Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If it doesn't have a scene where the boys gangbang the girl I will be disappointed.
    Oddly, I think King might have forgotten he even wrote that scene in It. I don't think anyone wants to see a bunch of 12 year olds doing this though. (Oddly, this is probably one of the more disturbing things in a King novel <at least in my top 5>).
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I love Idris in everything, even The Office. Felt very wasted in Thor.
    How did i never notice that Idris?? I just had to google it to see when he was in the office, must have watched it about 20 times, never once noticed that Charles was Idris....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Oddly, I think King might have forgotten he even wrote that scene in It.
    Drugs....

I don't think anyone wants to see a bunch of 12 year olds doing this though.
    You are so wrong. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Oddly, this is probably one of the more disturbing things in a King novel <at least in my top 5>).
    I haven't actually read any of his books. The movies are crazy enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they female washed it... swap in Tati Maslany for Idris and Melissa McCarthy for Matty Mc.
    See... I love TatMas, so I'd probably be okay with that. Honestly, I think she could almost play Roland, she's THAT good.

Also, If we're casting a female Randal Flagg, Tilda Swinton is the clear choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    People were hyped because it's a movie of the Dark Tower, and has been in production hell for freakin ages. Then for myself, and a lot of people I know, the hype slowly died away as we found out more and more about the current version, including the fact that Sony were making it.

any tiny fragments of hype I had left died out with this trailer.
    Same here. I'm actually glad it's set after the books because then i cannot go and complain about "but this isn't like in the books" - they wanted to do a story based on the Dark Tower serie in another timeline to have less constraints? Good for them.

The problem lies in the fact that the whole Dark Tower was awesome for the character of Roland which was so complex and had a so important impact on everything around him. This movie looks basically another random fantasy/action/superhero movie like all the ones that came out last years, and i know that i don't want anything of the sort.

The Dark Tower isn't anything like that. I'll probably watch it, but surely not at the cinema or from DVD (until the movie turn out to be extremely awesome and i'll buy a phisycal copy).

The whole thign has nothing to do with the choice of actors and so on (they solved basically everything by setting the story after the books, so they could do basically anything they wanted just needing to keep the names of the main characters).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    See... I love TatMas, so I'd probably be okay with that. Honestly, I think she could almost play Roland, she's THAT good.

Also, If we're casting a female Randal Flagg, Tilda Swinton is the clear choice.
    She is. And YES, that would be the obvious choice. Melissa was my "go fuck yourself" choice to offset Tatiana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    How did i never notice that Idris?? I just had to google it to see when he was in the office, must have watched it about 20 times, never once noticed that Charles was Idris....
    I never watched The Office all the way through start to finish, so I'm forcing myself to do that now and just watched the Charles in Scranton arch last week. He plays annoyed by crazy white people quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29...ew-mcconaughey

And off we go...

Not sure how I feel about this.

Awesome actor, but casting a black man in what is clearly has been portrayed as a white guys role is uh... bizarre.

Edit 2: Removed "clearly" as someone has already taken the statement out of context.

Edit: Also...

Ugh...

So OP, its important to understand this is not based on the books. This is a sequel to the books. This is the "next turn" in the Dark Tower universe. The universe turns, and Roland has existed many times prior to the books. A comparison would be... like Neo from the Matrix. This latest turn is different however... and things will be different. The Cycle will END... This is the end of the dark tower series... Stephen King has said this somewhere.

When you see it in this context ... then this new story is extremely exciting for followers of the books. Its like, it does not have to live up to the books, it has to be something new and better. And just watching the trailer... I am blown away. It will live up to what it should be. I am sure of it
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe, but you remember the gangbang from "IT". Was that in the Tim Curry version then? o_O
    I heard about it on these forums, haven't read it myself. Someone else was wishing for the gangbang scene to be on the movie and I was like "A GANGBANG SCENE?!"
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I heard about it on these forums, haven't read it myself. Someone else was wishing for the gangbang scene to be on the movie and I was like "A GANGBANG SCENE?!"
    King doing cocaine was the best King. Now the old King is dead. Long live the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    So OP, its important to understand this is not based on the books. This is a sequel to the books. This is the "next turn" in the Dark Tower universe. The universe turns, and Roland has existed many times prior to the books. A comparison would be... like Neo from the Matrix. This latest turn is different however... and things will be different. The Cycle will END... This is the end of the dark tower series... Stephen King has said this somewhere.

When you see it in this context ... then this new story is extremely exciting for followers of the books. Its like, it does not have to live up to the books, it has to be something new and better. And just watching the trailer... I am blown away. It will live up to what it should be. I am sure of it
    Can we get a source on this. That it is in fact a spinoff, and not an adaptation of the original series? All I could find were some rumors about making a TV show that never materialised.

I looks....interesting. But I always had the books in mind. Trailer focusses very much on Jake, but where are Eddie and Odetta? And AFAIK the Black man features very little in person. Also..what books does it focus on...is it planned as a trilogy...does "Wizard and Glass" even make sense to appear in the films..etc etc.

So this really peaked my curiosity
    the movie is a combination of alot of the different books but its a sequel to the books so it will have a good bit from the first book and then diverge more and more from there (since this time he wont let jake die)

eddie and susan arent in this movie but theyve said they might be in the sequel if it does well, after the movie theyre doing a tv show that will have the wizard and glass stuff that comes out next year.

how many movies the series will have depends on how well it does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Can we get a source on this. That it is in fact a spinoff, and not an adaptation of the original series? All I could find were some rumors about making a TV show that never materialised.
    theyve literally been saying it was a sequel for over a year since this one got announced and multiple people have posted about it in this thread

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...from-nitpickin

- - - Updated - - -

he has the horn of eld in the movie, if youve read the books you will know exactly what that means. this is rolands last go around of the wheel and this is the end of his journey
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Is a key component of the James Bond character his skin color? Because a key component of MLK's story is, and I'm going out on a limb here, him being black.
    While I'm pretty much over the whole skin color thing (and I like Idris as an actor)...

I mean if you want to get down to it, a key component to Roland is that he was white. It is sort of a main revolving point in the book on many key points. Have you even read the books?

Him being changed to black is probably why we are missing one of the main characters, Susannah, along with many others.

You ever see those YouTube Top 10 "insert topic" channels, like Looper and Mojo? While I'll enjoy this movie as a DT fan it will no doubt end up on one of those "Movies that were nothing like the book" videos.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72PTEioSyw
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-05-04 at 05:20 PM.

The trailer begs answers to even more questions like just how many different ways can someone reload a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The trailer begs answers to even more questions like just how many different ways can someone reload a pistol
    Yes they took Roland from a master gunfighter to some sort of super hero level shit with that crap.

Roland is not that great a person in the books, hes just really good with a revolver.

The scene where he reloads from with his fingers quickly is about the most accurate to the book.

The rest of the stuff with the flying moon clip reloads is just terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm pretty much over the whole skin color thing (and I like Idris as an actor)...

I mean if you want to get down to it, a key component to Roland is that he was white. It is sort of a main revolving point in the book on many key points. Have you even read the books?

Him being changed to black is probably why we are missing one of the main characters, Susannah, along with many others.

You ever see those YouTube Top 10 "insert topic" channels, like Looper and Mojo? While I'll enjoy this movie as a DT fan it will no doubt end up on one of those "Movies that were nothing like the book" videos.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72PTEioSyw
    Yeah but I was commenting on James Bond, not Roland. I understand that Roland's skin tone does play into his character and the plot of the books but Bond's does not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie looks good. Really dont care what about people looking for a 1:1 adaption. Idris and Matthew are amazing actors so I have solid expectations

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This movie looks basically another random fantasy/action/superhero movie like all the ones that came out last years, and i know that i don't want anything of the sort.
    Indeed, I think this sums up my thoughts on the whole subject pretty well. I don't think Idris was the perfect choice to play Roland (that would be Viggo), but he's a great actor, so I'm SURE he could have made it work. My problem is that they've turned one of my favourite stories, which spanned the total career of one of the most prolific writers of our time into a generic action film... There were many many words that could be used to describe The Dark Tower. Generic was NEVER one of them.

She is. And YES, that would be the obvious choice. Melissa was my "go fuck yourself" choice to offset Tatiana.
    Hahaha fair enough, if that was your intention then you succeeded admirably! Melissa is about as big an offset to Tatiana as it's possible to get.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trailer looked pretty damn awesome - excited to see this. If people want to stomp their feet and bitch about him being black, fine. Seems like a retarded reason not to see a movie, lol. Your loss, I guess.
    I think at this point Idris is the least concern of many DT fans.

While I can hope for the best this looks like its going to end like (just a few examples):

Warcraft
    Enders Game
    The Golden Compass

I'm real tired of the "lets take a series that spans many many years, make a movie and HOPE it does well enough to you know... actually tell the entire story".

Not a DT fan? Never read the books? Then you'll probably be OK.

Sad that movie sequals seem to need one of the following to get screen time:

- giant robots
    - excessive cgi explosions
    - sparkling vampires
    - teenage love story

Just to name a few.

King should have pushed for something like an HBO series (ala Game of Thrones style) and just not ever have attempted to license this as a movie.

I'd rather it get 1 season on a premium network and get canceled because of poor numbers than a movie if I had to pick between the two.

Also Ian McShane would have been like 100% more cool as the man in black. lol
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-05-04 at 08:08 PM.

In the book it is like something where you go "okay...this will never work on screen. I mean..they are like 12 year olds screwing. But it pales to the flashback in the whorehouse in the Wild West....
    What was the wild west whore house flashback? I don't remember it. Was it from another book?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Also Ian McShane would have been like 100% more cool as the man in black. lol
    I only read the first book and I don't remember all that much of it, but does he say cocksucker a lot? That's an Ian McNasty staple.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.