Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    So in typical gold making boast fashion, it's a complete fabrication to get "over 10k a day"
    Not at all. Many of the WQs offer gold prizes, others offer equipment to DE or vendor. You will also get blood of sargeras along the way to make more gold with. Depending on your shoulder enchant you will get more goods. Plus random drops while you do quests. Itll add up to more than 10k
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I've been crafting the legendary Cloth shoulders and making about 50-60k profit each time the Command Center is up or w/e, that's about all I've found in 7.2 being that the Enchanting market has collapsed and all.

Simply queueing for random legion heroics as tank or heals yields 800-900g upon completion when the bonus cache pops. Do 2-3 of those and then farm some WQs with some lesser +gold champion equipment will get you to 10k per day.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelivabru View Post
    I tried a lot of these youtube tutorials on 'gold-making techniques' (like how to make 30k/hour and stuff like that), and what I've come to notice is that it highly depends on your realm.

About a month ago I was struggling to have enough gold just to keep myself raid-able and tried a lot of different stuff from these videos - skinning and herbs gathering, transmog farm etc.. and it didn't work so well as it was supposed to. So I watched this video talking about 'flipping', which is basically buying stuff that is under-priced and selling it again for a higher price, so I decided to try this out and it turned out to be really amazing - probably what you are looking for.

During weekdays I log basically for the raid and log out soon after, so I don't have a lot of time to farm anything really. What I do is: Everyday before raid time I log on my toon and I check the auction house for some items - again, this highly depends on your realm demands - for me those are Tomes and materials for it (dreamleaf and felwort), Augment Runes and some flasks, I check if the prices are lower than what it usually is and, if so, I buy everything. For example: Let's say Int Flaks are commonly sold for 300g and I see 100 for ~220g, I buy every one of them and place them again for the usual price. On my realm Dreamleaf and Felwort are sometimes extremely cheap - especially on weekends - I buy it and tranform it into Tomes. By doing "all" of this I've managed to go from ~30k to ~750k in about 3 weeks. It works pretty well for me.

TLDR: Learn the prices of commonly sold stuff on ah and flip it when you see it is cheaper than it usually is. Make it a routine to check the AH for it at least once or twice a day.

Also, recently I've started to level my alt's followers and send them in gold missions. I'm still in the process of equipping them so sometimes I can only get 150% and so sometimes it fails and I get only the ~500g from it - but hey, still a profit for doing basically nothing. I got 7 toons at 110 so I expect to be getting a lot more gold from these missions once I get them all well equipped.
    Can you tell us which video that was if possible please.
    Looking to have a variety of options, as I am too reliant on world quests on on character with decent follower gear at the moment.
    The same described earlier, 25+50g from rare and epic, and 50g + 100 resources from legendary plus 100 resources between order trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Simply queueing for random legion heroics as tank or heals yields 800-900g upon completion when the bonus cache pops. Do 2-3 of those and then farm some WQs with some lesser +gold champion equipment will get you to 10k per day.
    Never realised it was so good for a tank or healer.
    Lack of confidence is what has held me back from those roles so far.
    Will have to find a way to get some experience in a less hostile environment.
    Two tank capable classes at cap.
    Nothing close at the moment for healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I noticed how much ore/herbs are out there, flying will make it much easier to go around, but the result prices will plummet on high/medium realms...

Blizz really need to fix the AH posting in stacks of 1 for reagents especially... it slows everything on the AH to a crawl on high pop realm (recently transfered).
    yup, jerks still still post 500 single herbs. I'm not 100% sure why people do it. I know it doesnt cause them to sell better, and certainly collecting the crap out of the mail must suck too. but people will always do that man

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Never realised it was so good for a tank or healer.
    Lack of confidence is what has held me back from those roles so far.
    Will have to find a way to get some experience in a less hostile environment.
    Two tank capable classes at cap.
    Nothing close at the moment for healer.
    I have a junk druid healer and it just sleepwalks thru heroic legion caches. outheals everything. For this purpose, I use an addon called "Incentive Program". It puts a tiny draggable icon on your screen. Settings options are heals / tanks / DPS. I set it to heals and anytime a dungeon or LFR pops up with a bonus caches it flashes and plays a small chime. You could just clear out your WQs while that addon is in the background. If a heal queue pops with a cache, take it. Otherwise keep clearing WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I have a junk druid healer and it just sleepwalks thru heroic legion caches. outheals everything. For this purpose, I use an addon called "Incentive Program". It puts a tiny draggable icon on your screen. Settings options are heals / tanks / DPS. I set it to heals and anytime a dungeon or LFR pops up with a bonus caches it flashes and plays a small chime. You could just clear out your WQs while that addon is in the background. If a heal queue pops with a cache, take it. Otherwise keep clearing WQs.
    Thank you.
    Maybe getting mine into some dungeons for healing will get me some experience and confidence on it - lvl 40-ish maybe at the moment my druid is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I know it doesnt cause them to sell better
    It does. I put up lots of herbs and skins in different stack sizes. Singles always sell better.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    It does. I put up lots of herbs and skins in different stack sizes. Singles always sell better.
    Nah. It may seem that way because you have more total sales, but putting 500 on an herb up on the AH in 2 stacks of 200 and 1 stack of 100, vs putting 500 singles of an herb up, I'm sorry but they won't sell as fast as the full stacks :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    That guild vault full of troll tmog I bought during the tail end of Warlords has served me well.
    Flipping is easy to do with old xmog items. I've bought so many of those troll items for anywhere from 500g-2000g and resold for 10,000g+ for a nice profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    Flipping is easy to do with old xmog items. I've bought so many of those troll items for anywhere from 500g-2000g and resold for 10,000g+ for a nice profit.
    One thing I've never had any luck with was selling xmog items lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Nah. It may seem that way because you have more total sales, but putting 500 on an herb up on the AH in 2 stacks of 200 and 1 stack of 100, vs putting 500 singles of an herb up, I'm sorry but they won't sell as fast as the full stacks :3.
    My experience has been vastly different. I never put up that many singles at a time, to begin with. I put up a smaller number and replace them when they sell, which they always do. I sell more items overall that way. Conversely, I don't bother with stacks of 100-200 at all anymore because they never sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    My experience has been vastly different. I never put up that many singles at a time, to begin with. I put up a smaller number and replace them when they sell, which they always do. I sell more items overall that way. Conversely, I don't bother with stacks of 100-200 at all anymore because they never sell.
    I have NEVER in this expansion put up a 200 stack of herbs and had it not sell. How backwoods is your server?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Found two very nice gold making options with 7.2. Hoping they stay relatively unknown for as long as possible.
    What's the point of your post then? What purpose does it serve for the OP who is asking for a gold making method?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelivabru View Post
    I tried a lot of these youtube tutorials on 'gold-making techniques' (like how to make 30k/hour and stuff like that), and what I've come to notice is that it highly depends on your realm.

About a month ago I was struggling to have enough gold just to keep myself raid-able and tried a lot of different stuff from these videos - skinning and herbs gathering, transmog farm etc.. and it didn't work so well as it was supposed to. So I watched this video talking about 'flipping', which is basically buying stuff that is under-priced and selling it again for a higher price, so I decided to try this out and it turned out to be really amazing - probably what you are looking for.

During weekdays I log basically for the raid and log out soon after, so I don't have a lot of time to farm anything really. What I do is: Everyday before raid time I log on my toon and I check the auction house for some items - again, this highly depends on your realm demands - for me those are Tomes and materials for it (dreamleaf and felwort), Augment Runes and some flasks, I check if the prices are lower than what it usually is and, if so, I buy everything. For example: Let's say Int Flaks are commonly sold for 300g and I see 100 for ~220g, I buy every one of them and place them again for the usual price. On my realm Dreamleaf and Felwort are sometimes extremely cheap - especially on weekends - I buy it and tranform it into Tomes. By doing "all" of this I've managed to go from ~30k to ~750k in about 3 weeks. It works pretty well for me.

TLDR: Learn the prices of commonly sold stuff on ah and flip it when you see it is cheaper than it usually is. Make it a routine to check the AH for it at least once or twice a day.

Also, recently I've started to level my alt's followers and send them in gold missions. I'm still in the process of equipping them so sometimes I can only get 150% and so sometimes it fails and I get only the ~500g from it - but hey, still a profit for doing basically nothing. I got 7 toons at 110 so I expect to be getting a lot more gold from these missions once I get them all well equipped.

Funny thing about those videos is, that the more people watch them and follow them it lowers the over all profit because more flippers or doing X strat will end up competing with each other and non flippers who end up undercutting anyways which drives down the market. On high pop servers its even worst.

I make ~5K-10k a day on average just from playing, and that is with out playing the AH or even trying to make gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I have NEVER in this expansion put up a 200 stack of herbs and had it not sell. How backwoods is your server?
    Was doing WQs the other day, and I'm pretty sure I heard banjos.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping for a huge AH and Guild Recruiment tool revamp both systems are ridiculously outdated.

But really I don't find myself doing gold missions as much as pre-7.2 , but the patch did make it easier to 200% 3 missions at the same time

Plenty of gold income from WQ/Emmisary/Paragon & legionfall bonus bags.

I am using new followers now however to level them, 1000 xp per quest/worldquest is good.

Gathering isn't what it used to be but in sheer volume you can get tons of felslate/leystone from seams, and flying makes herb farming even quicker too.

But again it varies per server. My old server I played on until 7.2 has double the prices of my current much bigger realm.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-07 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Farming starlights in suramar still brings in very nice gold, i reccomend farming them still because they are always in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
    Get alchemy, make Ancient Healing pots and obliterate them. Lots of profit.
    Great way to get carpal tunnel.

I think there are some addons for obliterating so you don't have to drag every single item in the window. Never bothered myself with the forge but I saw it on some youtube vid, a guy having an addon with something like a many slot backpack so he can dump all his obliterum fodder in there instead 1 by 1.