Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    That it continues to happen after the dgn must be a bug, saw it yesterday as well.
    Volcanic doesn't happen after the dgn is over, or out of combat, so let them fix quaCking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindelpt View Post
    That it continues to happen after the dgn must be a bug, saw it yesterday as well.
    Volcanic doesn't happen after the dgn is over, or out of combat, so let them fix quaCking.
    Well volanic is actually being cast by the mobs in combat with you, the mechanic is different, but I agree it should stop when the dungeon is over lol, that's silly.

I swear to god this affix shows just how un-professional Blizzard is.

Places where you lose control of your character and they stack with each member = the affix can go off.

And the affix still happens after the dungeon is finished. Sure if you stagger you can avoid it. But still having NO control of your character this should not be going off. And is just laughable that it still happens when the dungeon is over.

I laughed my ass off when I finished a +12 and we 1 chested it, everyone ran to the 1 chest, looted typed about how lucky/unlucky their loot is.. and low and behold what spawned under neath us, most (me included) not even aware of it, I mean why would it STILL spawn at the end when the dungeon if completed?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    I swear to god this affix shows just how un-professional Blizzard is.

Places where you lose control of your character and they stack with each member = the affix can go off.

And the affix still happens after the dungeon is finished. Sure if you stagger you can avoid it. But still having NO control of your character this should not be going off. And is just laughable that it still happens when the dungeon is over.

I laughed my ass off when I finished a +12 and we 1 chested it, everyone ran to the 1 chest, looted typed about how lucky/unlucky their loot is.. and low and behold what spawned under neath us, most (me included) not even aware of it, I mean why would it STILL spawn at the end when the dungeon if completed?
    First, explain how it's "unprofessional". They aren't conducting themselves improperly. An oversight is an oversight, not evidence of unprofessional misconduct. Use your words correctly.

Second, I think it keeps going due to the trigger for the effect being "mythic+ run is active", which explains how it can keep going without a combat trigger, like volcanic has. Since things like talent swapping and such are disabled even after the run is over, this indicates it's most likely subject to the exact same rules. And generally, most people tend to get their loot then leave immediately, you only have to deal with one or two after the dungeon ends. Hell, they might keep it in there to troll the people that AFK in the dungeon after a run ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    First, explain how it's "unprofessional". They aren't conducting themselves improperly. An oversight is an oversight, not evidence of unprofessional misconduct. Use your words correctly.
    Considering how much money they make, and the fact this was in testing for months shows it. Among other questionable "oversights". They're losing their way fast.

And I highly doubt their goal is to "troll" the players, if that is the case, again, very unprofessional of them.

Another affix that only concern healers. It's so boring not to be a healer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Considering how much money they make, and the fact this was in testing for months shows it. Among other questionable "oversights". They're losing their way fast.

And I highly doubt their goal is to "troll" the players, if that is the case, again, very unprofessional of them.
    There's a difference in unprofessional and having fun. You must have thought some of their old April Fool's shenanigan were "unprofessional" as well, like the crab that wanted to give you tips. "Grrr, you get paid x money to fork for a company, you must be robots with zero emotion!"

Also, people tend to forget that things can change in the implementation, even if unintended. That's how bugs occur. With millions of lines of code, even them changing it from PTR to live can make things go wonky. Example, Trilliax after 7.2 launched. Welcome to programming.

After a dungeon is done, and even during, the damage isn't much of a factor. The only dangerous part is the interrupt to the healer, IF it happens when a tank is taking spike damage or there is a lot of group damage (Mariners in a very high Maw keystone). So it's not a concern to change it immediately, or even something that needs to be changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, Quaking seems like aids. Not looking forward to doing my 10 this week
    Did my 10 and it's really not that bad, as melee I don't care much just take a step away from the tank. Running up the stairs in BRH was the only time it bothered me a bit.

As to not letting it proc out of combat... I don't think that would make it easier. If it doesn't go off ooc then it will probably go off pretty much every time you enter combat again because some time went by.

Quacking is by far is the easiest of all the new affixes.

Quaking is practically overflowing 2.0 even with a pure melee group.
    They need to fine tune it, mostly it should not happen out of combat to avoid the silly CoS situation or generally all situation where you lost control over your character. And even more important should also apply to the bursting debuff): When it happens it should not interrupt eating/drinking.

Deleted
    Quaking is the easiest of the new affix

So git gud and stop sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Quaking is the easiest of the new affix

So git gud and stop sucks
    No one is saying it hard lol, its a retarded affix because it can proc during scripted events that you cant do anything in

Funny how people are losing their shit about the easiest affix imaginable, laughing way to hard seeing vids of people actually dying to it or coming close just looting a chest or in shit like the barrels in NL or COS boats.

But seriously this affix is not bugged at all as far as I can tell. Very simply it's not environmentally based, and it is not combat based. It is an affix that randomly causes all players in the dungeon to emit waves that deal dmg to themselves and other players they are near and interrupt casting. Working as intended.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-05 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Are you saying this affix that damage the group during an introduction is intended? Sounds like something unintended to me. (talking about CoS).
    It's clearly not normal by any means, but the affix goes throughout the whole dungeon, in or out of combat (should really be only in combat but eh)

But that doesn't mean you can't play around it. It's not like it's hard, deal with it as it is, play around a simple mechanic and gg.

If it's bugged, they'll fix it, if not, it'll stay as is.

Made 2 times CoS and 2 times NL. No quaking during boats and barrels (Gordunni - EU) so looks like it's already hot fixed.
    First time we made CoS boating one by one. And those who stand on start got Quaking while those who was already in boats didn't.

Overall it didn't look hard with little exception really high keys like HoV one shoot situations Quaking+Lighting if you didn't use any save skills.
    Looking logs it make more total damage then "Grievous" but most of it between packs so it's much less stressfull (and it's not Tyrranical this week)... I think some heavy AOE bosses with Quacking Tyrranical could change impression of this affix. But for now it's really more like "overflowing 2.0".

Only annoying thing it's resuming after you finish dungeon ^_^ Looting kills...

If you rank it considering difficulty: bursting >= grievous >>>>>>> quacking.

Bursting and Grievous are fairly easy when you learn how to deal with them properly and Quacking is just ridiculously retarded. I agree that it proccing on cos boat and nl fall shouln't happen but aside from this (which I believe they fixed already) this week's affix is one of the easiest combinations since 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    They never test shit, they've ignored the PTR feedback for years now, they use us as the guinea pigs on the live realms.
    They do not ignore PTR feedback, what they do get is a lot of QQ my class is nerfed from being the god class is was going to be, this is too difficult because we can not one shot it, why is this not more casual, why do I have to run normal to get this quest done when I should be able to do it on Looking for a Carry because fire hurts mode(LFR). And in the end instead of rushing head first into it maybe just do a bit of thinking before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Quacking is by far is the easiest of all the new affixes.
    BONUS DUCKS!

More seriously: It's an easy affix to deal with, yes, even with a full melee group, but it should not be triggering out of combat or after the dungeon is over. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    BONUS DUCKS!

Haha how did I miss that

It's a free affix for melee !