Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The more we shield Muslims from adhering to the same standards and being subject to the same rules as everybody else, the longer integration & reform of Islam takes.

She can wear whatever she wants to please her husband/parents/friends/teacher, but nobody else is allowed to wear random head-dresses in this particular sport - it has rules. If you can't make the "choice" to just not wear it for one activity, then don't take part.

There's the rub, though: Hijab is not simply "a choice". That's just a lie white liberals and western Muslim women tell so they can make excuses for Islam. If it were then there wouldn't be such strict adherence to the practice and special pleading surrounding it. Almost like indoctrination is powerful, almost like they don't really have a choice.
    You can wear a hijab if you want. no one is stopping you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    50 years ago it wasn't uncommon in Europe for any women to wear some sort of hair-kerchief or whatever it was called. Some of your granmas might still wear some of those colorful thingys.
    I'm curious was it common back then to get threats of violence if they didn't want to use them?

Deleted
    Because telling someone what they cannot wear something is not much better then forcing someone to wear something.

Both are equal intrusion on Personal rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    While most get beat up or worse if they don't.
    Yep, this is a good reason to do things. /obvioussarcasmbutfeeltheneedtopointoutitssarcasmbecausethisguyisanidiot

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare somebody like something what we don't! Clearly, they're forced to! Only our ways are acceptable, anything else is indoctrination! It's not ironic at all, no sir!

Here's another idea: ban pants cause freedom of balls. (Hopefully idiosity will never reach that far, I don't like the feeling of shaft swinging chaotically when moving)
    Actually, why stop there? Why stop at all? Stop at nothing! #banforfreedom

On topic: This is not about religious freedom or anything. It's a sport with rules and you can either follow them or not do the sport. That's pretty simple.

On oppression: One should neither force women to wear these things, nor forbid them to. Both are restricting their rights. Just wearing that thing is not oppression, it is simply something that Western people have come to see that way because women must wear that in societies where they are oppressed. The oppression here comes from the fact that they have no choice but to wear it, not the act of wearing it itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't understand the issue here. Those who want to wear a hijab should be forbidden from doing so, while those who would prefer to to wear it should be forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Telling them they can't, is not much different than telling them they must. Freedom goes both ways.
    I have to agree with you on this one.

If she can wear her hat, so can I. Church of baseball mother fuckers, been around a lot longer than that shit. And, most importantly, is more respected.

Fight me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can wear a hijab if you want.
    You can leave your friends behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Whether or not they're forced to wear it, it's still a symbol off a backwards, oppressive set of ideas that has absolutely no place in a modern, free thinking society.
    That someone would actually fight to wear this is beyond any kind of reason.

Deleted
    Sounds like a solid videogame title imo.

Hijab fighter TURBO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    On topic: This is not about religious freedom or anything. It's a sport with rules and you can either follow them or not do the sport. That's pretty simple.
    Unfortunately it's not. We've seen tons of cases of women suing employers so they don't have to follow a certain uniform due to religious reasons. Often they've been shut down, but not across the board. Remember, rules don't apply to you if you really, really believe in something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Unfortunately it's not. We've seen tons of cases of women suing employers so they don't have to follow a certain uniform due to religious reasons. Often they've been shut down, but not across the board. Remember, rules don't apply to you if you really, really believe in something.
    Wearing one of those beer can helmets with straws really reallybrings me closer to the lord... If enough people get stupid with me we can legalize and I can sue my boss for a big pay day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Wearing one of those beer can helmets with straws really reallybrings me closer to the lord... If enough people get stupid with me we can legalize and I can sue my boss for a big pay day
    More or less what happened with the Spaghetti monster and the colander.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Welcome to religion.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Whether or not they're forced to wear it, it's still a symbol off a backwards, oppressive set of ideas that has absolutely no place in a modern, free thinking society.
    That someone would actually fight to wear this is beyond any kind of reason.
    No, you make it a symbol of ''insert random misguided opinion''

The women wearing these don't see it as a symbol of oppression, so it's more you trying to force others you're specific idea's on what they should be wearing and how they should be thinking.

You're arguing that they are oppressed but you don't have any shred of proof that they are oppressed

Deleted
    Telling them they can't, is not much different than telling them they must. Freedom goes both ways.
    How is introctrinating children freedom? They are told from a young age that they should wear it for all sorts of dumb reasons.

That is freedom to all of you? Remember how many gay people have such traumatic issues because of their introctrinatination as a child on how being gay is so bad? That is freedom?
    Last edited by mmoc0d8e6c2903; 2017-05-04 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Religion? Culture? Tradition? Indoctrination? Forced by their loving husbands?

Who knows.
    Any of those can be true, and its not oppressive if its a choise. Not everyone who wear a hijab is forced to.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. They should be able to exercise their right to practice their religion in any lawful way. As long as they are not hurting others by doing so, let them.

this is what indoctrination does.

it's similar to a beaten wife going back to her abuser. you gotta break the mentality to fix it.