Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    [Violence] is never an answer to a simple problem. It requires most Americans to understand that it is a simple problem.
    "Any problem on Earth can be solved with the proper application of high explosives."

-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim, Valkyrie Assassination Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They have enough clout to consistently win the state you live in and refuse to leave despite having such vehement ethical disagreements with them. Go figure.
    We've talked about this many times, about contrarianism and hatred for one party... for no good reason
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Even if it does, that is 30? 40? 50? Years out? Even if it is a thing. That is the most insanely lazy and entitled strategy of them all.

That is ultimately why they tend to lose. They simply depend on inertia and the idea that they own certain demographics to just carry them.
    Demographics assume the same trajectory. But any models that points to the future are pure guesses because you can't obtain data from the future to create a current model.

If the U.S. has a sudden boom of European whites coming into the U.S. or Asians coming into the US that would alter any of the so called models and projections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The reason why actual issues are getting drowned out, is people like you, who instead of acting on wrong doing... you establish a false equivalence
    Well let's be honest, they don't have a realistic choice anymore.
    a) Calls other candidates liars and dishonest. Is shown to lie the most and be the most dishonest. Only defense is "um, everyone does it".
    b) Flip-flops on a record number of promises in 100 days, including whether or not 100 days is a big deal. Only defense is "um, everyone flip-flops"
    c) Claims to drain the swamp.
    d) Claims to protect LBGT.
    e) Claims more people will have better coverage, and for less money.
    f) Claims he won't start a war.

All they have is "everyone does it" for their candidate who was supposed to be different. They have given up on "he's fighting for me" a while ago, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may pass the House, but then it will go to the Senate, where it will be amended and bumped back to the house. All passing it will do, is give them a new cheerleading chant while they go on break.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Obamacare didn't cause people to lose coverage. Coverage dramatically expanded due to it and the number of uninsured reached record lows.

Also I can't see how it could possibly have made insurance for you more expensive given your apparent circumstances as it only institutes charges on the wealthy, and that is how it pays for making it cheaper for those who could not previously afford it. So please explain, how exactly did it force your healthcare costs up? Or did you just believe the garbage the right-wing press put out?
    As pointed out, he prob lives in a red state that didn't expand Medicaid to incite this very emotion.

This is crazy they are going to vote on this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    As pointed out, he prob lives in a red state that didn't expand Medicaid to incite this very emotion.
    The funny part is that they are now arguing that no State will actually USE the provisions in the proposed plans to opt out of coverage for preexisting conditions. Despite the states that opted out of medicare expansion.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    This is crazy they are going to vote on this lol.
    Good. Last time they wussed out like fucking cowards. Let them sign the dotted line and prove what they stand for. Then, let them go home and tell their voters why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The funny part is that they are now arguing that no State will actually USE the provisions in the proposed plans to opt out of coverage for preexisting conditions.
    AND the 10 essential things, such as pediatric care and ambulances. States can opt out of those, too.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Go tell the millions of people who will lose their health insurance or lose their protections for pre-existing conditions to take a chill pill.
    How about I tell the millions of people who will be able to afford health insurance while also eating again instead? It's not the rich who were hurt by obamacare,
    it's the working class, specifically those with kids. I agree the system sucks for those with pre existing conditions, but the solution was just as bad as the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 min left, looks like its going to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-B138rYvo8

At this time, there are 131 dems voting yes. WTF . . . am I not reading this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    9 min left, looks like its going to pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-B138rYvo8
    I believe that is the exemption portion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    How about I tell the millions of people who will be able to afford health insurance while also eating again instead? It's not the rich who were hurt by obamacare,
    it's the working class, specifically those with kids. I agree the system sucks for those with pre existing conditions, but the solution was just as bad as the problem.
    The millions of people should stop voting for shitty Republican state governments that refused to expand Medicaid, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that is the exemption portion.
    OHHH OK!

Sorry guys, Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Does anyone happen to have lying around a serious attempt by a GOPer to defend their party's platform as the path of Jesus Christ? To the best of my knowledge, Jesus didn't say word one about homosexuals or abortion, but had a lot to say about healing the sick, feeding the hungry, loving thy neighbor and helping the poor.
    What better to do all of that by keeping trickle up in action?

As a sidenote, Jesus has specifically stated that it's nigh impossible for rich people to enter heaven.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The solution was better than the old alternative. This think is fuckig stupid... to thing that obamacare is worse than the old system... and the GOP alternative
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    The real issue is that care is absurdly expensive and it's not even being discussed. All hail our new insurance overlords.
    Yup. The US spends about 5% of GDP more than most other developed nations, and the ACA really didn't do anything to lower costs (although the rapid rise in healthcare expenditure did level off).

Setting aside the moral arguments for healthcare, and just focusing on lowering the costs, the conversation really needs to be whether we are going to go directly to a single-payer system or whether we should use all-payer rate setting, but the GOP insists on a market approach- which could lower the cost of insurance slightly, but not if young and healthy people opt out. However, a free market approach wouldn't do much to lower the cost of care, because the competitive forces that keep prices down in a normal market don't work in healthcare. It's going to be hard to have an adult conversation about healthcare until the GOP realizes this simple fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good luck getting it past the Senate.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Democrats are hoping for the other shoe to drop with demographic shifts but it will never materialize.
    I don't know about never -- but the demographic shifts are being offset with blue voters increasingly concentrating themselves into urban areas -- which weakens their power nationally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't know about never -- but the demographic shifts are being offset with blue voters increasingly concentrating themselves into urban areas -- which weakens their power nationally.
    The alternative to that is living in a run down "small town" shithole surrounded by inbred hicks.