Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I wonder what his motives were?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sorry, but our Constitution and laws pertaining to issues within the US are primarily meant for US citizens. So your point is irrelevant.
    You misunderstand. It doesn't matter what laws you pass in a given state when gun proliferation at a national level is so extreme.

Not that you can actually pass gun control laws, since the 2010 SC ruling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    How do you know that is how they mostly get them? You do know guns are also smuggled across the border and shops are broke into. But yeah, I will grant you some are also stolen off individuals. But because some cars are stolen and then used in a crime, the ones who owned them legally should not be able have them because they were stolen? And your last point fails to mention that the great majority of gun crimes are committed by people who would not normally be able to get one legally.
    Because, i don't know, cars are not designed with killing someone else in mind?
    And for the second thing, the fact that there are so many guns around makes it trivial to ban some people from having guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol! True. Funny how it is normally not the gun rights people who turn these gun related threads into a gun control issue. But I do enjoy defending the rights of people in the US to keep and bear arms.

This case is just another incident of some scum bag wanting to force their will on others. To blame the tool used is ridiculous.
    Gun rights people do not bring it up, because they want to keep their guns.

And again the "tool defence" right, because the tool totally isn't designed for killing.

I know but surely removing the whole "right to bear arms" thing would make murders in general less frequent no?
    Removing guns wouldn't solve the problem and likely increase murder as people would have to move from expensive weaponry that requires practice to be accurate with (guns), to cheap weaponry that can induce heavy and lasting damage simply from gravity (knives). If we want the gun problem to go away in the United States, we need to start pushing for people to be less emotional and reactionary and more even-keeled. We also need to start taking mental health far more seriously than we do, both in terms of research, diagnosis and understanding, because too many people who should seek professional help don't and misdiagnoses due to many differing illnesses having overlapping symptoms happens more often than it should.

Ssssshhh, the gun nuts will hear you! They'll tell you that "guns don't kill people, people kill
    people!", and they'll annoy you to death by droning on and on about the 2nd Amendment,
    before finally frustrating you with their Murica' attitude.
    Today I learned that understanding high school physics and the concept that inert objects will never pose harm to a living creature on their own without some kind of outside interaction is having a 'Murica' attitude. Life sure is amazing.

And finally, as usual, Republicans. They like their expensive toy guns, and fuck you and anyone
    else who gets blown away. See the results of the Connecticut Massacre for an accurate example
    of how Republicans feel about the choice between protecting you or their guns.
    The Horseshoe Theory claims yet another victim.

The US's homicide rate is about 4 times that of its peers, NOT including suicides.
    Can you please detail how removing firearms would lower the rate of homicides in the United States, as you are clearly implying that it would?

And again the "tool defence" right, because the tool totally isn't designed for killing.
    Of course it is. The problem is that morons do not understand that:

A: Anything can be used for killing
    B: A tool designed for efficient killing (i.e. a weapon) cannot do anything on its own.

Go buy a pistol from Walmart and put it on your table and tell me when it loads itself and fires. Go on, I'll wait, I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by aerosyne View Post
    Of course it is. The problem is that morons do not understand that:

A: Anything can be used for killing
    B: A tool designed for efficient killing (i.e. a weapon) cannot do anything on its own.

Go buy a pistol from Walmart and put it on your table and tell me when it loads itself and fires. Go on, I'll wait, I have time.
    You dont fucking get it, the mere presence of a firearm compels a person to commit murder! lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I wonder what his motives were?
    Keeping a tyrannical government in check.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Because, i don't know, cars are not designed with killing someone else in mind?
    And for the second thing, the fact that there are so many guns around makes it trivial to ban some people from having guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Gun rights people do not bring it up, because they want to keep their guns.

Its designed for penetrating from a distance. Much like a knife is designed for cutting/penetrating, or a hammer is designed for bashing. Just because you do not see it as a tool (one used for protection, personal enjoyment, and/or a means of obtaining sustenance), does not mean it isnt a tool.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Its designed for penetrating from a distance. Much like a knife is designed for cutting/penetrating, or a hammer is designed for bashing. Just because you do not see it as a tool (one used for protection, personal enjoyment, and/or a means of obtaining sustenance), does not mean it isnt a tool.
    Exactly, or protecting your crops and/or livestock from predators.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    A lot of people in Chicago must be trying to obtain sustenance then
    Yea no, a gun is a tool made to kill stuff, just like i said in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Can't be an active shooter if you don't have a gun. So active stabber.
    Can't be an active stabber if you don't have a knife. So active trucker

Deleted
    Holy hell, gun free zones work so well! We need to ban gun free zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Gotta ban cars aswell, while we are at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Gotta ban cars aswell, while we are at it.
    Not just any cars, trucks. Swedish politicians unironically suggested this, in the past, our hilarious idea.

America gonna America... Nothing will change sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Except you can bring guns to Texas campuses

lul