Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not fun, but it's suppose to, theoretically, keep premiums down by putting healthy people in the insurance pool. That's the whole point of the mandate.

I'm not entirely sure it worked, but we do need some sort of powerful incentive that gets healthy people to buy insurance so premiums stay down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    There's a mandate to treat people in this country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act

So if you don't have insurance you can still get care at the emergency room. This is not funded directly by the federal government so it can come out of the hospitals own revenue. Fewer people with insurance means higher operating costs for hospitals which means higher cost for hospital visits.

The most cost effective way to do it is get as many people on insurance as possible to offset costs incurred by those who do get sick. Everyone uses insurance eventually, even if its just to get your teeth cleaned.
    I never said having it was a bad thing. It should just be an option; not a requirement.

Joke's on them either way. The one and only reason I have the job I do is because they offer insurance. Not a penny out of my pocket.

This sure is exciting. It's not every day you see an entire chunk of Washington DC commit career suicide. I've watched some of these Republican speeches regarding their "win" and I gotta wonder if there's something in the air or water in DC that causes delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    This sure is exciting. It's not every day you see an entire chunk of Washington DC commit career suicide. I've watched some of these Republican speeches regarding their "win" and I gotta wonder if there's something in the air or water in DC that causes delusions.
    The ones from red states might be fine. The ones from purple and blue states are going to be eaten alive in 2018.

I think people should get what they voted for. If it's worse, they should face the consequences of their decision and live with it for 4 years. Then, maybe in 4 years, they can try thinking a little before voting.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I think people should get what they voted for. If it's worse, they should face the consequences of their decision and live with it for 4 years. Then, maybe in 4 years, they can try thinking a little before voting.
    Assuming they are up for reelection in 2018. Most of them don't have to worry until 2020.

I guess the politics of 2010 are coming back now.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

how to pass a republican healthcare.....

Don't let anybody read the god dam thing because the moment they do they will get sick and not vote for it.

Worst part is I'm not even joking, they all admitted that passing the law is more important then knowing what's in the god dam law.

Then their are all those comments about how the AHCA should be as good as the ACA which just means they know it isn't as good, sure the ACA could probably use some tweaks but that doesn't mean repeal the whole god dam thing.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Problem is that it is not only Trump voters that are going to suffer. I reckon a lot of people who need Obamacare actually knew that and voted Democrat instead. Those people might lose everything in the 3-7 years this is in place, which is quite long for a political gotcha.

If only people that voted Republicans had to switch to the Unaffordable Health-Care Act, that would be fine. Sadly, it will only be the republican politicians that can keep their stuff, because that is how they wrote the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    how to pass a republican healthcare.....

Don't let anybody read the god dam thing because the moment they do they will get sick and not vote for it.

Worst part is I'm not even joking, they all admitted that passing the law is more important then knowing what's in the god dam law.

Then their are all those comments about how the AHCA should be as good as the ACA which just means they know it isn't as good, sure the ACA could probably use some tweaks but that doesn't mean repeal the whole god dam thing.
    You forgot the most important part: celebrate your it as a 'victory' as if you had just done more than just get almost everyone in your own camp to vote for your own policy.

Wait, what ?! Apparently insurance companies will be able to classify things such as pregnancies, domestic violence and rape pre-existing conditions?! That's straight up one of the most evil things I've ever heard...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7718661.html

I thought republicans were pro life. Why is their bill eliminating maternity coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Wait, what ?! Apparently insurance companies will be able to classify things such as pregnancies, domestic violence and rape pre-existing conditions?! That's straight up one of the most evil things I've ever heard...

I hope these fuckers choke to death on their cheerios in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I thought republicans were pro life. Why is their bill eliminating maternity coverage?
    Because men can't get pregnant.

They aren't pro-life. All the care about is punishing the woman for having sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro is like professional, go give birth and back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I forgot the part in the Bible where Jesus turned away the sick because of preexisting conditions. Too bad I didn't go to one of those awesome charter schools the DeVos loves, I might have learned to read.
    Except the meme is completely wrong and there is a section in the bill that does cover pre-existing conditions. There was even one added by the two gentlemen that met with trump that added $8 billion to the bill totaling to a $138 billion commitment to stabilize people's insurance that have pre-existing conditions. Whoever told you this bill didn't cover pre-existing conditions lied to you or maybe you are doing the lying on your own?

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=000001...b-f7dc0ec90000

http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/...0Amendment.pdf
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-05-05 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post

just wait and see for the more horrible shit that will come, they got the support from the ''freedom'' caucus so you know fully well how bad a bill must be when they almost literally argued that the previous bill wasn't extreme enough.

The Seneta Republicans already know how shit the House Bill is so they aren't even planning on voting for that bill

Senate Republicans signal they plan to scrap bill the House just passed and write their own
    http://www.businessinsider.com/senat...ll-ahca-2017-5

And give it a week extra time so people can do the numbers and that will just be the proof because High-risk pools (which is the basis of the entire plan) doesn't fucking work. Just google it since people already did the numbers on this part and you will see how underfunded high-risk pools are in the GOP plan, you can not have affordable insurance when the risk category (rightly or not since being a women isn't a risk) are put in the same risk pool.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-05-05 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    just wait and see for the more horrible shit that will come, they got the support from the ''freedom'' caucus so you know fully well how bad a bill must be when they almost literally argued that the previous bill wasn't extreme enough.

The Seneta Republicans already know how shit the House Bill is so they aren't even planning on voting for that bill

http://www.businessinsider.com/senat...ll-ahca-2017-5

And give it a week extra time so people can do the numbers and that will just be the proof because High-risk pools (which is the basis of the entire plan) doesn't fucking work. Just google it since people already did the numbers on this part and you will see how underfunded high-risk pools are in the GOP plan, you can not have affordable insurance when the risk category (rightly or not since being a women isn't a risk) are put in the same risk pool.
    lol

I wonder what Trump will do when Trumpcare gets taken out back and shot by the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    lol

I wonder what Trump will do when Trumpcare gets taken out back and shot by the senate.
    Blame Democrats (and hidden secret shadow government Obama) for not voting on his shitty bill...just like he did previously.

I don't think Trump understands that Democrats have no obligation to vote with Republicans and that ''compromise'' needs to work both ways when you try to get a new deal.

Trying to put a gun to somebody's head (and still missing) and then try to force a ''comprise'' isn't a god dam compromise but a terrorist act in some ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Ooops your kid got cancer....Annnnnnnnnd they're dead! Weak ass kid.
    No no no no no! That is not what he said. He said "cull the herd from the weak". His kid got cancer therefore the rest of his family must die :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Except the meme is completely wrong and there is a section in the bill that does cover pre-existing conditions. There was even one added by the two gentlemen that met with trump that added $8 billion to the bill totaling to a $138 billion commitment to stabilize people's insurance that have pre-existing conditions. Whoever told you this bill didn't cover pre-existing conditions lied to you or maybe you are doing the lying on your own?

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=000001...b-f7dc0ec90000

http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/...0Amendment.pdf
    Both of the links you provided say that a state would define what a preexisting condition is worthy of a waver and then would require federal approval. This in fact does remove preexisting conditions as defined by the federal government and creates a lot of buracracy to get any approval. There is nothing in what you linked that forces insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions, as ACA did, while it in fact requires both state and federal approval of a waver to even be considered a preexisting condition that is covered and then sets a time limit which forces it to be renewed.

The bills you linked show how difficult for someone who has preexisting conditions it will be to get a waver. Without federal protection of those with preexisting conditions, which your links explicitly say wouldn't exist, preexisting conditions are not covered. They included a waver program, that is applied on the tax payer, not insurance, then requires state and federal approval of the waver.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-05-05 at 10:36 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi