10+ Year Old Account
    I do apologize for trying to take the title of King of liking unpopular anime.. @Epuration has been Emperor forever, and my claim is an affront to him. Please forgive me!

I caught up with Rokudenashi and SukaSuka last night, and they were both great, more importantly SukaSuka! Tissues were out, and enjoyed every moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I do apologize for trying to take the title of King of liking unpopular anime.. @Epuration has been Emperor forever, and my claim is an affront to him. Please forgive me!

I caught up with Rokudenashi and SukaSuka last night, and they were both great, more importantly SukaSuka! Tissues were out, and enjoyed every moment.
    THAT HUG THOUGH, BRO.
    @Epuration dxdhasplot.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    SAO isn't unpopular or unliked. there is a large contingent that rightfully points out the huge list of issues with the show (i am one of them), however if you go talk to anyone, SAO is a commonly liked anime for casual anime fans.
    Problems with SAO, anime version, majoritarily come from adapting a romance novel into an action anime. The source material obviously isn't perfect but the anime misses the point almost entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I'm the king of liking Unpopular anime! I don't think they're unpopular, as really just garbage.
    - SAO!
    - Rosario + Vampire (watch it at least once a year)
    - Garbage comedies like Yamada's First Time
    - High School of the Dead / DxD
    Most of those are quite good really. Only one I need to give another try is yamada at some point.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm literally out of words to describe today's Saekano. Just... WOW.

Why can't we have this every week? Why are Utaha focused episodes always so much better than all the others combined?

Koisuru Metronome should get an anime adaptation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Koisuru Metronome should get an anime adaptation.
    Knowing our luck we'll get egoistic lily adaptation
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Don't give the anime industry any ideas please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Dude...

SukaSuka 1-4: That hat is the cutest thing ever. Daughterus too precious for best girl shit so not going to pick one.
    This show was nice. Ok. It didn't feel that special but it's nice. The latest episode really toyed with my feelings and I think this was for the best. Fuck going full edge.
    Also, is it just me or is the OP trying to spoil me or something? If so, fucking stop that nipps.

I find it weird how the translators didn't translate the episode titles though. They're pretty artsy.

Any more news on Nyaa?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Any more news on Nyaa?
    It's dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Any more news on Nyaa?
    An archive is up, which is good, but other than that nothing, except HS saying that some trusted people are making a new tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Problems with SAO, anime version, majoritarily come from adapting a romance novel into an action anime. The source material obviously isn't perfect but the anime misses the point almost entirely.
    even the original script was shit at the romance.

- - - Updated - - -

so Saekano - lots of Utaha, and while Erishit might have played it cool over the phone if she could see the way Utaha was dressed during the latter half of the episode she would have gone ballistic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What are some unpopular anime (disliked/hated by the mainstream) that you enjoyed?
    Samurai Flamenco, probably. Most people like to complain about the tone-shift, saying it jumped the shark then. I personally believe it just got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I think people mostly didn't like it while it was airing. A year or so after and all I've heard since is good reviews, and I haven't seen a single person not like the movie.
    I thought the movie was mediocre

- - - Updated - - -

Tsuki ga Kirei 05 - I'm starting to get a bad feeling this isn't going to end well. I really hope they stay together in the end.

I think people mostly didn't like it while it was airing. A year or so after and all I've heard since is good reviews, and I haven't seen a single person not like the movie.
    I still see a lot of people shit on the series, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody trash the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I really feel like I should rewatch Shinsekai Yori sometime but SSY is probably the anime that has me the most afraid of not enjoying it as much on a rewatch as I did on my first watch. I still think the moral greyscales are in SSY are amazing and we all know that the discussions that can be had about it are almost infinite.

Your review and the blog post you linked were both enjoyable reads.
    The only part of the series I didn't enjoy as much as the first time I watched was the part where they were hiding in the hospital and that was only because I knew what was going to happen next. The rest of the series was really enjoyable to re-watch because you saw all the pieces and knew how they were going to fall in place later. The attention to detail is fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The only part of the series I didn't enjoy as much as the first time I watched was the part where they were hiding in the hospital and that was only because I knew what was going to happen next. The rest of the series was really enjoyable to re-watch because you saw all the pieces and knew how they were going to fall in place later. The attention to detail is fantastic.
    Through my second watch I had the same experience. The hospital part was weakest, and for that exact reason. Everything else was even better.

Through my second watch I had the same experience. The hospital part was weakest, and for that exact reason. Everything else was even better.
    I felt like that part was only a little too long. I mostly felt that the initial Monster Rat episodes and the Tokyo part held the series down. I know that the first part was important for laying things out, but watching it again I definitely noticed more thin points than the rest of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally playing fate extella, finished the first campaign story: wow that was a surprisingly dark ending....though I suppose it's Fate. I'm assuming there's some true epilogue after finishing the other campaigns
    [CENTER]

not anime related but - whats the overall opinion of gamers on Legend of Heroes, Trails in the Sky?