Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Nothing triggers liberals and foreigners more than a good ol' American gun story.

Typical "logic", "if guns are illegal and outlawed nobody will have them because criminals obey THOSE laws".
    Then they hope nobody brings up California or Chicago or they try and compare some dinky foreign country (that they perceive as paradise) to America as an example completely ignoring culture, economic conditions, demographics and population...
    Your logic is flawed on every level.

First point: "if guns are illegal and outlawed nobody will have them because criminals obey THOSE laws"
    It has nothing to do with obeying laws. If nobody has guns, nobody can get those guns, including criminals. Very few criminals would be able to get their hands on a gun. For gun black market to appear there needs to be some source of guns. Can't have a source of guns if there is nobody to buy or steal them from.

Second point: "Then they hope nobody brings up California or Chicago"
    It cannot be compared. Those states don't exist on their own, they are surrounded by other states where everyone can get guns and bring them to California/Chicago without border check. It is stupid to compare Chicago to countries with strict gun laws. Only heavily biased person pushing pro-gun agenda ignoring all logic and facts would bring it up.

In civilized country there would be 0 deaths. Attacker would have tried to beat up or attack manager with knife (there is a chance of fatality, but very small one), the hero guy would have disabled attacker until police arrived. That is what proper victory looks like.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess that makes Sandyhook totally worth it now. /s

Gun deaths should be scored like Golf, not Call of Duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Nothing triggers liberals and foreigners more than a good ol' American gun story.

Typical "logic", "if guns are illegal and outlawed nobody will have them because criminals obey THOSE laws".
    Then they hope nobody brings up California or Chicago or they try and compare some dinky foreign country (that they perceive as paradise) to America as an example completely ignoring culture, economic conditions, demographics and population...
    I don't know about "liberals" and "foreigners" triggering, but you sure seemed to trigger intensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Well, I guess that makes Sandyhook totally worth it now. /s

Gun deaths should be scored like Golf, not Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Herrington View Post
    How long until the slavery card can't be used anymore?
    Its not a card.. its fucked up generations of people and its effects still pervades society to this day. I dont expect you to understand, as having never been on the wrong end of that power struggle but dont forget, many people alive today are the ones who had to endure pre-Civil Rights. Those effects wont disappear over night because they can vote now. Dont be so naive.

People in Canada make the same fallacious argument about Aboriginals when talking about an out of control culture but refuse to acknowledge the permeating damage that Residential Schools and forced assimilation had on a strong group of people.

You make people rebellious by nature when theyre generationally forced oppression, then wonder why they wont assimilate when you tell them to.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-05-04 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Its not a card.. its fucked up generations of people and its effects still pervades society to this day.
    The 44th president of the United States of America is black. At this point the wounds are self-inflicted, don't give me some institutional racism bullshit.
    I dont expect you to understand as having never been on the wrong end of that power struggle
    Subtle white privilege dig. I'd dive into the fantastic treatment I received as a white kid going to a school that was 98% hispanic but I can already tell you're one of those clowns that thinks white people bad, brown people good. I'd be wasting precious key presses.
    but dont forget, many people alive today are the ones who had to endure pre-Civil Rights.
    Black southerners dealt with most of the abuse, just one part of the country. I won't try and pretend being a southern black in the Jim Crow era was fine and dandy.
    Those effects wont disappear over night because they can vote now. Dont be so naive.
    The grandkids and great grandkids of Jim Crow blacks are today's problem regarding black crime. Did they transfer their spirit and experiences to them? Did they play this song at home all the time?

People in Canada make the same fallacious argument about Aboriginals when talking about an out of control culture but refuse to acknowledge the permeating damage that Residential Schools and forced assimilation had on a strong group of people.
    Not too strong vs the French, English or firewater it would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Herrington View Post
    The 44th president of the United States of America is black. At this point the wounds are self-inflicted, don't give me some institutional racism bullshit.

Subtle white privilege dig. I'd dive into the fantastic treatment I received as a white kid going to a school that was 98% hispanic but I can already tell you're one of those clowns that thinks white people bad, brown people good. I'd be wasting precious key presses.

Black southerners dealt with most of the abuse, just one part of the country. I won't try and pretend being a southern black in the Jim Crow era was fine and dandy.

The grandkids and great grandkids of Jim Crow blacks are today's problem regarding black crime. Did they transfer their spirit and experiences to them? Did they play this song at home all the time?

Not too strong vs the French, English or firewater it would appear.
    Oh okay, youre an angry idiot..
    I dont have time to make up for where your parents and education have failed you.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-05-04 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Timeout! Hold on for a second.

Person A comes to a restaurant and pulls a gun at person B, the restaurant owner.
    Person B pulls a gun and shoots person A.
    Person C witnesses the situation and pulls a gun out and shoots person B.

Person C is a hero? Person B is a criminal? Person A is what, both...or neither?

What. The. Fuck.
    Infinite hero/villain chain possible!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are many stories such as these where a citizen carrying a firearm has intervened and ether killed a criminal or prevented a crime. It is seldom shown on a lot of media news however. In this case, the bar owner got justice from another customer who shot the criminal. Case will be closed and if the gun owner who killed the criminal was within his lawful rights to carry a firearm in that situation, no charges will be filed against him/her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    UK != USA. Crazy how people seem to try and compare the two.
    I used the UK because it's my country but I could have used any other country with strict gun laws and the end result would still be the same. In those countries the strict rules on gun ownership mean that gun crime is generally much lower. How often do you hear about school shootings in European countries? As an example between 1992 and 2015 there were 387 school shootings in the US alone. that averages out at 16.8 a year. Now its all well and good saying "criminals don't care about the law, they can get guns even with laws in place" but there is a big difference between criminals and school children. Where do you think the kids got the guns from? Oh wait, probably their parents closet.

The fact that guns are more readily available means there will be far more instances if there were strict gun laws, chances are this story would never have happened because the guy would potentially not have had a gun to shoot the manager in the first place.

There are people here saying that the customer in this story delivered justice, but if we examine that train of thought, in what sort of situations do we consider a civilian killing someone "justice". What about muggers? Rapists? Burglars? I don't think there are many individuals in this world capable of defining and deciding justice alone.

Deleted
    Shows that a gun is useless to prevent a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is he a hero? He should have shot him on a place where he wouldn't had died.
    Now the police has nothing and he is a murderer aswell.

GG america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No one in California has guns when it comes to guns saving people but apparently they have all the guns when it's about saying it's a crime-ridden liberal state?

Maybe if no one had a gun to begin with there would be zero deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Or more likely the guy who came in looking to kill the bar owner would have used a knife
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Your logic is flawed on every level.

First point: "if guns are illegal and outlawed nobody will have them because criminals obey THOSE laws"
    It has nothing to do with obeying laws. If nobody has guns, nobody can get those guns, including criminals. Very few criminals would be able to get their hands on a gun. For gun black market to appear there needs to be some source of guns. Can't have a source of guns if there is nobody to buy or steal them from.

Second point: "Then they hope nobody brings up California or Chicago"
    It cannot be compared. Those states don't exist on their own, they are surrounded by other states where everyone can get guns and bring them to California/Chicago without border check. It is stupid to compare Chicago to countries with strict gun laws. Only heavily biased person pushing pro-gun agenda ignoring all logic and facts would bring it up.

In civilized country there would be 0 deaths. Attacker would have tried to beat up or attack manager with knife (there is a chance of fatality, but very small one), the hero guy would have disabled attacker until police arrived. That is what proper victory looks like.
    Guns are illegal in Mexico. They have an awful lot of gun violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Might have used a car then.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Did you ever consider the fact that it's just luck to not have D shooting C and E shooting D etc or are you too clouded in judgement to realize that?

I know it's strange to you that there are people who don't carry guns, and said people who don't carry guns don't exacerbate gunfights.
    Please cite a single situation that has ever devolved into this. I have never seen anything where a armed citizen neutralized a shooter situation and was then shot by another armed citizen due to mistaking the situation. Sure the original shooter may have a friend nearby that may shoot the good samaritan, but good look finding examples of what you imagined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Actually, in such a scenario, nobody has guns, and thus it's much less likely to have fatal injuries on either side.
    Criminals still have guns because they don't care about the laws that ban them. Which leaves the law abiding unarmed citizens unable to respond to such situations.

Even if we wanted to (and we don't for the most part) wanted to ban guns in America, the genie is out of the bottle. There are so many guns in existence now that you could never get rid of them all. Even you got 99% (pretty much impossible) it would still leave millions of guns available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm sure that's of real comfort to the guy who was shot to death.
    and your the only one who cares about him. criminals are animals who need to locked up.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskell View Post
    And did you realize that Person C could just as easily have missed and shot a child, or a cop, or any number of other people. You know, while we are dealing in made up scenarios. Or are you too clouded in your love of people getting shot to realize that
    The difference is that the original shooter has demonstrated his indifference to the safety of bystanders and law and order whereas the armed citizen has demonstrated his adherence to law and order and safety by completing his state's (Texas) course on firearms safety in order to legally carry. Part of that training is determining the dangers to others who may be in the field of fire.

So based on available evidence your made up scenario is far less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Please cite a single situation that has ever devolved into this. I have never seen anything where a armed citizen neutralized a shooter situation and was then shot by another armed citizen due to mistaking the situation. Sure the original shooter may have a friend nearby that may shoot the good samaritan, but good look finding examples of what you imagined.
    *Cues in the ridiculous gun accidental firing rate in the US. *
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future