Thread: Rip m+

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Ummmm For fun?

A lot of people seem to forget this is a game and not a job. I'll log on with some friends, jump on discord and we'll run a few keys. We'll bring in each others to clear the 10 for the week but then we'll all jump on our mains and push some high 15-20 keys for fun.
    when all they do is make completely unfun affixes, that dont scale with the dungeon level, but with player level (which is just riridculous), its hard to get excited about 5th dungeon in row, where you have to throttle yourself like crazy due to bursting or get carpal tunnel from trying to target orbs in the middle of the pack during explosive

we had fun 3 chesting couple of 10-12s on the weekend for the odd chance of nice titanforge after we were done with the weekly push, that fun is now cut in half, if aiming for specific items got twice as hard...

Deleted
    As someone who can only really get TF upgrades from m+ and were already 2-3 chesting +15s this change makes me even less incentivized to run M+. Doing m+ for AP already feels not rewarding enough and now they are taking away gear feeling rewarding aswell.. oh well, world quests and raids it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    If you read the whole post youd know that they increased the reward, not "cut it in half"

Useless whine thread
    We're getting 3 items instead of 6 for maximum difficulty that awards improved loot after this change

Yes, the maximum loot difficulty (10 now, 15 in TOS gear) is easy enough to reliably 3 chest, that's not our fault.

Cap is 890 on live right now, it should be 900-910 for the actually hard difficulties that can't be 3chested to make a change like this work at all.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-05-04 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    With the new changes, Blizz has made the M+ system more difficult for lower and higher geared players, while cutting the rewards in half at the same time.

Was fun while it lasted. Now I'll do my 4 emissaries and then have nothing to do until weekend raid.

RIP the M+ system
    there is a very simple solution to this though - upgrade all rewards by 15 itlevels so that mythic + will still be real alternative to raiding

if not they could as well remove them as nobody will run them anymore.

@Sarevokcz

Yeah, I know what you mean. Did a 16 Upper Khara on Teeming/Quaking/Fortified the other night. It was the most painful M+ i've run in probably 2 months.

at 2 (3 if within timer) drops per run, shared between the WHOLE group, I'll likely just focus efforts on ToS raids and do old raids for AP once they turn M+ into a dead horse

Is this the thread where people who felt they were "forced" to farm M+ now complain that this is no longer the case?
    I like this. This might increase the chances of meeting people that do M+ pugs merely for fun&challenge.

This might increase the chances of meeting people that do M+ pugs merely for fun&challenge.
    Can we remove the loot from TOS so that we can raid whatever difficulty we want for the fun&challenge too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Old 3 chest = 6 pieces, new "3" chest = 3 pieces, hence, cut in half
    I've never seen someone get 6 pieces of loot in a single mythic. The most i've ever received was 3 pieces of loot from 3 chests. If you average it out, this new system will be more rewarding. I'd rather be guaranteed 3 pieces of loot than the chance I get nothing but gold/AP.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I've never seen someone get 6 pieces of loot in a single mythic. The most i've ever received was 3 pieces of loot from 3 chests. If you average it out, this new system will be more rewarding. I'd rather be guaranteed 3 pieces of loot than the chance I get nothing but gold/AP.
    If you do it in time with 3 chest your group will get 6 pieces, that's how it is, not random or legion shit, you get 6 pieces. That will change it to 3.

Nowadays there is no point on doing m+ for ap and the only incentive was to get gear (titanforged proc but well, 6 pieces maybe if you are lucky...) with this new system there is no more incentive anymore, just do 1 per week and move on.

Very blizzard change, someone is having fun, let's fuck them up

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's group based not individual based. In 7.2 they group gets six pieces in 7.2.5 the group will get 3. Only time you were ever guaranteed a piece of loot was beta

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people STILL think you're going to get more loot. It's 3 PIECES (if you complete it in time) for the ENTIRE GROUP. It was 6 PIECES before.

The chance that you get nothing but AP and gold is even worse in the next patch.

Deleted
    So, you are all 3 chesting +15 or what? What I see in these changes is a posibility of having 1 more item if we beat the timer in high M+, instead of just running it for weekly chest and not caring about the timer.

I like this change.

I don't farm low level Mythic+, so the whole losing 3 items doesn't really affect me. I only aim for 10 and up. I pug all my runs so they generally either run out of time, or we're only a few moments off of failing the timer.

So this change is overall great! There will be loads more of high end M+ for me to pug now that keys won't get depleted. And there is no reason to "Rush rush rush!" it anymore.

There is more good out of this than bad. No more seeing "3 chest group only! 900+ Ilvl for my +3 key!" so low Ilvl players will start seeing runs more frequently.

I haven't been in game for a few days, has this change gone active or is this something on the PTR waiting for 7.2.5?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lubofm View Post
    So, you are all 3 chesting +15 or what? What I see in these changes is a posibility of having 1 more item if we beat the timer in high M+, instead of just running it for weekly chest and not caring about the timer.
    Depends on Affixes and dungeon sometimes. But in the volcanic, sanguine and fortified week aka no Affix week it is very easy to 2-3 chest keys of 15 and higher.

Managed to 2 chest VotW +19, failed VotW + 20 2 Chest by ~30 seconds.

Looks very different in tyrannical weeks.

If you are looking for a specific trinket or relic from Dungeons this is a very bad Change. As Frost DK i cant stand to see BRH any longer but since ToS has again no Blast Radius Frost relic i have to do it again when the base ilvl of +15 in ToS is raised, yay!

So yes, it's fewer total items than a 3-chest finish in 7.2. However, it's an increase in items for players doing 1-chest clears at an appropriate difficulty level. This is also why I mentioned that the difficulty cap for M+ will be increasing to 15 once Tomb opens on Mythic.
    I dont get, are they trying to soften the blow? +15 will be farmed up to +3 in a month of 7.2.5 by many groups, and this still be 3 items instead of 6. It is already hard to receive an upgrade from M+ - I havent seen any in last month - srsly. They should at least buff ilvl of gear then to be closer to Mythic Raid ilvl.

Only beta.....

Deleted
    only +1 item for a 3chest run will not work and they will improve the drop rates sooner or later. First of all this is not final yet and not set in stone forever once they implementing it this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    I dont get, are they trying to soften the blow? +15 will be farmed up to +3 in a month of 7.2.5 by many groups, and this still be 3 items instead of 6. It is already hard to receive an upgrade from M+ - I havent seen any in last month - srsly. They should at least buff ilvl of gear then to be closer to Mythic Raid ilvl.
    Oh yes, please let the snooze fest that m+10 is at the moment (and m+15 will be in TOS gear) reward you with items that took a 20-person group 10s of hours to progress on and has a weekly lockout.

I would be OK with them increasing the WF/TF chance by 1% per level over 10 (or 15 after TOS), but definitely not let it drop mythic raid level loot as a base... Alternatively, max +10 could increase ilvl to mythic raid level loot. A +20 at the moment is still hard-ish. Make it +25 when TOS comes out.

THAT would incentivize people to play higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    I don't think anyone at a high level actually runs m+ to target the gear.. its more for the AP, and any gear received is a bonus.

Because they aren't changing the AP, m+ will still be viable. So... not rip? m+.
    Well, at least I do it for the equipment and not the AP and I am a mythic raider, so...