solid dps while remaining extremely mobile. If all they did was bake the shoulders effect into the spec, increase the range on kill command, and buff aspect of the wild, bm would probably be a top three spec for tomb. I am not saying I am against such buffs, but to say that bm is weak compared to other specs at the moment is incorrect.
    No the logs do not say otherwise, the logs show that basically only hunters in current BIS gear are able to parse upper mid-range and in many cases it is a dps nerf to run anything but pure single target talents simply because of pet travel time, focus cost of multi-shot and other issues with pet ai.

Example: MM hunters don't have this issue where they can't deal full dmg to Krosus right after bridge breaking, which is a pretty huge dps drop for bm. That said I didn't say BM is weak compared to other hunter specs, although it certainly is. I'm talking moreso against other classes, it's not the end all be all anything. It's just okay.

The nerfs have positively nothing to do with the few top bm hunter parses out there, it has to do with BM being overall capable of dealing good damage without good gear compared to other classes.

You act like it's outrageous for a hunter to ever be in the top 3 overall or something, how absurd. They usually are early on and in this expansion that is not the case, doesn't matter what spec we're talking about.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-05 at 01:10 AM.

BM has the easiest rotation in the game (even with shoulders) AND can do everything on the move. There is no reason they should be even middle of the pack, yet Blizzard throws you a bone.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. I main BM too, and I recognize that in terms of game design, you can't have a class that is a jack of all trades master of all.

Deleted
    For a supposed master of all spec I fail to see BMs #1 anywhere. Or even #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    For a supposed master of all spec I fail to see BMs #1 anywhere. Or even #2.
    My point is, people are complaining about not even being in the top 10. There is no reason BM should be top 10, hell, even top 20 DPS specs, given how easy it is to play and the the advantages it has over every other class.