Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Won't this solve itself to an extent? It's removing people that don't vaccinate from the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Won't this solve itself to an extent? It's removing people that don't vaccinate from the gene pool.
    Not really.

Some would likely turn into carriers and cause a mutation in the ailment to occur rendering the previous vaccination less useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't this solve itself to an extent?
    Herd immunity. It's like the insurance industry. As long as healthy people make up a lot of the population, everyone's more or less okay.

Remove the healthy people, and you get riggity riggity WRECKED son.

New business opportunity: Baby coffin crafting...

Deleted
    All you can do is keep vaccinating your children I guess and people who can't get vaccinations because of complications, hope for the best! I do understand the fear of vaccinations, but it's for the best to do it.

No ones winning.
    Stupid people in charge means everyone loses.

All 4 of our girls have had vaccinations and they have turned out just fine. Anti-vaxxers are just a bunch of knuckle-draggers that don't understand medical science.

Personally, I don't want these unvaccinated kids going to school with mine. If not already, there needs to be laws against allowing them to attend public schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also has the potential to wipe out people who aren't able to take the vaccinate, those whose body rejected it, infants and elderly.
    So it might wipe out some victims (the kids) of stupidity, but it'll also hit innocents who didn't get the choice to vaccinate (because their body can't take it).
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Keep in mind, too, it's highly likely everyone who is old enough to post legibly and consciously in this thread has been vaccinated and will not be harmed nor suffer. It's a generation of innocent babies and children that will suffer from this stupidity.

*edit - you could even go so far as to say most anti-vaxxers have been vaccinated and they won't suffer, either.

I wouldn't say having their kids die is winning, but whatever floats their boats.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically every anti-vaxxer I've ever met has been a hardcore full on hippy Liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    While I often agree with the adage "Don't attribute to malevolence what can be much easier explained by stupidity", Trump is a curious case. I often suspect he is basically like a bored billionaire who likes to just fuck with people. If I had to compare him to someone - probably Kefka or The Joker.
    Hey now, No need to be mean to Kefka or the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i don't really care either way but how is there gonna be an epidemic if people have the vax's they shouldn't get it even if others do.
    There are people who can't get vaccinations because they're honestly, truly and literally allergic to them. Additionally, the very young, very old or already very sick (with some other disease) are unable to get them as well for various reasons. The reason to have a high population of vaccinated people is protect the people who literally can't get vaccinated to act as a sort of insulation for them. If they're surrounded by vaccinated people who can't get sick and never exposed to someone who isn't vaccinated they can never contract the disease, or their chances of being exposed to someone with a viable disease is MUCH lower. That said, vaccines are not 100% effective and it is still possible to contract the disease, your body just knows how to fight it now that you're vaccinated so you don't stay sick as long, the effects/symptoms are diminished or eliminated, and because of this you as a carrier have a much lower chance of passing the disease on.

As with anything though, as I already said, nothing is 100% and nothing is completely foolproof or without it's risks....it's really just a statistics thing and having a higher population of vaccinated people severely decreases the occurrence rate.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i don't really care either way but how is there gonna be an epidemic if people have the vax's they shouldn't get it even if others do.
    A vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting a virus. It lessens the chance you will contract it, and it also lessens the effects and length of the virus should you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    The anti vaxxers, though, have a point.

Most of the vaccines have consequences and side effects. While those side effects are rather rare - they are still there.

When there is a lot of unvaccinated people around you - your chances of getting sick are high, and the risk of getting sick outweighs the risk of having the side effects.
    When 90-95% of the population is vaccinated your chances of getting sick are very low, while the chance of getting the side effects is the same.

So while those anti vaxxers are not the big part of the population they are gucci.
    Low chances of getting the disease, while not having to worry for the side effects.
    Go read up on herd immunity and why it is important that the vast majority of the population is immunized. The big issue is that beyond the percentage of the population that can't be immunized for health or age reasons more and more people are opting out of immunizing their children because of bullshit idiots and charlatans pander on the internet. Another issue is that people who don't immunize their kids actually put other people at risk in the public when they take their children out especially the very young and allergic. While yes there are risks to vaccines those risks are quite small and their is government funding set aside to pay for the medical care of a child who falls into that small percentage of vaccine users. Sadly for the good of everyone people need to be immunized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Ironically every anti-vaxxer I've ever met has been a hardcore full on hippy Liberal.
    Chris Christie, Donald Trump, increasing numbers of rich upper class parents, libertarians. That is a large number of people who are most definitely not "hardcore full on hippy Liberals." Anti-Vaxxers range all over the political spectrum but most definitely all stand together under the fucking idiot part on the intelligence spectrum.

Deleted
    Bizarre thread. It's like these people worship pharma companies the same way their ancestors worshiped idols and sacrificed people for a good harvest.

Paranoid people who are concerned about their kids mingling with the unclean can always homeschool their children except they probably need a little help when it came to science.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If you refuse to vaccinate your kids for no valid medical reason (immuno compromised) society should reserve the right to beat you to death with a tire iron when your goddamned kid dies of some dumb preventable disease. Hell...I would freaking volunteer to carry out the sentence.
    I'll settle for simple child neglect tbh. I look at parents who deny their children vaccines in the same spectrum as those who feed them nothing but soda and candy. Unfit parents that are simply putting their kids at risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Im probably going to be infracted for this, but whatever.

I wouldnt mind a somewhat big epidemic of one or two big diseases that currently have vaccins againts it.
    When the parents go on tv to cry their children died, you asked them : Did they received vaccins? No? Next!
    The real losers are the kids who had no choice in the matter.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe it will help the gene pool.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Sounds like a typical US problem though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Chris Christie, Donald Trump, increasing numbers of rich upper class parents, libertarians. That is a large number of people who are most definitely not "hardcore full on hippy Liberals." Anti-Vaxxers range all over the political spectrum but most definitely all stand together under the fucking idiot part on the intelligence spectrum.
    That we can most definitely agree on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Bizarre thread. It's like these people worship pharma companies the same way their ancestors worshiped idols and sacrificed people for a good harvest.

Paranoid people who are concerned about their kids mingling with the unclean can always homeschool their children except they probably need a little help when it came to science.
    I mean, how dare people not want diseases that should have easily been wiped out be pissed off that idiots that don't vaccinate for no other reason than idiocy continue to let it thrive.

I thought anti-vaxxers were stupid asshats until I started reading more when my own child was starting to receive vaccines. There are a lot of people who seem to have the same experience of their child receiving the large amount of vaccines then screaming for days and changing. The scary theory is that it taxes the childs immune system and causes brain swelling that leads to damage that appears similar to autism.

I don't know what to believe but I think spreading the vaccines out over a longer period is something that should be considered. My sons going to turn 1 year and I'm actually terrified about something happening to him. He's going to get vaccinated but a combination of canned unsatisfactory answers from the pediatrician and reading things beyond 'it causes autism" has me worried.