Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Sure. It's super irrelevant. That's why human rights and basic tolerance just absolutely thrives in any Islamic country, right? That's why the a Pakistani Islam-critic blogger was arrested just a couple of weeks ago in a crackdown against religious freedom, right? That's why Saudi Arabia last year was pushing to increase the punishment for homosexuality, possibly making it a capital offense, right?
    Youre back to his point of the region being a bigger problem than the religion. How much circle jerking do you do in a day?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, this is the level of debate youre capable of.. For Christs sake its your own source...

1. Afghanistan
    2. Iraq
    3. Palestinian Territories
    4. Pakistan
    5. Egypt

Looks pretty ME to me... Of the 9 countries on that chart with above 50% favouring Sharia Law, 6 of them are ME.
    Neither Afghanistan or Pakistan are the in the Middle East. They're in Central Asia/South Asia. And why would you even have to excuse the Middle East from the debate in the first place?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, not all Muslims are evil terrorists, but refusing to acknowledge that Islam in itself is at odds with a free thinking, modern world is just sticking your head in the sand.
    lol Dude you really need to turn the news off and get some fresh air.

The fact that it's a 38,000 sample size is exactly why it's super irrelevant. You're also mentioning middle eastern countries over and over when no one is arguing that there isn't a problem there, but the problem isn't "Oh it's because their Muslim and Islam is evil and they're all barbaric and intolerant".

Islam is no more at odds with free thinking than any other Religion. Extremists are the problem. Not Muslims. Have you even read a bible to see the kind of shit that's in there?

But of course you probably frequent The_Donald and spend your time reading bullshit articles to fuel your hate. Would make total sense of your statements.

Seriously, go outside and meet some people.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

These people are brainwashed. Islam is on the same fucked up level as Nazism. Islam is not a religion, it's a fascist ideology that reflects on EVERY SINGLE aspect of their lives. The true cancer of 21st century.

[Infracted - Religion-bashing]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-04 at 07:50 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't you want to cover up if you looked like Killer Croc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy...look its simple, some of them see it as oppressive and some of them like it....I know many middle eastern and black women who wear hijabs and some of them see it as a fashion/culture statement that's unique to their people and some of them don't like hijabs....its not a big deal. Of course I know in the middle east its a serious issue but in America its not a issue until some asshat tries to fuck with someone wearing one because they weren't raised with the common sense and decency of minding their own god damn business and leave others alone.

Brainwashed people can do crazy things.

There are also severe social and life penalties for refusing the radical style of muslim culture and islam.
    Ranging from the family and neighborhood casting you out from their lives, society refusing to give you a job or trade with you, your father/brother killing you or mutilating you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    lol Dude you really need to turn the news off and get some fresh air.

The fact that it's a 38,000 sample size is exactly why it's super irrelevant. You're also mentioning middle eastern countries over and over when no one is arguing that there isn't a problem there, but the problem isn't "Oh it's because their Muslim and Islam is evil and they're all barbaric and intolerant".

Islam is no more at odds with free thinking than any other Religion. Extremists are the problem. Not Muslims. Have you even read a bible to see the kind of shit that's in there?

But of course you probably frequent The_Donald and spend your time reading bullshit articles to fuel your hate. Would make total sense of your statements.
    No, I'm not particularly fond of Donald Trump nor the bible. And yes, most religions are at odds with a free thinking society, but Islam is simply the worst of the bunch. If Islam is no worse than other religions, it's just funny how it keeps popping up whenever there's mistreatment, abuse and terrorism. Probably just a coincidence. I'm sure the next suicide bomber/truck thief/theater shooter will be called Bob Jensen. Let's see. We can come back to the post once it happens, which it obviously will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Oh boy...look its simple, some of them see it as oppressive and some of them like it....I know many middle eastern and black women who wear hijabs and some of them see it as a fashion/culture statement that's unique to their people and some of them don't like hijabs....its not a big deal. Of course I know in the middle east its a serious issue but in America its not a issue until some asshat tries to fuck with someone wearing one because they weren't raised with the common sense and decency of minding their own god damn business and leave others alone.
    I realized I didn't simplify it, here it is. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not particularly fond of Donald Trump nor the bible. And yes, most religions are at odds with a free thinking society, but Islam is simply the worst of the bunch. If Islam is no worse than other religions, it's just funny how it keeps popping up whenever there's mistreatment, abuse and terrorism. Probably just a coincidence. I'm sure the next suicide bomber/truck thief/theater shooter will be called Bob Jensen. Let's see. We can come back to the post once it happens, which it obviously will.
    The fact that you keep grouping Muslims with extremist terrorists just continues to show that you know nothing outside of what you hear on the news. ISIS and Islamic terrorists aren't Muslims. They're terrorists using a religion to manipulate others into their bidding.

And it "pops up" because you're too busy watching the news and every single time an extremist commits a terrorist act its posted all over the news as a Muslim crime. Hell every time some regular joe who happens to be Muslim commits a crime it's posted all over the news. If a christian commits a crime the only thing you'll ever see is "troubled white male commits crime" or something to that degree if it all. Why? Because "CHRISTIAN KILLS 3 IN SHOOTING" doesn't attract viewers and doesn't rile people up. It's not really that hard to figure out. Same exact reason why you won't see anything about "Black cop kills white guy".
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-04 at 08:03 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

In my opinion this is a step backwards not forwards.. Religious traditions/trends should stay out of the public eye.
    It's not something to be celebrated or encouraged.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    The fact that you keep grouping Muslims with extremist terrorists just continues to show that you know nothing outside of what you hear on the news.

And it "pops up" because you're too busy watching the news and every single time an extremist commits a terrorist act its posted all over the news as a Muslim crime. Hell every time some regular joe who happens to be Muslim commits a crime it's posted all over the news. If a christian commits a crime the only thing you'll ever see is "troubled white male commits crime". Why? Because "CHRISTIAN KILLS 3 IN SHOOTING" doesn't attract viewers. It's not really that hard to figure out.
    Just funny how the "extremists" seem to rally around the same cause, right? At any rate, I seem to be infracted for bashing religion, so let's agree to disagree before I get banned completely. "Peace be upon you."

And why would you even have to excuse the Middle East from the debate in the first place?
    Because of the Nazi influence during WWII that still pervades the region today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relati...views_on_Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husseini
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-05-04 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    You seriously don't realise the absurdity in your statement?

In some surveys 80% of girls with muslim background feel they are being largely controlled by their parents. Some mothers even go as far as threatening to kill the daughter if she is seen in public without veil.
    And yet I personally know Muslim women who chooses to wear the hijab even though the rest of their female family members doesn't. The point is that there are Muslim women out there that actually wants to wear a hijab.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I say that oppression doesn't exist? No. I said that some women don't consider it to be oppressive, and that some Muslim women actually wants to wear the hijab. I personally know Muslim women who chooses to wear a hijab, even though their mother/sister doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a semi related topic. A woman in a hijab came in at where I work today, nothing got blown up.

You have to remember they're brought up that this is the right thing to do from birth. To not wear it is slutty and abhorrent.

Yes it's barbaric and fucked up beyond all belief. I wouldn't sugarcoat that for a second. I was just addressing the OP's "not understanding this logic." We know why. A lifetime of indoctrination into a religious ideology, often coupled with varying levels of pressure from friends, family, and other peers.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-05-05 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

People have freedom of religion and if they choose to wear a hijab to express that religion there's nothing wrong with it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it is indoctrination, it is oppression. she doesn't actually choose, she feels like she does because she's brainwashed to believe it.
    And you have brain washed yourself into believing it is oppression just because you do not approve of it? You do know you choosing not accept a religion is a choice of your free will. Same as those who choose to believe and accept their teachings. It is going down the road to fascism when you start to want to stop freedoms of thought and choice. Be careful.

"We are going to force freedom on you"

Sounds like a certain major global power running around forcing their brand of freedom and democracy on other nations.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post
    Wouldn't you want to cover up if you looked like Killer Croc?
    Fuck. Someone beat me to it.