Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    This new Earthen Spike might work well with Overcharge. A 30% increase to every second Overcharge does look tempting.
    Windsong,Lightning Shield, Overcharge, FOA. Yeah.

Sadly this combination isnt supported by our legendaries. Akainu forces enhance into a fire/frost build. The new melee trinket we might end up using is fire damage too. T20 would synergize with 4pt20 though.

We will need to sim it. Either Akainu is bad or Earthen Spike is bad though...

But with Akainu and without 4p, a ptr test ended with 35% lava lash dmg and 8% hailstorm and only 17% storm strike....
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-05-03 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Earthen Spike is simply bad. I simmed my char with Akainu and different lvl 100 talents and got those results!

No talent 797k
    Earthen Spike 802k
    Ascendance 827k
    Landslide 851k.

So why should anyone ever not pick landslide? Especially considering Landslide works at cleave and AOE.

Of course that build (HS+HH+Akainu) emphasizes a lot on fire and frost damage, which arent affected by ES. But the difference is huge.

Now someone will have to sim whether those buffs are enough for ES to be preferred.
    Again, you're simming at sub optimal conditions. Rockbiter is getting turned into boulderfist by default which is 30% nature damage on that alone, then you have reworked tempest which we're unlikely to even get since it needs to be around 13% just to be on par with the old one afaik, so you might even take OC and 30% ontop of a 1500% dmg LB, which is nothing to scuff at.
    Regardless, it's now competing against Ascendance which got buffed, but is still absolute shit since we can fit maybe 4 SS into it? And reworked boulderfist.
    The issue is we now have is that landslide is on the same row as Hothand, which might pummel our gimmicky Akainus playstyle into the dust
    The new melee trinket we might end up using is fire damage too.
    It's actually quite bad for us, nothing amazing as most people expected it to be
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-05-03 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    It was obviously 7.2 sim. It was just here to show how bad ES is in current setting.

And why is the trinket bad? Actually, trinkets arent balanced at all so i wouldnt be excited or disappointed until we get the final version.

- - - Updated - - -

And about HH vs LS: deliver some sims. Landslide is only 5% dps for an Akainu build, HH nearly 10%. And actually without 4pt19, we end up having a lot more Lava Lash casts. I tested without T19 bonuses and got 35% Lava Lash damage and 17% stormstrike.

So i am pretty sure there is still a lot of simulations ahead. An Akainu build should prefer HH over LS and this vuild has 35% LL dmg, so Akainu effect contributes about 11-12% dps. So it has a big potential to make a weak talent combination very strong.

So e.g. if without Akainu an other build is 3% ahead over HH+HS, Akainu might make HH+HS still the strongest legendary combination BY FAR.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont have numbers yet, but PTR changes+loss of T19 lead to much less SB procs are much more Rockbiter+Lava Lash casts, so damage shifts from Stormstrike to Lava Lash, making Akainu even more powerful.

Dont forget: 2pt19 gave increased SS crit chance by over 30%, 4p increased the number of sb procs and ss casts. Old tempest amplified the chain SS system. Without 4p, damage shifts from SS to RB and LL, making Akainu a lot stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw i have the theory that going all out Lava Lash Akainu (perhaps 2pt20 cl every 16 sec) with titanforged offset will be a dps gain over 4pt20 with adjusted rotation unless you are very lucky at titanforged tokens.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-05-03 at 09:47 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How to make a spec more reliant on good luck, a guide by Blizzard.

at least the t20 4p is alot better. if theres alot of mobs, it wont take long to get stack up when we cleave and then land a massive CL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    at least the t20 4p is alot better. if theres alot of mobs, it wont take long to get stack up when we cleave and then land a massive CL
    We have different definitions of massive. 4pT20 is a very weak single target bonus. I will test it out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    We have different definitions of massive. 4pT20 is a very weak single target bonus. I will test it out later.
    On live my CL hits for 130k on average. With the buff from 100% to 150% damage that would be 195k damage. And with 10 stacks of the 4-set that would be 487k damage.

487k isn't a lot on single target, but as soon as you get 2-3 or more targets that number goes up fast. On a trash pack in m+ that would be 5m+ damage per CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Creekz View Post
    On live my CL hits for 130k on average. With the buff from 100% to 150% damage that would be 195k damage. And with 10 stacks of the 4-set that would be 487k damage.

487k isn't a lot on single target, but as soon as you get 2-3 or more targets that number goes up fast. On a trash pack in m+ that would be 5m+ damage per CL.
    thats what i was getting at. in a cleave situation, and now that its each time a SS hits some thing, it will get stacks real fast on cleave since CL makes SS or LL hit everything. and if this takes in account MH and OH SS hits, thats even better.

thats what i was getting at. in a cleave situation, and now that its each time a SS hits some thing, it will get stacks real fast on cleave since CL makes SS or LL hit everything. and if this takes in account MH and OH SS hits, thats even better.
    The new Earthern Spike also bumps up CL to 633k damage on single target (30% increased nature damage to the target). If only that was an aoe debuff and not just single target.

The new Earthern Spike also bumps up CL to 633k damage on single target (30% increased nature damage to the target). If only that was an aoe debuff and not just single target.
    that makes it an interesting ST option to go with the 4p tho

At this point I don't care anymore for class design, I just want to be competitive again.

CL doesn't make SS and LL hit everything, it makes SS and LL also pulse AOE damage equal to the damage done by CL.
    This is an important distinction because "SS and LL hit everything" would imply that SS would do more cleave damage than LL, which it doesn't, and that SS would generate more than one stack in AOE, which it also won't.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers might be pretty, but its still reliant on getting stormbringer procs when you need to cleave and will be a case of sitting on stacks untill you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    CL doesn't make SS and LL hit everything, it makes SS and LL also pulse AOE damage equal to the damage done by CL.
    This is an important distinction because "SS and LL hit everything" would imply that SS would do more cleave damage than LL, which it doesn't, and that SS would generate more than one stack in AOE, which it also won't.
    it does make them hit everything it says it in the tool tip. its just a matter if the 4p counts that. has it been tested? i cant get a character on the ptr to find out myself

Deleted

But you wont get always 10 stacks. I tried dumping prrtty often with cl and on pure single target it barely mattered. I had only 2% CL damage and i would have had only few stacks on many CL. Even assuming i get 2 stacks per SS, most would hsve been buffed by 30 or 60%, not 150%.

This makes the set bonus a 1-2% increase on ST. With Akainu it is a big dps loss to dump so often with CL.

So on pure single target it is very likely i ignore the set bonus and pick an Akainu spec with good offset items. 2 nice set pieces, rest would be high ilvl with haste/mastery.

Ignoring current 4p for single target seems very likely.

it does make them hit everything it says it in the tool tip. its just a matter if the 4p counts that. has it been tested? i cant get a character on the ptr to find out myself
    Crash Lightning doesn't make SS/LL hit everything - it causes an aoe pulse as Imnick states. If you check damage logs the cleave from SS/LL is counted as "Crash Lightning" damage, not SS/LL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    The numbers might be pretty, but its still reliant on getting stormbringer procs when you need to cleave and will be a case of sitting on stacks untill you do.
    Set bonus works at AOE. It doesnt work at single target. I hope simcraft will work soon so we can show simc results how bad it is. Current T19 bonuses are about 11-12% dps increase, the new ones are 3-4% and 1-3%, depending on talents and legendaries. So if Akainu ends up being best ST setup, we are looking at a very small dps increase for ST.

It also means we are FAR worse at single taeget and we alresdy are pretty mediocre/bad...

Being competitive is currently far away. Without massive buffs enhance will be even worse than now.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-05-04 at 07:01 AM.

Read the tooltip again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Read the tooltip again.
    Not any mention of pulsing damage, that would be passive damage. It say's ss and ll also deals X damage to all targets in front of you. It's only when you do one or the other. And I get that it counts it as CL damage. I'm asking if anyone has tested to see if the set bonus counts that cleave since it's activated by SS. I constantly get errors when trying to copy to the ptr so i can't test it myself. If not then I agree it's an aoe setup only since the cleave effect from CL is effected by anything that boosts CL damage. We would pool 10 charge's and CL when adds cone out for a burst
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-05-04 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Not any mention of pulsing damage, that would be passive damage. It say's ss and ll also deals X damage to all targets in front of you. It's only when you do one or the other. And I get that it counts it as CL damage. I'm asking if anyone has tested to see if the set bonus counts that cleave since it's activated by SS. I constantly get errors when trying to copy to the ptr so i can't test it myself. If not then I agree it's an aoe setup only since the cleave effect from CL is effected by anything that boosts CL damage. We would pool 10 charge's and CL when adds cone out for a burst
    Set isnt for sale so you cant test set bonuses yet.