Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I still have huge scar on my shoulder from MMR vaccine that by mothers recollection caused huge pain and swelling. Perfectly visible 36 years later...
    A scar on your shoulder or being dead.

I wonder what people will choose...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I read this opinion piece and was wondering what you guys thought about this? Could we see an epidemic soon because of people's unwillingness to protect not only their child but the rest of the population?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/o...ning.html?_r=0
    Vaccines are bad, The Earth is flat, Obamacare is great. Fuck 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    This is still a thing? I would have thought they would have all died out by now. Natural selection needs to hurry the F up.
    Unfortunately it's their kids that die as they all have been vaccinated as children.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

Funny how context is important, no?
    Have you ever had a child vaccinated? They don't give them all at once, they are spread out over time. This is a classic Trump back peddle.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Have you ever had a child vaccinated? They don't give them all at once, they are spread out over time. This is a classic Trump back peddle.
    Some vaccines are 3 in one, 9 in one, stuff like that. It may be one single shot, but it's multiple vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    This is still a thing? I would have thought they would have all died out by now. Natural selection needs to hurry the F up.
    It doesn't work that way because anti-vaxxers benefit from the very thing they condemn. They can only exist as long as the diseases that are vaccinated against are kept in check by not-completely-fucking-stupid people getting vaccines. Because the instant those diseases become a problem again, no one is going to listen to these dipshits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It used to be. Then the fearful uninformed started taking over. Fear is a strong motivator, when it comes to topics people don't have a solid grasp on they will buckle to fear due to lack of knowledge.
    True, look at Brexit, Trump, and the anti-immigration movements.
    What are they being driven by if not fear.
    And that is exactly what is being abused by people pushing those agenda's, fear of crime, fear of jobs, fear of terrorism, fear in general.

What I fear more is what happens with those people in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

...ehhh... most pediatricians will try to give all the recommended shots for a child at the same time to reduce their work load, and its also helpful to parents since they don't have to schedule subsequent visits until the next scheduled point. Most children will be fine with it, although the doctors will spread the shots out over 1-2 weeks if you request it.

My daughter got her first round of shots all at once, and it caused extreme lethargy, fever, and a mild varicella outbreak. She was also fighting a cold at the time, so everything at once seemed a bit too much for her system. Next time we told the doctor what happened and asked if we could spread it out, and the doctor was agreeable (although she clarified that she couldn't conclude that it was any of the vaccines [individually or in combination] that caused the symptoms, however there wasn't any harm in staggering them).

If a parent doesn't get the big core vaccinations for the child (DTaP, MMR, Hib, Hep A, etc.) without a legitimate medical reason, or clear resource deficiency (there isn't a doctor around that can do it, they can't get insurance, etc.) then it should be grounds for a neglect charge. They're willfully increasing the potential harm to both their child and other children by a substantial degree. That should just not be allowed to stand. Things like flu, and HPV should still remain elective though. Flu mutates too fast and the strains covered are only the ones estimated to be big during the current season, and HPV is only for a few of the most prominent strains.

Glad to see a great change is being pushed forward. No body should have to take these shots.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Some vaccines are 3 in one, 9 in one, stuff like that. It may be one single shot, but it's multiple vaccines.
    So, he misspoke? Because dose has a meaning, and 0.5 mL is not "massive" by any stretch of the imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    ...ehhh... most pediatricians will try to give all the recommended shots for a child at the same time to reduce their work load, and its also helpful to parents since they don't have to schedule subsequent visits until the next scheduled point. Most children will be fine with it, although the doctors will spread the shots out over 1-2 weeks if you request it.
    The vaccine schedule is published by the CDC and your pediatrician really shouldn't be deviating from this.

This bugs me because the slivers of truth about the risks of vaccines will inevitably get lost in the paranoia.

Personally I believe the ones that change significantly and often, and thus are never well tested (i.e. flu vaccines) may not be worth the risk for those to whom flu is not deadly. There are documented cases of such vaccines causing horrible, debilitating side effects (narcolepsy is one I remember from an article around 2010).

Major disease vaccinations absolutely ought to be mandatory, but I don't like the slope toward "all vaccines are perfectly fine".
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Im probably going to be infracted for this, but whatever.

I wouldnt mind a somewhat big epidemic of one or two big diseases that currently have vaccins againts it.
    When the parents go on tv to cry their children died, you asked them : Did they received vaccins? No? Next!
    So you want innocent children to die just to satisfy your "i told you so" urge ? yeah... you need help

Homophobia is so gay.

The vaccine schedule is published by the CDC and your pediatrician really shouldn't be deviating from this.
    A week or two isn't a meaningful derivation ortherwise a lot more children would get sick from their doctor not having an appointment time. The shot window is around a month for most shots, and even the CDC vaccine schedule shows that some shots have a window of 3months. The 3rd dose of Hep B can even be given between 6 and 18 months; a 1 year window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    When you actually watch a child become horribly sick for an extended period of time after a vax cocktail it will change your opinion. Alot of kids here with no adulthood responsibilities.
    And how many children does this happen to? Mind you that's actually directly linked to the vaccine and not some coincidental Johnny got the stomach flu two days after his vaccine.

Side effects happen. They are rare and it's always unfortunate when it happens. You know what else is unfortunate? Dying to measles or living in an iron lung because of polio.

Just because someone somewhere got ill from a vaccine shot doesn't negate the good vaccines do.

A week or two isn't a meaningful derivation ortherwise a lot more children would get sick from their doctor not having an appointment time. The shot window is around a month for most shots, and even the CDC vaccine schedule shows that some shots have a window of 3months. The 3rd dose of Hep B can even be given between 6 and 18 months; a 1 year window.
    The point was that there is a published schedule, your pediatrician shouldn't be giving your child a bunch of vaccines because they are busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone on the pro-vaccine side would argue with spreading out the vaccines to avoid taxing a child's system. In fact I fully support a re-visitation of the schedule to see if there is a better way to manage these that minimize side effects that may occur due to multiple doses at once.

How can they win if a good deal of them condemns their kids to death? Don't worry, Darwin will solve this!
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Glad to see a great change is being pushed forward. No body should have to take these shots.
    Yes...everyone should have the freedom to be patient zero for the next measles outbreak! Freedom and liberty to all! (Except of course those immunocompromised who just want the freedom to a healthy life. Fuck those guys)

- - - Updated - - -

So, he misspoke? Because dose has a meaning, and 0.5 mL is not "massive" by any stretch of the imagination.
    To be fair 0.5 mL of water is quite a bit different than 0.5mL of pure colchicine.

Dosing is dependent on the potency and toxicity of what you are being dosed with.

But yes, to your point the doses of vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    To be fair 0.5 mL of water is quite a bit different than 0.5mL of pure colchicine.

Dosing is dependent on the potency and toxicity of what you are being dosed with.

But yes, to your point the doses of vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective.
    The dosage of each vaccine has been tested, along with the schedule by which they are administered.

There is no "massive" dosage. It's a misnomer being used to confuse ignorant people into thinking vaccines that give multiple vaccinations from a single shot are in some way different from giving them in individual injections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    How can they win if a good deal of them condemns their kids to death? Don't worry, Darwin will solve this!
    Their stance is that they would rather their kid die, then be autistic.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

A scar on your shoulder or being dead.
    Most people will not end up dead from neither vaccine nor disease. Absolute majority. At least as far as measles are concerned.

I wonder what people will choose...
    They should choose whatever causes least risk at the moment; this evaluation changes with amount of people already vaccinated and how often disease is actually encountered.

Think of it as insurance. Insurance is cheaper if everyone gets insured. But that also means that most people never actually see payout in their lifetime, and in fact lose money.