Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Not really important? My entire fucking character is ruined because of this. All other human hairstyles look dumb
    Pro tip, No one else cares about your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    Wow...
    When I clicked the topic I was expecting a warrior to rant about why we are getting disconnected and ported to Azsuna when we log back into the game, which happens every 1 in 2 jumps from Skyhold and has been going on for a while now.
    I guess your matter is more urgent, for sure.
    GOD DAMNED YES !!

That said, I've not had this happen since they did the changes to group finding addons, but christ, some days it could be as many as 90% of my jumps would DC and drop me next to the murloc pvp area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not really very important. We have bugs in our app going back years because there is just better stuff to do.
    Software development in a nutshell.

Frankly, the industry is always going to have them. No matter what you do. Everyone writes bugs. There's no perfect man out there who doesn't/never has.

Darsithis puts it bluntly but it is the way it is, the issues are in a priority queue and since the world works in a fashion where there's always going to be a fire somewhere that requires extinguishing, then this piece of warm wood(metaphorically) will never be really looked at.

I got the same experience working in Telco and seeing how they manage their Digital TV deployment to customers(200K+ subscribers nationwide, it's a small country) and it's just bugfixes after bugfixes(on top of actualy development), they never end.

And although I also curse WoW for having quite a few issues recently, you have to be a realist here and understand that the hair lighting issue is just not really something that gets the attention necessary for it to get fixed.

Now unless you know someone in the dev team and can report it directly via friend or a pal or something who could theoretically whip up a quick fix for you, then maybe, but outside of that possibility.

Not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    When I first read this thread I was like WTF?! The I saw who the OP was and it all makes sense now ... lol
    Now he's back to the game, you better get used to these kinda threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wear a helmet and problem fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry OP, I'm with you on this one. I've noticed this same bug every single time I've spotted a human with the foxtail cut and I'm stunned that so few people in this thread have noticed the same bug, it definitely ruins the hairstyle.

I had a human paladin myself who was rocking the cut for a few years, but I've had to go and trim it down because of this. If that had been one of my mains, I would have been pissed; as a roleplayer, shit that affects the appearance of a character can really trigger me, it's definitely an important aspect of the game to me.

Despite all of that, I can understand a hundred percent that Blizzard has far more urgent matters to attend to, such as the warrior DC bug that was mentioned above, HOWEVER, with their team of dozens, perhaps even hundreds, they apparently aren't even capable of tasking at least one capable staff member on fixing the minor issues such as these? It's mind boggling, and it honestly feels like downright poor employee and resource management to me, considering how much smaller game development companies have been known to get much more of this stuff done.

Legion as an expansion is just a bug tbh..

like honestly, the amount of bugs in this expansion is just staggering..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like that lighting. So I hope never.
    If you witnessed how it looks out in broad daylight, your tone would likely change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Pro tip, No one else cares about your character.
    This isn't just about his character, though; this also affects every single human in the game that has this same hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    If you witnessed how it looks out in broad daylight, your tone would likely change.

This isn't just about his character, though; this also affects every single human in the game that has this same hairstyle.
    I like it. It looks like it's an oily greasy look with that bad lighting.

Also don't speak for every human player. I use that hairstyle on my Human and I'm not complaining. And I highly doubt you went and asked every human player how they feel about it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-05 at 12:05 AM.

I had to create a level 1 to see this. I've been running around for about 5 minutes now, and I still can't see it. My character looks nothing like the OP's screen shot.

It's a feminine hairstyle. So it looks like natural highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's a feminine hairstyle. So it looks like natural highlights.

This hairstyle is not available to any females in-game. Also, the lighting bug for this style appeared in legion, and was not present in wod.

Example of Correct Lighting:
    (taken at the current login screen - the only place where the hairstyle works)

Example of Incorrect Lighting:
    (taken during the daytime in dalaran)

Both images are supposed to show "Blonde Hair". But as you can see, the lower doesn't, because it isn't working correctly.

Looks Dark Blonde to me. But like he's using too much hair product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    This hairstyle is not available to any females in-game. Also, the lighting bug for this style appeared in legion, and was not present in wod.

Example of Correct Lighting:
    (taken at the current login screen - the only place where the hairstyle works)
    *snip*

Example of Incorrect Lighting:
    (taken during the daytime in dalaran)
    *snip*

Both images are supposed to show "Blonde Hair". But as you can see, the lower doesn't, because it isn't working correctly.
    Thank you! That right there is the example that I wanted to see.

Edit: Whilst I'm here, I can't help but point out that face that your human has in those screenshots. I have a rogue who suffers from the same face, and he looks to be on the border of crying. This isn't a bug, I know, but certainly another mistake by Blizzard, considering that the same face on the original model looked nothing like this; it was more smug than depressed.
    Last edited by Gonder; 2017-05-05 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Looks Dark Blonde to me. But like he's using too much hair product.
    if you're referencing the bottom picture of my post, then no that is not dark blonde -that is brunette.

Besides, shouldn't the hair color stay consistent in normal daytime lighting?

Right after blink starts working properly. Blink only traveling 1-2 yards, failing on some surfaces, falling through floors etc.

How long has Blink been broken? 14 years?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-05-05 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    This hairstyle is not available to any females in-game.

I didn't suggest that it did.

Your screenshots also look totally different than what I see as well.

Has Blizzard acknowledged this as a bug? Because what I see, is different from what the OP sees, and what you see. The difference between you and me, is our computers (unless you're EU?)
    Last edited by ablib; 2017-05-05 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Not really important? My entire fucking character is ruined because of this. All other human hairstyles look dumb
    You're trying too hard on these forums since you "came back to wow" recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I didn't suggest that it did.

Your screenshots also look totally different than what I see as well.

Has Blizzard acknowledged this as a bug? Because what I see, is different from what the OP sees, and what you see. The difference between you and me, is our computers (unless you're EU?)
    I assumed your statement "It's a feminine hairstyle" meant that you believed it was a hairstyle for females first. My apologies. Regardless, the texture atlas for male human hair is universal for all styles, so it should be consistent with the others.

As for it being my computer, I don't really think that's the case (unless my guildmates are suffering the same problem as they have confirmed my character's hair being broke on their screen as well).

The only way to see is if someone posted a screenshot of the hairstyle (if they think it looks alright as is).

Deleted
    Character visual seen bugs like animations, textures and model related problems should be fixed right after critical bugs which breaks the game. Especially in MMO.