Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    How is this homophobia? The joke is about Trump being Putin's personal bitch .
    Just Trumpers who are saying that, they they are pretending to be 'le liberals xD xD'. Just look at the post before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    How is this homophobia? The joke is about Trump being Putin's personal bitch .
    Exactly. The punchline of Colbert's joke wasn't even that Trump's gay. It was that Trump was submissively intimate with Putin. As a woman is entirely capable of that as well, the punchline still stands if Trump was a woman.

Only those who think that being called gay is always meant to be an insult, as in that there's something inherently wrong with being gay, are the ones who think that what Colbert says qualifies as homophobic. Ironically revealing their own homophobia in the process.

Those who are socially liberal don't find anything wrong with being gay, so simply calling someone gay isn't insulting or homophobic to them.

Evidently this distinction is really difficult for conservatives to comprehend.

They've set up this absurdly irrational liberal strawman to constantly berate, and now they're furious that liberals aren't acting like it. As Colbert has said in the past, reality tends to have a liberal bias.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2017-05-04 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Some on the Left even point it out, how it is odd that Liberals will be against Homophobia but use it selectively when its against the "right targets."
    Read this and you'll get your answer: https://townhall.com/columnists/char...-evil-n1045865

To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.
    From 2002, but still relevant today.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I continue to be amazed at the lack of LGBT groups offended by this allegedly "homophobic" remark. I haven't looked too deeply into the groups themselves, but from the discussion I've seen on this not a single person has linked to any LGBT organization condemning these remarks as homophobic. Happy to checkout any that are, tough!

You'd figure that the folks supposedly targeted for ridicule by this insult would be the most offended ones...right?

Let's say there are two instances.

First instance: A liberal comedian (tells jokes and performs satire for a living) says that Trump's mouth is Putin's personal cock holster. You then ask him after the show, "Do you think that gay people deserve the same rights as every other American, and should never be ashamed of who they are as a person?" He answers, "Of course, because I'm a decent human being."

Second instance: A conservative political activist (believes gay people should not have the same rights as all Americans, should be able to be discriminated against for their sexuality, and looks down on them as people) makes a joke that Obama's mouth is worth nothing, except as a cock holster. You then ask him during a rally, "Do you think gay people deserve the same rights as every other American, and should never be ashamed of who they are as a person?" He answers, "No, I don't, and I'm activisting right now to get their equal protections under the law overturned and hope that the next time they go into the grocery store, they can't buy food because it's run by a good hearted Christian."

This is LITERALLY the point that you're arguing. How the fuck do you NOT see the difference?

To put it into even greater perspective. A Jew/outspoken supporter of Jewish people who condemns anti-semetic actions when they happen, makes a Jew joke. Now a Neo-Nazi makes a Jew joke. Are these the same thing?

This is the literal opposite of rocket science guys. Get your shit together.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Read this and you'll get your answer: https://townhall.com/columnists/char...-evil-n1045865

From 2002, but still relevant today.
    I can see this. Absolutely, if you think you're against a literal avatar of evil, then basically no tactic because horrible to use. Even ones you yourself consider deplorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I continue to be amazed at the lack of LGBT groups offended by this allegedly "homophobic" remark. I haven't looked too deeply into the groups themselves, but from the discussion I've seen on this not a single person has linked to any LGBT organization condemning these remarks as homophobic. Happy to checkout any that are, tough!

You'd figure that the folks supposedly targeted for ridicule by this insult would be the most offended ones...right?
    They're fine with it, because Colbert is a progressive like them.
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I'm simply astounded that gay people don't think suggesting someone is gay is inherently insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    As a blow job isn't an explicitly gay act, the punchline would be the same if Trump was a woman.
    Yeah.
    Saying a woman is only good for sucking cock isn't remotely misogynistic no.
    Therefore, the only way the joke could possibly be perceived as homophobic is if you think insinuating someone is gay is an insult. Do you?
    the point of the joke clearly was to offend Trump, therefore, the insinuation was his, not mine.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyTheRet View Post
    Let's say there are two instances.

First instance: A liberal comedian (tells jokes and performs satire for a living) says that Trump's mouth is Putin's personal cock holster. You then ask him after the show, "Do you think that gay people deserve the same rights as every other American, and should never be ashamed of who they are as a person?" He answers, "Of course, because I'm a decent human being."

Second instance: A conservative political activist (believes gay people should not have the same rights as all Americans, should be able to be discriminated against for their sexuality, and looks down on them as people) makes a joke that Obama's mouth is worth nothing, except as a cock holster. You then ask him during a rally, "Do you think gay people deserve the same rights as every other American, and should never be ashamed of who they are as a person?" He answers, "No, I don't, and I'm activisting right now to get their equal protections under the law overturned and hope that the next time they go into the grocery store, they can't buy food because it's run by a good hearted Christian."

This is LITERALLY the point that you're arguing. How the fuck do you NOT see the difference?

To put it into even greater perspective. A Jew/outspoken supporter of Jewish people who condemns anti-semetic actions when they happen, makes a Jew joke. Now a Neo-Nazi makes a Jew joke. Are these the same thing?

This is the literal opposite of rocket science guys. Get your shit together.
    When the Left argues that homophobic comments effect real world culture and create a homophobic cultural climate, than no, your point is insanely hypocritical.

After all, the same is argued for rape jokes? Are rape jokes okay as long as someone genuflects and says feminist pieties elsewhere? I was under the impression that rape jokes are never funny and always contribute to rape culture. How is a earstwhile homophobic joke okay and not contributing to a homophobic culture that you lot bang on about BUT it becomes okay if the person saying it genuflects and utters the right Democratic Party pieties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And the american far right suddenly cares about homophobia.

sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I can see this. Absolutely, if you think you're against a literal avatar of evil, then basically no tactic because horrible to use. Even ones you yourself consider deplorable.
    Being gay wasn't the punchline. Liberals don't think there's anything wrong with being gay, so the suggestion that someone is gay isn't inherently insulting to them. What about that is hard to get?

It's no wonder conservative comedians haven't been as successful as liberal ones, if their audience has this hard of a time getting a joke.

Or because they don't find it offensive because they understood that "HAHA TRUMP IS GAY!" wasn't actually the joke?

I mean, aren't conservatives the ones that usually complain about liberals/SJW's taking offense on behalf of others?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    the point of the joke clearly was to offend Trump, therefore, the insinuation was his, not mine.
    You're projecting what you would find to be insulting into his joke. Suggesting that Trump is gay wasn't the punchline.

Hell, even Jezebel hasn't made a peep about this issue. If even the most "SJW" of Gawker Media can't be arsed to get involved, what's that say about those who are supposedly upset by this?

Ohoh, I'm sorry, this whole "outrage" is just the Right trying to teach us some kind of lesson about outrage or something. Inno.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, it's not. The truth is the neo-cons and alt-rights WANT it to be an insult so they walk down the path of legitimacy you're currently attempting to traverse.
    yes, the Well known alt right publication Vox.com said the Following:
    Your feigned outrage is adorable. Your questions prove you are missing the entire point. Why do you think only conservatives are upset by the joke?
    And here the Neo-Nazi publication TMZ said this:
    What I love is that you guys will do anything, literally ANYTHING, to take away the attention that your idiot-in-chief draws to himself on a daily basis. Not going to work - Trump is Putin's bitch.
    Seems like have to point this out multiple times, Not an American, I'm a European.
    Helpful hint since i know geography is a weak subject for some people, America is another continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Trump has said-
    Unless you are positing that Colbert and Trump are the same person, this doesn't fucking matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or because they don't find it offensive because they understood that "HAHA TRUMP IS GAY!" wasn't actually the joke?

I mean, aren't conservatives the ones that usually complain about liberals/SJW's taking offense on behalf of others?
    I dunno, ask all of the white people offended there's a football team named the Redskins.

Helpful hint since i know geography is a weak subject for some people, America is another continent.
    Two continents, actually.

Yeah.

I can maybe with some effort see the sexism, but homophobia?

Yeah.
    Saying that a woman is only good for sucking cock because she is a woman is misogynistic. Saying that all women are good for is sucking cock is misogynistic. Do you understand?